Lost

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else on BF watch the Lost series? The last 4 episodes of this season were mind blowing, and the final episode made me want to curl up in the fetal position. Any idea I tend to have where they may be going with the show seems to get shattered every other episode, and I love it.

=== SPOILER ALERT ===

Anyone have any ideas what/who Jacob is? Or the man who convinced Ben to kill him. Personally, I believe the man/being that killed Jacob is also the smoke monster, as well as any person who died and has been seen on the island again, such as Christian Shephard or Ben's daughter... I just can't quite figure out what he is.

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
I watched the first two season. Pretty good, but the plot was getting too crazy for me.

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
Well, the plot just kept getting more and more unbelievable for me. I stopped around the time Jack got sick, and the flashbacks were going to island, back to life in society.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Ah so you've seen at least a bit of season 3. I'm not sure what you mean by unbelievable at that point, nothing got much worse than the monster or Jacob until the latest season. There are a pretty absurd amount of plot twists, but I think J.J. Abrams does a fantastic job of keeping the story revolving around a central ark, while keeping it entirely confusing at the same time.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Jacob is first mentioned just a few episodes in to the series, it's not like it's a radical story twist. And if you had watched on that bit would have been a bit more explained, and would make a whole lot more sense. (i.e., Jacob was not there and nothing supernatural was actually happening at all)

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
Really? I guess I can also admit that it's because I'm a big CBS fan. All my favorite shows are on it.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Can someone sum up what's happened in Lost so far? Too lazy to watch it and i watched bits here and there until season four. Those flashbacks were soooo fucking lame man, talk about boring.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Going into lost, you had two choices. Either you were going to accept the fact the plot was never going to make sense or be revealed, or it was going to be revealed and be really fucking weird. They chose the second option, opting to make a show that had no more mystery, just a fuck ton of bullshit. Between timetravel and mystical beings it is really strange. For how they have handled the crap they built up, they've done an adequate job so far.

I mean the best example i can give is the "smoke monster". When they landed on the island, and the trees shook and shit and a big angry yell came from them it was interesting. But I called it the minute it happened that NO MATTER WHAT THEY DID WITH IT, it was going to be disappointing. I mean, when you saw the "smoke monster", it was a "oh is that it, meh" type moment. That sums up Lost, no matter what they did the build up was just better than the reveal. So they are tasked with making an explanation to whats come before? Timetravel! Oh the island's mysterious others? Jacob!
IT isn't all that satisfying when they finally give you answers, and that is too bad. I like lost, and will continue to watch it, understanding they painted themselves into a corner early on, and have crawled out the window to get out of the room.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
I and the 11 million other viewers who make lost one of the highest rated shows on television completely disagree with you Pan.

Jacob was not created to get out of the corner of creating the "mysterious others," as Jacob was mentioned very early on in season 1. The smoke monster has obvious symbolism to the island, so it hardly should impact the story line that it looks to "meh" for you.

J.J Abrams had a very clear and obvious arc to reveal from the very beginning of the show, and it's sad when people like you try to put it down because you can't grasp that, and think they're just throwing shit together to explain the mysticism in the early seasons. It's entirely the other way around, considering how obvious Abrams plan was from season 1.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I and the 11 million other viewers who make lost one of the highest rated shows on television completely disagree with you Pan.

Jacob was not created to get out of the corner of creating the "mysterious others," as Jacob was mentioned very early on in season 1. The smoke monster has obvious symbolism to the island, so it hardly should impact the story line that it looks to "meh" for you.

J.J Abrams had a very clear and obvious arc to reveal from the very beginning of the show, and it's sad when people like you try to put it down because you can't grasp that, and think they're just throwing shit together to explain the mysticism in the early seasons. It's entirely the other way around, considering how obvious Abrams plan was from season 1.
Ah you again. Interesting reply, too bad it really has nothing to do with anything I said. Do you enjoy trying to be a douche, or is it just to much trouble to make intelligent replies?

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Ah you again. Interesting reply, too bad it really has nothing to do with anything I said. Do you enjoy trying to be a douche, or is it just to much trouble to make intelligent replies?
You missed the point where I wasn't trying to flame you, hence me not targeting any of your points directly. But since you decided to try to start something, note that my post did respond to quite a large bit of what you said, and you're a moron for not noticing it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
You missed the point where I wasn't trying to flame you, hence me not targeting any of your points directly. But since you decided to try to start something, note that my post did respond to quite a large bit of what you said, and you're a moron for not noticing it.
Notice how I never said anything about flaming, you're just being a troll.
You did manage to get one thing right, You weren't commenting on my points, because you seem to have entirely missed the point I was making.

"I and the 11 million other viewers who make lost one of the highest rated shows on television completely disagree with you Pan."

Completely irrelevant to anything that has come before in this thread, and anything I said yet you took the time to mention me. Swing and a miss.

"Jacob was not created to get out of the corner of creating the "mysterious others,""

Of course he wasn't, and notice how I never said that he was. yet you took the time to mention me. Another Swing and a miss.

"The smoke monster has obvious symbolism to the island, so it hardly should impact the story line that it looks to "meh" for you."

Notice how it's place in the story or its "symbolism" is completely irrelevant to how disappointing it's appearance was? yet you took the time to mention me. Again a Swing and a Miss.

"J.J Abrams had a very clear and obvious arc to reveal from the very beginning of the show, and it's sad when people like you try to put it down because you can't grasp that, and think they're just throwing shit together to explain the mysticism in the early seasons. It's entirely the other way around, considering how obvious Abrams plan was from season 1. "

Notice how this has nothing to do with anything I said? Especially since the fans were specifically told that Timetravel wasn't involved early on, yet is now featured heavily. yet you took the time to mention me. Swing. Miss.

No, clearly you weren't specifically responding to me and my post, despite the fact you took the time to bring me up in every single part. Then again you clearly only skimmed it, posted a bunch of crap while specifically mentioning me each time to troll about how wrong I am, then claimed you weren't talking about me when i called you out on your crap.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Lol, what? You're wasting your time Pan.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Lol not really, you're just being incessantly, pitifully hostile.

Limewax

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Did you know that LOST was supposed to be a 3 hour original movie and NOT a TV series....? Thats why I never got in to it