Maintenance ftl

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Dude, I'm consistantly #2 or 3 on the damage charts with an Arms Warrior, really sick Rogue, and well-geared Enhancement Shaman. I'm a Scorch Mage with about 700 +dmg gear and 20% crit chance without Molten Armor, and without Arcane Instability.

Frost seems to be the new PvP spec, Fire/Arc seems to be the new PvE spec. ;)

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Mike seems really worked up. I'm glad I don't know enough about WoW yet to give a shit about a mage nerf.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I'm on and off about it. While IceLance was incredibly overpowerd in both PvP and PvE (hell, i could solo elites like they were normal mobs with Ice lance/shatter and frost nova/coldsnap), my nova now breaks anytime my fireblast crits on it (which is like 30% of the time). It's just a huge inconvience because I'm so used to it being the other way.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Yeah, I'm gonna respec soonish...whenever I feel like actually using my mage again that is. Not being in a guild tends to suck.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I love my build, got Ice Block and most of the power of Fire. I'm sure Arcane/Power's better for PvE, but I really can't see myself not doing anything but spamming scorch/fireballs. I love Frost Nova, and even if it got nerfed, I got improved Frost Nova too.

Mage's are not all about damage. We're also the kings of Crowd Control. Or would be if lolocks couldn't chain fear like hell.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
How are we kings of CC?

We have two real CC abilities, Sheep and Frost Nova. Frost Nova isn't exactly the best CC there is, but it is good. Sheep is a laughable CC, unless you get it off at the start. Full heal over 5 seconds is ridiculous.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Yeah the way they did the frost nova thing poorly... And they still need to nerf them druids

Oh and lolocks are the CC kings; Fear, seduce, Banish.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
How are we kings of CC?

We have two real CC abilities, Sheep and Frost Nova. Frost Nova isn't exactly the best CC there is, but it is good. Sheep is a laughable CC, unless you get it off at the start. Full heal over 5 seconds is ridiculous.
You know, you can polymorph hem even in combat. Sometimes bad pull happens, and if you can sheep someone it'll mean less stress in the healer. That's one of the best things we mages can make.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It is, against Humanoids, Beasts and Critters (the last one's the best part about it \o/). Anyone who says it sucks should really learn the game.

And I repeat. We would be kings of Crownd Control (sheep lasts for 50 seconds PvE, and it's easily repeatable, and Frost Nova is the only spell in the entire game that completly stops every enemy, hence saving your party many a time), if it wasn't for the fact that lolocks can chain fear. Mind you, I wouldn't mind if lolocks could chain fear, but they would lose lots of DPS in that. But no, they can chain fear and dot the hell out of the mob, killing him, while we have to heal hem if they're not full health. At least we can dps something else while sheep's on. Seduce is not always the best option (Blood pact usually is), and most mobs are humanoids/beasts, can not be banished.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Seduce is good, but Succubus' lose mana, get interrupts and some warlocks just ****ing suck balls and take ****ING FOREVER to re-seduce.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
But see, here's the difference:

If a sheep breaks, 9 times out of 10, for whatever inane reason, the mob rushes the MAGE trying to frantically re-poly it. If it's a Heroic instance, 9 times out of 10 if the Mage isn't expecting the broken poly, he's going to get 1-shotted.

On the other hand, if a Seduce breaks, 9 times out of 10 it's bum-rushing the healer. OHHHH now we have a much different situation on our hands. "TEH HEELERZ IN TRUBBLE! HALP HIM!!"

At least when a Seduce breaks, a poor, helpless, defenseless Mage isn't getting butt****ed in the corner somewhere. :grunt

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That's why I resheep it after every mob we kill. Yes, it may still happen, but not so much that's fo sure.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You'v not done many heriocs have you? Sheep's new counting has a good chance to break on every tick (3 seconds), and it increases by something like 4.6% each time. And thats for mobs that are your level, not your level eliters.

I'm not saying sheep's bad, I'm saying it's far from the best CC there is in PvE. PvP it's alright, but the healing thing makes it a total pain in the ass

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Well honestly, what's better in PvE?

And yes, i've done many heroics. 11 badges only though :(

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I'm mostly talking about it sucking in PvP. In PvE it's actually good, if the people on your group arn't total ****tards. I'm so goddamn sick and tired of having a wahrrior lolwhirlwind to get aggro and breaking my sheep every goddamn 4 seconds, then bitching at me because I'm not sheeping.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Nub warrior. The only time you EVER need to go into beserker stance is for beserker rage (Immune to fear for 10 seconds, more rage gained by getting hit). Especially since tclap is in defensive stance, produces more threat too.