BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I have like..1.3k mana at 18. Gotta love having 300+ gold that low.. ^^;

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I hate twinks :D

Even if that's not one.

Anyway, can someone please /w coRtALoS to see if he can come and give his opinion? I wanna hear from a 60 mage, too :)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
He's a PvEer, though, I'm sure he has no clues about true mage power :D

What server does he play in?

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I hate twinks :D

Even if that's not one.

Anyway, can someone please /w coRtALoS to see if he can come and give his opinion? I wanna hear from a 60 mage, too :)
Ya, I hate twinks too. I usually don't buy gear. I've been buying greens for my mage, but that's nothing. It's mostly shit you can farm for. Regardless..his only twinkage is having maxed out professions for his level. Once I ding 20 I'll be able to take engineering and enchanting to 225.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
It's all really about what you're looking to do.

If you're in a guild that's going to be raiding mostly, and you're starting out MC, BWL, and Ony, or in the middle of farming them, obviously Frost Mages are what they're looking for.

If you're looking to drop people fast in PvP BattleGrounds, then duh.

The details are all up to the person that's building their own Mage. I'm mostly about overall damage. I didn't go all-out with frostpower when we started MC because I knew we'd be doing Naxx. I'm not going all-out fire damage because who knows? Maybe Blizz will make the Arcane tree a viable school of damage dealing for us without raping your mana pool in TBC.

http://ctprofiles.net/3607996

Some gear I chose over NW for the +dmg, though lately I'm regretting not going for the full 8/8 NW bonus. Part of it stems from the DKP whoring our guild has a problem of doing as we have no DKP limit.

Solo, I normally hit for around 1k non-crit Rank 11 Frostbolt. Crits vary from 1.9k to 2.3k depending on if it's a Trink-PoM-Nuke or not.

Not going to sit here and tell you something you pick is stupid, you might've found a use for it others haven't. But keep in mind, though you'll feel safe with stats, your guild most likely recruited you because you're a ranged DPS class. IMHO, +dmg comes before +stats.

My spec below was created out of a desire to farm Zul'Gurub, and still be one of the top 5 damage dealers in most raids. After making over 500g in under 2 weeks, I don't give a **** what anyone says about this build. I'm richer than most people without using my Visa credit card, and I'm looking forward to being able to afford my flying mount at level 70.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...550000231000000000000000000005150233002351000

Unfortunately with our guild up to Huhuran now, our guild's Mages are starting to get little hints from the officers that we could use extra damage output from Fire-build or elemental build Mages.

I hate elemental builds. You can't get enough goodies from each of the talent trees, which is why I'll always be a PoM-blah build Mage, unless TBC proves another build may be better. :)

P.S. - I really miss Frostbite since I started farming. :(

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Why the 1 point in Elemental Precision instead of Cold Snap? =o

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Again, that's my farming/+dmg build, not my preferred PvP build, though that PoM and those other goodies in there help me rock people down fast in BGs as well.

If you've never farmed mobs in bulk before, you won't know the pain of CoC'ing a group of mobs, one resisting, and rushing your ass down.

Did you watch that ZG farming video?

I don't do it on THAT kind of scale yet, but I'm sure that guy has 3/3 Ele Precision for just that. Not one Tiger/Croc resists his CoC, and that's probably the main thing that keeps him alive.

Goddamn I need to learn how that Rogue pulled that many!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Eheh, I do that a lot, against mobs my own level, I go against them, Frost Nova, Flamestrike, Solid Dynamite (around 250 damage, which is pretty damn damage at level 28), then Arcane Explode and Cone them to death :D

And is the 6% of Elemental Precision really that notable (I mean, you can note it ^^)?

By the way, what level is Zul'Farrak? That's a 60 mage.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yeah, whatever. What level is it? 60?

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
And is the 6% of Elemental Precision really that notable (I mean, you can note it ^^)?
Highly.

Think about how often mobs fully resist a spell of yours, or even partially. It doesn't happen very often, that spec makes that possibility almost 1 in a thousand when fighting normal mobs. Also keep in mind that the "number" that reflects your resistances to schools of magic isn't based out of 100%.

And ZG's min level is 55. Apparently you can get about 1.2k xp per croc kill (NON-rested) at level 58.

Yep, I've found out how I'm going to grind out my first 3 levels on Cort in the X-Pac. =D

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I'm not even 60 yet, i'll have shit for rested xp, where you guys will have like 160k rested.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
What about your cliché Tauren Shaman?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I don't play him no more. He's back on Silvermoon with the hypocritical guild and PvE rules.