Little Tips, Tricks, and Facts of Warcraft 3

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Feel free to add any little tidbit of info that you know for WC3. I'll start:

1) Did you know that the Dreadlords Aura, Vampiric Aura, is the only aura that lets the Undead heal normally off the Blight?!

2) If you're playing the Nigh Elf, use one of your Wisps to find the enemy, and if his Hero is out, Detonate your Wisp and he'll loose 100 of his Mana!

That's all I know for now, I'll add more later!

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
did u know by buying a scroll of protection and activate it, the dryads will dispell that first instead of healing wards, trapp or bloodlust ?

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
that vamp aura only works for melee units. *hate that*
that kotg aura is very usefull against ghoul.
against ud that goes skelleton that detonating wisps kill all skeletons in explosion sight.

XpliCiT[LoA]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.goatse.cx
Originally posted by Zaku
Did You know Detonate and Dispel works on removing blight!
did you know youre wrong? a lot of peopel thought this, and when i tried it, nothing happend :'(

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it wont work if there is a ziggurat or ud building that creates blight near. but if there is a destroyed ud expand u can detonate blight away. not that it matters cause with a building u vanish it 2

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Did you know that the Dreadlords Aura, Vampiric Aura, is the only aura that lets the Undead heal normally off the Blight?!
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Unholy Aura does heals them too, without needing the units to be involved in combat.

The way Unholy Aura works is it takes the unit's BASE regeneration speed (0.5 for all units) and then heals them by multiplying the regen bonus of Unholy aura. So at level 1, Unholy Aura gives, let's say a Ghoul, 0.5 HP per second, cuz of the 100% regen boost. At level 2, 1 HP per sec, cuz of 200%, and at level 3, 1.5 HP per sec, cuz of 300%.

Undead heroes, especially the Death Knight, who has rather high Strength, regenerate LIKE MAD, since they're not stuck with crappy regeneration like the units. :rofl2

Blight offers Undead troops roughly 200% faster regeneration speed. So they get 1 HP per second on Blight. Throw in a level 3 Unholy Aura. Ouch. Now think about it for heroes. Double ouch.

All this without so much as lifting a finger. Just for being on the Death Knight's team.

that kotg aura is very usefull against ghoul.
On the contrary, it's useless. It used to be much better when it wasn't percentage based, because it dealt out damage by numbers. Ghouls rely on their attack speed, not their actual damage, so the damage they receive back from Thorns is quite nil. Nothing they can't take.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
CAnnibalize when combines with the auras and blight gives mad regenration. I give another use for corpses and UD.

what else... ill get back to this.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, now to stop being a smartass and toss in one of my own "Did you knows." :rofl2

Did you know, in terms of damage to units and heroes, Death Coil actually can deal more damage than Storm Bolt, which is arguably the best hero killing spell in the game? (Death Coil has a 5 second cooldown. Storm Bolt has an 8 second cooldown. You do the math.)

Did you know the Death Knight is left-handed? This supposedly comes from the Latin word "sinister" meaning "left-handed," but in the English language, sinister has negative connotations, usually dealing with evil. Well now, guess what the Death Knight is? ;)

Did you know the design on the Demon Hunter's blades was actually different? They changed it though, cuz there were people who bitched that it looked like a swastika. I dunno where they got that silly idea, it hardly looks like a swastika, and it looks very cool. You can see it if you select Night Elf and enter a game. The loading screen will show you the Demon Hunter and the design on his blade.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score

If you look, i cricled the "Panda head" on the DH. Not everyone can see it, but I believe you can see it during a game, if the DH isn't doing much.

Here is another interesting one, there are threee things in this pic. First is circled in black, another panda. Blizzards mascot.
Circled in red was the former assassin and what is a sentinel still in the world editor.

I know somewhere in the picture above is a hydralisk from SC. I saw it b4, but can't find it now.

What you see here is the remnants of an original Orc hero. A shaman is what it is now, but originaly, this was a hero and it was not a white shaman, it had brown like in this picture. This is a pre warcraft pic.

Biske

Reaction score
I don't know bout you guys, but the Demon Hunters Blade, with that little doodad on it, looks like a sad puppy dog face!

Biske

Reaction score
Next time, how bout contributing to the thread?

Zaku

Reaction score
I circled in blue where the hydralisk is. But in that piture you cant see it as well. I can see it cuz, i have that poster in my room... and its much much bigger.

EDIT: The hydralisk is cuted off.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I knew it was there, cause it told me at the bac of the "art of warcraft III" book i got with the collectors edition

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i only see a light mark, a skelleton and a sword :|
edit: and a new. goblin sappers are very strong for their strenght. 500 damage to buildings just count.
if there are no towers in enemys base and units are out creeping send 3 sapper and u can destroy the town hall for about 800 gold only!

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Blizzard published a book, I think, on all the races and strategies, and all the funny things are highlighted. Can't remember them all, though.

Zaku

Reaction score
The hydralish is cutted off in that picture. I have that poster in my room and i can see it better, and its not croped.