Lurker? how many of u use it.

Silent_Assassin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
money maps are the most played maps in bw melee and i use lukers always in all of my stratgies first i attack there front base and come from the back with all of my gaurdians (works every time)

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
The reason money maps are the most played is that most players dont have the skills to play non-money maps. Progamers never play on money maps (except once, but that was som sort of cherity show)

manofhonor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
why i hesitateto use my bw and to switch from vanilla, is the diferent aspect...because of the dt and the lurkers, every playes has detectors,thats 100%sure,so forget cloaked wraiths,forget the protoss observers usefulness...im tryong to decide if im switching or not to bw, can someone convince me?

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
Every time i try to bs a guy when I have finnaly got 150 devs and gards he discects! I was gonna bs like 4 ppl at once but thay disconnect ill send i a couple replys.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by manofhonor
why i hesitateto use my bw and to switch from vanilla, is the diferent aspect...because of the dt and the lurkers, every playes has detectors,thats 100%sure,so forget cloaked wraiths,forget the protoss observers usefulness...im tryong to decide if im switching or not to bw, can someone convince me?
This is wrong. The fact that more players build detectors early does not mean that those units are useless, it just means u need more micro. Wraiths were never meant to face an army on their own, they are used for strategical strikes on enemy expansions or units. Because of the valkyries u cant only build wraiths and win, u have to mix units and micro more, which is a good thing.
And no observers? How can u win a game without observers? I allways have 10++ observers patrolling the map and in the enemy's base (they cant build turrets EVERYWERE ;P) to see what they are making and counter it.

U rarely see DT rushes anymore, because a good terran will scout it and make detectors. A hidden DT rush however, can be quite frightening. This adds new strategical elements and makes scouting more important. There are many more techs in BW, so scouting is everything.

Overall, BW is a much better game than SC original.

Remiraz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by AKA-47
This is wrong. The fact that more players build detectors early does not mean that those units are useless, it just means u need more micro. Wraiths were never meant to face an army on their own, they are used for strategical strikes on enemy expansions or units. Because of the valkyries u cant only build wraiths and win, u have to mix units and micro more, which is a good thing.
And no observers? How can u win a game without observers? I allways have 10++ observers patrolling the map and in the enemy's base (they cant build turrets EVERYWERE ;P) to see what they are making and counter it.

U rarely see DT rushes anymore, because a good terran will scout it and make detectors. A hidden DT rush however, can be quite frightening. This adds new strategical elements and makes scouting more important. There are many more techs in BW, so scouting is everything.

Overall, BW is a much better game than SC original.

Not to mention that BW also sport counters (a.k.a "Magic Bullets") for strategies which are a little too popular.

Lurker - Gives Zerg a magic bullet against the oh so popular "Million Man Marine March". You used to be rely heavily on Marines/Firebat only for most parts of the game~

Corsair - No more Muta whores! Seriously, Mutalisks aren't as effective as before and are more micro-intensive thanks to these units. They kill overlords too~

Goliath range upgrade - Kills Muta even better and counters Guardians, Carriers, Battlecruisers. Terran used to die a lot to Guardians.

Ultralisk upgrades - Suddenly, people are using Ultralisks again.

Medic - Marines that don't die. Since there are several counters to marines now (ultra, DT, Lurker), this unit makes it less "one-sided". Marines now rapes Muta. Micro wars with Marines vs anything else rages across the lands of BW ever since.

Dark Templar - A thorn in the flesh of Terran players. Perhaps they were afraid that the speedy Marines + medic would screw Toss too much in the early and mid-early game. DT comes out a little bit before SV most of the time so you're almost forced to use Turrets or Mines. Almost made Terran "micro-hell".

Valkyrie - Kills muta as efficiently as Corsair, although Terran has way too much ground to air to be much bothered by this. Gives Terran a much needed boost on Island maps, wraiths don't exactly "roxor" against the likes of Mutas and Scouts.

Devourer - Gives Zerg something to counter Capital Ships with all the anti-mutas thingy around. Devourer + anything kills almost everything thanks to the (9) acid spores. (plus 9 damage!!)

Dark Archon - Owns Zerg. Period. Maelstrom + Psi Storm is INSANE against Zerg. Not to mention that Feedback damages every single Terran air unit other than Valkyrie. Mind Control sucks though kekeke.

Richochet

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lurkers are great...If droped at the right place right time, they can be deadly. I use them often, when in numbers thier splash attack makes them super powered. They work well if you use another unit, like Gaurds to fly in and occupy the opponient while you drop them in thier base, tho a good defense makes it hard to get lurkers in safely. I like droping them behind mineral fields.

manofhonor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How do you use corsairs vs mutas? i tought corsairs were only good for the web and did like 10 damage to units...i guess im wrong.

Remiraz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by manofhonor
How do you use corsairs vs mutas? i tought corsairs were only good for the web and did like 10 damage to units...i guess im wrong.
Corsair owns Mutalisks because of the splash.
4-5 Corsairs will rip through 12 Mutas easily.

But you could micro your mutas so that they wouldn't get affected by the splash...too much effort IMHO I'll just run away and screw the corsairs with scourges or Hydras.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
The corsair is the one reason muta-ling "sucks" vs toss :)

lordson

Member!
Reaction score
Australia, Melbourne Rules Sydney is a hole
you should put about 6 lurkers in your resourse area
thats alot to dedicate to just the resource area
but they save drops form doing too much damge

nobody suspects you to have lurkers there

of course you owuld have anit-air around theere too

and you should put a whold line of about 8 right at the entrance

but you never attack with lurkers
they take way too long digging in

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Lurkers are great! I never use them to attack the enemies front line. Just defending my mineral patches and my front line. To attack with lurkers. I drop about 4 as early as i can in the game. It massacres the peons mining. Your lurks will eventually die if he/she has detectors. Otherwise. You'll have to unburrow & kill more! lol

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Hydras + lurkers are needed when attacking terran or toss.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Lings are useless in mid game vs terran and toss.