Make it a MUD

L

Laharl

I was thinking that perhaps instead of just carrying on the MMORG bandwagon (WoW being one of the newer additions) it should be one of the games for true gamers (MUDS). If they do they can update the actual game a lot easier (MUDS are more easily adjusted than MMORGS by their sheer nature) with less download time on the part of the actual player. It would also be a lot more compatible with different systems (Different MUD clients), and can be run off of internet explorer itself. If they insist on charging per month they can make their own MUD client of sorts and force you to use it (By giving it a serial key).

* Wants to see a Diablo based MUD made by Blizzard *

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
If I don't have to pay for it :-/.

L

Laharl

Chances are you wouldn't need to pay for it on a monthly basis. Every new idea seems to be for MMORGS, and I say that hardcore gamers should get Diablo III.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
I'd buy DIII if it was 200$ or 20$ a month... I <3 Diablo too much not to play it. WTF is a mud?

L

Laharl

MUD, Multi-user Dungeon (named in honour of Dungeon the first MUD). It's entirely text-based which explains it's superior adaptability.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
MUD's were cool like...5 years ago...

L

Laharl

MUDS are where all the true gamers are, unlike the poser MMORGS. Sorry, iMike but MUDS are like Opera (Web Browser). All people in computer fields go for them in a big way.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Yeah, not so much. I used to be heavy into the MUD scene. Hell, I played the shit outta Materia Magica for over two years and had an Archon as a character. MUDS arn't where all the true gamers are, and in fact most of the people I used to play with said that they're just playing this cause they're either a) at work or b) on a shitty computer

L

Laharl

If you don't mind I'd rather avoid MMORGS and all the little preteeners that seem to occupy them. But to hear people complain about such things I'd recommend the WoW section.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Preteens occupy MUDS too, but MUDS dont have as many members...

L

Laharl

I find that most immature/whiny people quit muds before they get too annoying. They take patience, which most people ( thank god ) do not have. ( most muds ) these days simply have a better userbase then MMORGS, or any b.net game.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
how can you say that when there are hundreds of thousands of muds.

Not to mention theres a good 4k Pokemon/Digimon MUDS. They must be real mature.

L

Laharl

I'm talking about the ones that aren't based off kids shows, Mike.

Dos telanth drill dos xun naut vok.

I'm tired of Diablo II and the little kiddies on it who only seem to think an item is good if it has "Dying" or "Jordan" in it's name.