Lurker? how many of u use it.

Tool

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
its not one bit like a dt

a lurks has to burrrow b4 it can attack, and a dt is always cloaked...

but yes... i always use lurks

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
DT's are shit for HP and Lurkers are slow, thats why you send in a decoy, like a Ultra with your Lurkers, while their trying to attack the Ultra, you can get Lurkers in without any being killed, unless they micromanage.

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
Lurkes and Hydralisk are the best partners, proble because Hydralisk turn into Lurkes.

I never have trouble defeating an enemy with an Army full of Lurkes and Hydras!!

Want to see? "pm" me and we'll Battle!!!

TaZeR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I never attack with lurkers. They are, however, extremely powerful as defense. 12 lurkers borrowed can take out a large army (especially if the player is making M&Ms with no Science Vessel or scanner(aka noob)).

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Who cares if the threads old. People still post don't they? And yes. Lurkers are great defense but are countered by SV & Tank support.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Tank and SV support alone has a major problem, which is Lings. I usually have some Gols with my Tanks, but most people think M&M is the god awsome strat that should never be dis-included in any type of assault.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
M&M is the best counter for hydras, if they have lings u should maybe add some firebats. Most people think that lurkers are invincible, but M&M + tanks&vessels IS the best counter for hydra&lurk, because even though lurkers waste M&M, they aren't invincible. It IS possible to kill lurkers with M&M, tank support just makes it a lot easier and balances the teams.

Jay_P

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I generally use them at my front door with 6-10 hydras and a defiler to dark swarm them. Then if i scouted an opening in my enemy's base i drop lurks and hydras and take em out

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
That's what i hate about tanks (when your their enemy). They fully **** your lurkers up. Because when vsing zerg. You need detectors.

Valkarius

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Perhaps the most important thing one should know about the Devourer is that ITS NOT A PRIMARY ASSAULT UNIT! The Mutalisks, on the other hand, ARE! Devourers are great SUPPORT UNITS, in much the same way as a Protoss player would use Corsairs. They're not "crap". They never were, and they never will be!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Mutalisks suck. They are good for hit & run, scout & kill groups. But never for big assaults. Only when you use the muta + ling tactic when vsing zerg.
All anti-air ships are support units.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by Remiraz
What the hell are you guys talking about?!?

Lurker is one of the BW units that had MAJOR impact on the way Zerg is play!

SOME of the impact of the Lurker :

Other than its EXTREMELY HIGH damage potential which amounts to the ability to WIPE OUT entire ground armies it made certain profound changes to exisiting gameplay...

ZERG VS PROTOSS

-Zerg no longer gets owned by large amount of mixed Protoss non-casting Ground (Zealot + Dragoon + Archon). A group of 6 Lurkers deals TREMENDOUS damage to even 10 Zealots, 10 Dragoons and 4 Archons.

-Protoss non-casting ground no longer can attack with CALCULATED loss. At any one time, they might face up to 12 Lurkers doing 240 damage to every single one of their 20-30+ units.

-Protoss now almost ALWAYS requires casting Ground units in order to beat Zerg due to the damage potential of the Lurker.

-Protoss may now be CONTAINED by Zerg until he finds a solution to the burrowed (*cloaked*) Lurkers outside his base.

ZERG VS TERRAN

-Terran Mass Marine-Only Strategies DO NOT WORK while it was the DEFINITIVE tactic in vanilla Starcraft! 4 Lurkers Counters 30+ Marines!

-Terran infantry drops (and even Tank/Mech drops) can no longer be performed with perfect calculated loss. Drops with detectors are GREATLY slowed due to the fact that they had to Siege and take out your Lurkers first.

-Terran early game contain (offensive bunker + marines/firebats) can now be effectively stopped!

-Terran early game offense can now be effectively stopped!

-Terran mixed Ground no longer owns Zerg mixed Ground!!! It is finally possible for a mix group of Lurkers and Ground units to take out a group of Goliaths/Tanks/Marines/Firebats/Vulture

ZERG VS ZERG

-Zerg VS Zerg is NO LONGER all about Muta/Ling! Hydralisks only openings has always been hindered by the damage potential of the Zerglings. 1-2 Lurkers in the group solves EVERYTHING by eliminating ALL Zerglings attackers in 1-2 attacks!

-Groups of Zerglings can be made easily ineffective in the early-mid, mid and late game!

-More variety if nothing else!

Of course, the Devourer is still crap. :p
NO YOUR WRONG AND YOU SPEAK LIES YOU MUST DIE AND GO TO HELL

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Lurkers are used offencively in both ZvP and ZvT. Lurkers and medics are the 2 units that have changed the gameplay the most of all the new units in BW.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Lurkers rock as offence and as defence. They are handy if you put a few near your peons to defend against drops.

Luedize

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I like placeing lurkers all throughout my base, lots of em if I can. Good surprise defense. When the person I am playing comes into my base and drops units, it works wonders sometimes.