Lurker? how many of u use it.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Yes. Early in the game i make 6 lings vs terran for defence, 12 vs toss or 12++ vs zerg. In mid game they are useless vs terran and toss. As soon as toss gets +1 attack upgrade, zealots kill lings in only 2 hits. Terran will make firebats and M&M and lings will get wasted.
In late game they are good in ZvZ or with ultras in storm vs terran or toss.

KatanaWolf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have to disagree. Money maps bring more micromanagement and strategies than none money maps. True. The economical "worry" about having no money left is gone, but you still have to start worrying about what kind of units to build, and how to attak.

Plus, which do you think require more strategy? A thirty unit versus. thirty unit fight in none-money maps, or the 100vs.100 fight in money maps?

Atop of that, if you mess up, you're screwed. The enemy will usually pour into your base with no chance for you to recover.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
In non money maps there is terrain. Terrain is a very important factor which can change the outcome of a battle. Units on low ground only have a 70% chance to hit a target on high ground. It is also harder to stop a tank drop or carrier attack if the units are placed on top of a cliff, because of the isolation. Also, u cant see what is happening on top of a cliff unless u have a unit on top of it.

As for the micromanagement, it is much more important in non-money maps. In money maps, u are dead if u lose all 100 units. In non-money maps, u may be dead if u lose 8 zerglings in the beginning of the game. A zerg player can be rushed with zealots and probes, and he will have to micro and kill the probes, attack 1 zealot, run away, surround zealots, run more, and keep doing this while making more zerglings and getting a sunken up. If u use mutas, u have to fly in and attack SCVs, fly back out when the enemy's marines arrive, fly in and attack a depot in another part of the base, fly back out, attack an expansion, and repeat. If u use reavers u have to keep loading and unloading the reaver into a shuttle so it will be harder to kill. If u use a vulture sneak u will have to get passt the enemy's defenses, lay mines all over his base, get to the minerals and start killing probes, and micro some more when the enemy goons arrive so u can kill as many probes as possible. These are just some examples of micro in non-money maps. In money maps u just build units and keep them away from storm, thats all.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Originally posted by AKA-47
In money maps u just build units and keep them away from storm, thats all.
That is the truest and funniest thing I have heard all day... :p

Remiraz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by KatanaWolf
I have to disagree. Money maps bring more micromanagement and strategies than none money maps. True. The economical "worry" about having no money left is gone, but you still have to start worrying about what kind of units to build, and how to attak.

Plus, which do you think require more strategy? A thirty unit versus. thirty unit fight in none-money maps, or the 100vs.100 fight in money maps?

Atop of that, if you mess up, you're screwed. The enemy will usually pour into your base with no chance for you to recover.
I'll have to disagree since every non-newbie alive knows that money maps are for newbies.

KatanaWolf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, whatever the argument, personally, I perfer money maps because I find it proves a better battle. Now, please don't start beating me down with all the extra micro needed in non-money maps... what I meant was there's higher percentage of battles and more units in them.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
On lost temple u have to expand every 5 minutes.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I find a challenging high-pace game with lots of micro fun.

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
the only reason y i play sc is to win but seeing things go splat is not very high on my to do list

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by lordson
lsot temple is hard

thats why i dont play it

not very fun either

too much skill involed

what amkes a game fun?
winning, or jsut seeing stuff die and splatter?
I only play Lost Temple on non-money maps because its the only map i know very well and can play well at