Looking for a lite music player

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
We're not coming to an agreement anytime soon on what's a better music player. I got what I was looking for, thanks for the help guys.
I get that, but what else would you want a player for?

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
It's really just a lot of little things that make me despise using it for anything other than movies, or something that has my full attention.

For one, I'm using an illegal copy of Windows. Thanks to losing my original (Authentic and legal copy of XP) I have to use a cracked copy of Windows, as other SP2 CDs of XP Home don't work with my Product Key anymore. That means I can't update Windows Media Player from 7 to the most current version (I think it's 11). Thus I'm stuck with an older copy of it, as you have to have WGA installed to get WMP11.

You can't hide to the system tray. You either have to minimize to the taskbar, or enable WMP toolbar, which is just annoying, and just takes up more space on my taskbar. Something which is usually full of other programs already. I prefer powerful, but minimalistic programs to get what I want done.

Media Monkey lets you queue stuff you're searching through as either the next song or just add it to the end of your current playlist.

It's a lot of little abstract things that I don't feel WMP does as efficiently, or I haven't learned the equivalent of on WMP, nor am I interested in figuring out at this point.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It's really just a lot of little things that make me despise using it for anything other than movies, or something that has my full attention.

For one, I'm using an illegal copy of Windows. Thanks to losing my original (Authentic and legal copy of XP) I have to use a cracked copy of Windows, as other SP2 CDs of XP Home don't work with my Product Key anymore. That means I can't update Windows Media Player from 7 to the most current version (I think it's 11). Thus I'm stuck with an older copy of it, as you have to have WGA installed to get WMP11.

You can't hide to the system tray. You either have to minimize to the taskbar, or enable WMP toolbar, which is just annoying, and just takes up more space on my taskbar. Something which is usually full of other programs already. I prefer powerful, but minimalistic programs to get what I want done.

Media Monkey lets you queue stuff you're searching through as either the next song or just add it to the end of your current playlist.

It's a lot of little abstract things that I don't feel WMP does as efficiently, or I haven't learned the equivalent of on WMP, nor am I interested in figuring out at this point.
Just suck it up and get vista.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com

demonoid.com search for windows media 11..

thepiratebay.org search for windows media 11..

Download the Dell version of vista it shows up as authentic.

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
VLC. It's the only god damn player that ends up playing FLAC without fiddling around with stupid codecs.
VLC doesn't fully support some FLAC versions, track skipping and such is disabled...

foobar2000 is a great choice for a light media player, plays almost all formats (mp3, aac, ogg, FLAC, APE, WAVPAK, etc), and is fully customizable. Plus it comes with a built in format converter. Win?

Note: Also supports multichannel files and obscure bit depths/sample rates, and can apply DSP to files.