Maintenance ftl

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
It's so ****ing boring. I'm sitting on our servers IRC channel talking to an alliance warrior about whatever waiting to use my new rage!!!

Yes, i'm bored :(

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I have no manteinaince, only tomorrow.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am crying alongside my shaman bretheren in the shaman forums.

Maintenance FTL indeed.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Mage Nerf FTL.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's stupid that they nerfed FN and not just Ice Lance.. Way2logic, blizz.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
"It was never inteneded to work this way!"

You mean, it's gone blind to your eye for almost 3 years now? Nice.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
What happened to mages now?

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
And they nerfed deep demon locks by making tactics +crit instead of +dmg. BUT, makes SL/Ruin locks a force to be reckoned with ;)

I'ma respec when it's up.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
What happened to mages now?
The highest lvl frost nova breaks on 1500 crit dmg. Which is basically 1 crit. Makes it so you cant throw down 5 Ice Lances having each one crit for 2.5k anymore (not that that ever really happened. I mean, it happened to me ONCE out of thousands of instances).

But in reality, it ****s all mages over now that it breaks on 1500 ANY CRIT dmg. Not just Ice lance, Frost SPells or mage spells. ANY 1500dmg will break it. And their reason was that "Frost nova was never intended to work that way". Hell, MOST mages would rather they just take out Ice Lance and replace it with something else than changing this, but blizzard couldn't care less about what their customers want. :acclaim

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
No, we don't deserve that, not at all! Ice Lance is one thing, Frost Nova is other. We shouldn't have a Frost Nova nerf, which is something that has already saved the parties I play with many a time.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Sean is gay.

About the mage nerf, you guys need it. You're already easy mode.
No, we really don't. Mages are getting nerfed left and right now a days, and we're really almost at the point where we're purely a situational class. We make the water/food for the raid, give them AI, then we sit there and become out DPSed by two rogues, a fury warrior, and a lock. And it's not like we don't know what we're doing, our DMG just scales horrrrribly.

Seriously, Frost Nova was a staple part of our survival, and this 1500dmg break thing is ridiculous. Expecially since lock still get the ability DoT>Fear>DoT>Fear>DoT>Fear>DoT>Fear>DoT>Fear till dead. In reality, our only good method of PvP CC now is Polymorph, but if you consider a full health regen over 5 seconds a good method of CC, then you're an idiot.

Edit; Don't get me wrong, I used to do something like 5-7.5kdmg in 4 seconds with Ice Lance, and I could run all over any class anytime of the day with PoM/AP/Trinket Ice Lance/Pyro, hell, I did something like 12k dmg in 10 seconds. Yeah, that's OP, bu it was 1/3min, and more often then not if you knew how to play, you could kill me before I could kill you. Ice Lance combined with shatter//frozen nova was overpowered, but Frost Nova has never been anywhere near OP.

ferofax

Reaction score
...sounds like more drastic changes. blizzard must really be having fun torturing players, letting them lean easy on a feature, and then taking it away, sending players on a wild tumble. sucks.

not that i care, im a rogue. =P

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
If you're getting out dpsed by a fury warrior, then you should reroll.
No, the fury warrior and rogues were geared out the ass. Before I dropped my guild we had the 10 of our kara people min-maxed, and i was still about 4% lower than the fury warrior. Fully raid buffed I had ~1200 fire, 5sorch 5fireball, 1sorch, so on and so forth on bosses.

Trust me, it wasn't me.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
...sounds like more drastic changes. blizzard must really be having fun torturing players, letting them lean easy on a feature, and then taking it away, sending players on a wild tumble. sucks.

not that i care, im a rogue. =P
In the past few patches and other things, we've had,

10% dmg nerf on our core bolt spells.
lower +spell dmg co-efficents on said bolt spells
spellsteal taken off it's seperate (from beta, made it a lot better)
the FN debuff.

Guarentee you PoM is going to be changed soon, as is AP. Tseric (the Blizzard employee that speaks on mages behalf) has already stated a few times that PoM/AP/Trinket/Clearcasting/Pyroblast is overpowered, and when he says something is OP it means it's going to be hit with a nerf soon.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Ok while i do agree, PvE-wise the nerf is pretty gay (As a warrior), but PvP-wise i think it's good. Too bad they didn't keep the nerf to just players and not NPCs as well.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I read through the different class forums on the official WoW forums all the time and all I see is OP this nerf that OP this nerf that WE SUCK WE ROCK WE SUCK FIX THIS FIX THAT. Jesus Christ..play your god damn class and deal with it or reroll. Simple.