Lurker? how many of u use it.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
If they have a detector, your lurkers won't be around for much longer though. They will target them first.

Luedize

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Good point *pulls out a notepad*...any more hints? I keep getting my ass handed to me lately.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I only really know tactics for Terran.

TvZ: Go straight for M&M (marines & medics). Scout early and see if they have many sunks or any at all (just lings). If so, attack with the first 12 marines & 2 medics you get. Get starport & SV (science vessels) equipped with irradiate. You dont have to get tanks too early. But after that first attack. Get more barracks (3or4, maybe 5) and get your factory.
In late game. Mainly use M&M, SV's and Light Tank support.

TvP: Your main force of attack is Metal (all factory units). Tanks + Vultures are good for rushes & mid game attacks. In late game you could possibly get Tanks + Goliaths + Vultures + EMP. Goliaths mainly for anti-air. Vultures & Tanks for anti-ground. EMP if you wish.

TvT: Mainly metal. Tanks + Goliaths. Late game get BCs.

Hope that helps...a bit

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
if u stack the lurkers it will be really good def. but some units wit splash damage can kill them cus they in groups. but no one didnt do tat to me so i still stack em.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Never stack lurkers! NEVER! If you do. a toss player will just PSI-Storm or Terran will irradiate....then they are all dead. Now wasn't that a waste of money?
Wing_0 i suggest you don't stack from now on. Even though no one splashes you with whatever because it could cost you a game.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Irradiate doesnt splash if the unit is burrowed, but PSI will kill stacked lurkers...

Infested

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.
i never use lurkers as directly offensive units, but they make the perfect units to drop. they are also great to counter drops and mass ground melee units. Tanks are a problem but if you see them going to siege mode you just unburrow and move your lurkers. If they didn't bring a detector with them, you can allie the attacking player temporarily and then unally when their units are on top of the lurkers. by then its 2 late for them.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renzokuken
Never stack lurkers! NEVER! If you do. a toss player will just PSI-Storm or Terran will irradiate....then they are all dead. Now wasn't that a waste of money?
Wing_0 i suggest you don't stack from now on. Even though no one splashes you with whatever because it could cost you a game.
i havent been readin this part of the fourm so i couldnt catch ur warin it it lik happen to me yesterday so i just give u a late thanks for warin me

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
irradiate doesn't affect the units around it if it is burrowed, do they?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
um yep it does

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
it does? weird, i could swer (my english sucks i know) that they wont affect.. gota try that

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
If a unit remains burrowed, the effects of irradiate will not kill surrounding units, unless the affected unit unburrows and runs around. Usually when you irradiate an enemy computer, it will stay burrowed until death, while any player's unit will immediately unburrow and run around like a chicken with no head.

mmm... chicken.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
lol Never go to KFN

Aiek

Member!
Reaction score
I nearly always use 5-6 lurkers every time i play zerg, great support for your ling/hydra rush..

HellAngel[SAS]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I dun really like devourers. They are slow in attacking and they cost too much for what ur gettin. I would rather use scourges with my guardians, since it is cheaper and faster, though it may not work all the time. I use lurker drop if i find my opponent fast enuff and lurker for sum defense isn't bad either. Lurker can own if you know how to control it properly, with the burrowing and placement of it.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
irradiate doesn't affect the units around it if it is burrowed, do they?
No it doesnt. Irradiate affects nothing when burrowed. Even if they are stacked-burrowed.