Load Silo (Nuke)

x_Cy_x

Reaction score
I'm currently using the latest version of SCMDraft2. It seems like it's the only editor still being actively maintained that I could find...

Anyway what I'm trying to do is make a trigger that loads a nuke silo for human "Player 1", etc... Basically I'm going to have 12 silo's and I want to make a trigger that will load all 12 without having to go to each and ever one and load it.

The problem I'm having is all I see in the AI scripts is "AI Nuke Here" ( I believe that's what it was ). I don't see anything like "Nuke Train 1" or "Nuke Train 2" that I've read about in previous threads here and on other sites.

Is it possible to do this still?

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
I'm currently using the latest version of SCMDraft2. It seems like it's the only editor still being actively maintained that I could find...

Anyway what I'm trying to do is make a trigger that loads a nuke silo for human "Player 1", etc... Basically I'm going to have 12 silo's and I want to make a trigger that will load all 12 without having to go to each and ever one and load it.

The problem I'm having is all I see in the AI scripts is "AI Nuke Here" ( I believe that's what it was ). I don't see anything like "Nuke Train 1" or "Nuke Train 2" that I've read about in previous threads here and on other sites.

Is it possible to do this still?
As far as I know, it is still possible. I do it all the time. With SCMDraft2, most if not all of the AI scripts are not labeled(ie, it tells you what it does like SC X-tra Editor does).

In X-tra, the AI script you want is "BW Terran 2 - A (Fill Silos with Nuke (Type 1)" and/or "BW Terran 2 - B (Fill Silos with Nuke (Type 2)" for the "run ai at location" trigger. Now as far as I can tell, in SCMD you want to use "Brood Wars Terran 2 - Town A" and/or "Brood Wars Terran 2 - Town B" with the "run ai at location" trigger.

When in doubt, grab another editor and search those triggers. :D

Just so you know(if you don't already), the Fill Silos with Nukes AI script only works on ONE silo at any given location. So you will need to make a location for each silo. Say "Silo 01" to "Silo 12" like I usually do.

Hope that helps dude

x_Cy_x

Reaction score
Ah! That makes sense. I didn't realize that the editors didn't label them.

It seems that Terran 2 A fills 3 silo's at the same time, but at some point ghosts are created on the map. I suppose I could make a trigger clear them once they are crated. I hear the benefit of this script is they nukes create instantly.

Terran 2 B seems to fill all silos that belong to the player, not just one. I hear this one takes time as well as the computer checks resources first... But with my map nukes are free and create instantly, so all silo's fill instantly and at the same time, all with no side effects :).

So it seems Terran 2 B will work for me. I'm just not sure if the script keeps running after... Will have to check that out later.

Thanks for your help! :)

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
Ah! That makes sense. I didn't realize that the editors didn't label them.

It seems that Terran 2 A fills 3 silo's at the same time, but at some point ghosts are created on the map. I suppose I could make a trigger clear them once they are crated. I hear the benefit of this script is they nukes create instantly.

Terran 2 B seems to fill all silos that belong to the player, not just one. I hear this one takes time as well as the computer checks resources first... But with my map nukes are free and create instantly, so all silo's fill instantly and at the same time, all with no side effects :).

So it seems Terran 2 B will work for me. I'm just not sure if the script keeps running after... Will have to check that out later.

Thanks for your help! :)
As long as you have "Preserve trigger" under the Run AI one, it should repeat constantly unless you add a Wait trigger before preserve.

If you test it out and it doesn't repeat like you want it to, upload the map and I can take a look at it and see what I can do for ya.

tappika

Reaction score
Hi, I needed to use this script also, but it doesn't work for me -_-
The Silos wont load. Is this because the AI script has to be on a computer player? I'm using X-tra.
My trigger:
All Players
-Always
--Execute AI script 'BW Terran 2 - B (Fill Silos with Nuke (Type 2))' at 'Nuke 1'
--and so on to 'Nuke 24'
--Preserve Trigger

This didn't work, so I tried giving the Silos to a computer player, running the script, and giving them back, but that didn't work (does it even make sense xD)

So if you're reading this, please help me!

EDIT: I tried setting a player to computer, and it works for the computer player.
I've having a hard time loading a human player's Silos.

Oh, and also, my Nuclear Silo is independent (meaning that it works without a Command Center). Does that change anything? (I really don't think so).

Oh wait, borrowing the Silos to a computer might work. Testing it now...

Nope, it that doesn't work. It didn't make any sense anyways.
Omgn...help me!!!

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
Hi, I needed to use this script also, but it doesn't work for me -_-
The Silos wont load. Is this because the AI script has to be on a computer player? I'm using X-tra.
My trigger:
All Players
-Always
--Execute AI script 'BW Terran 2 - B (Fill Silos with Nuke (Type 2))' at 'Nuke 1'
--and so on to 'Nuke 24'
--Preserve Trigger

This didn't work, so I tried giving the Silos to a computer player, running the script, and giving them back, but that didn't work (does it even make sense xD)

So if you're reading this, please help me!

EDIT: I tried setting a player to computer, and it works for the computer player.
I've having a hard time loading a human player's Silos.

Oh, and also, my Nuclear Silo is independent (meaning that it works without a Command Center). Does that change anything? (I really don't think so).

Oh wait, borrowing the Silos to a computer might work. Testing it now...

Nope, it that doesn't work. It didn't make any sense anyways.
Omgn...help me!!!
First, double posting(not to mention quad posting) is bad dude. There is an Edit button for a reason.

Now, almost all of the AI scripts do NOT work for Human players. The only ones that will work for a Human player is Load Bunker and Load Transport.

Now, I'm going to explain the Load Silo Triggers, but first you need to download and use SCMDraft 2 0.8.0(<- click that, download 0.8.0, unzip, run it, use it) from now on. X-tra and all other editors are crap.

Okay, first things first. Each Silo you have needs to be attached to a Command Center or you will not get the desired outcome. Next you need to make damn sure the CPU has the resources needed to build the Nukes, minerals/gas/supply. Last you need to make damn sure the CPU's race is set to Terran or the AI script will not work. You need the following trigger...

Code:
[B]Players:[/B]
Player 1 (or whatever CPU owns the Silos)
[B]Conditions:[/B]
[COLOR="Blue"][U]Player 1[/U][/COLOR] brings [COLOR="Blue"][U]at most[/U][/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"][U]0[/U][/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"][U]Nuclear Missile[/U][/COLOR] to '[COLOR="Blue"][U]Load Silo 1[/U][/COLOR]'.
[B]Actions:[/B]
Execute AI script '[COLOR="Blue"][U]Brood Wars Terran 2 - Town B[/U][/COLOR]' at '[COLOR="Blue"][U]Load Silo 1[/U][/COLOR]'.
Preserve trigger.
You then need to copy that trigger and change the Locations for each Silo location you have made. Or you simply cover all Silos with one location and change the "at most 0" to "at most 23".

As long as the CPU has the resources and supply to build the nukes, he will build them over and over again. I assume since your locations end at 24, you have 24 silos, 24x8=192 Supply needed. So as long as the CPU doesn't control any other units(except for Hero units), he will build the nukes as long as he has a full 200 Supply. So 24x10=240, so you have all the supply you need with the 24 Command Centers.

tappika

Reaction score
Well, the first person who posted mentioned auto nukes for human players. Is there any way that you know how the comp can run a script and do it for the player? That's the whole reason I'm asking here. I have no problem with computer players.

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
Well, the first person who posted mentioned auto nukes for human players. Is there any way that you know how the comp can run a script and do it for the player? That's the whole reason I'm asking here. I have no problem with computer players.
Now, almost all of the AI scripts do NOT work for Human players. The only ones that will work for a Human player is Load Bunker and Load Transport.
^^^Read That^^^

There is only one way for the script to work. It has be be used by the COMPUTER. It is the way StarCraft works my friend.

I've done up a quick help map.

Look at the triggers, that is what you need to do.

There Is No Other Way To Do It

tappika

Reaction score
ty man! now i've got it. You have to give all nuclear missiles too. as for the ghost having to move there, couldn't you just use the Always condition? Or does that indefinitely take over all the other triggers? anyways could i use
P: Neutral (P12) (or some other computer)
C: Always
A: Order Ghost to 'Take Over Silo'
Now wouldn't that work?

x_debaser

Reaction score
For anyone having ai problems such as this,

Basically, its my understanding that the brood wars ai scripts correspond to the ai scripts in the single player missions, I believe they are corresponding to level (? if someone could verify this that'd be good)

FOR EXAMPLE: the scripts in question, terrran 2 town a/b

im pretty sure the number after terran represents the level number of the campaign, which I think it still might, with exceptions.

if you look at the second mission for terrans, its the shipyards one where you have nuke silos that if I remember correctly come pre-loaded so you cant make a million nukes (resource restrictions i think)

that would be the "town 2" script which is basically (load silos with nukes at (location)).

town a though, is from the ground zero mission where the ai coninuously nukes the player (this is why it creates ghosts at random areas of the map)

so with a few exceptions, if you look for the script you need by analyzing the single player missions, you should be able to find it that way.

EDIT: okay I got one that works:
I have 6 silos in a lurker defence map to act as a sort of "last resort" defence :) czeck it:

important stuff: make sure that the ghost has the ability to strike and that computer player has the resources and supply to create nukes (supply required is ALWAYS 8 psi)

Code:
PLAYER: 
   -7  (computer set to ally to player in seperate trigger)
CONDITIONS: 
   -always
ACTIONS: 
   -Modify resources for player 7: Set to 6 ore
   -Preserve Trigger

PLAYER:
CONDITIONS: 
   -always
ACTIONS: 
   -Run AI Script 'Brood Wars Terran 2 Town B' at 'NUKE SILO 1'(siloloc)
   -Preserve Trigger

PLAYER: 
CCONDITIONS: 
   -Player 1 brings exactly 1 Terran Civilian to 'BOOM' (beacon)
ACTIONS: 
   -Create 1 Terran Ghost at 'Ghost 1' for Player 7. Apply PROPERTIES:
                                                        Invincible / Cloaked / Hangar: 1
   -Wait 1000 Milliseconds (1 second, take a grace period for the trigger to activate right)
   -Run AI Script 'AI NUKE HERE' at 'NUKE TARGET 1'
Beauty of it is that since there arent any detectors and Player 7 is not sharing vision with Player 1 or vise versa, all you see is the red dot and the explosion :)

Hope this helps. It looks freakin sweet when it works.