Left 4 Dead

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
In short, get it. Now.

I just finished downloading it (Crikey, 6 bloody long hours!) through Steam and damn, does this game kick ass!

I tried single-player but your buddies only move when you do and i had no idea where to go plus i was scared so i went online and joined a random game. It was intense to say the least! I think half the time i was shooting my own guys, my ping wasn't that great but i wasn't a weak link or anything. We played the first campaign-level-thingy where you start atop the apartments, and it's really long! Took 1 hour and 9 minutes, albeit we did kinda fart-ass around for a little while but it was still long.

Seriously this game keeps you on your toes, and certainly makes you work on your aiming (Is there friendly fire? Because i shotgunned many a friend). Not much for weapon choices but i think they're going for realism here (Which works, mind you).

Get this game!!!

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
It took you over an hour to beat the first level? Shit I went through the 2 level demo in like 20 minutes.

Play it on the hardest difficulty or it's not worth it.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Well by level i mean chapter. Start on the apartment building and end up taking a chopper on top of the hospital. So like... four or five safe rooms worth of levels.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Oh, gotcha.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Sean (coRtALoS) and i played it today. My ping isn't that great but it's certainly playable. If anyone else has it on PC, let me know!

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
I downloaded the demo, but by the time i got around to playing, it was unplayable. fucking steam releases a demo for 2 days? whatevvv -1 potential buyer.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Played it 4 player on co-op. My roommates are 2/4ths retarded (only two of us are good) so the me and my good roommate have a hard time through reviving people and shit.

Otherwise, if I would clone myself and have 3 of my play with myself, it owuld be te best game. It is pretty sweet. I only wish the levels were more randomized, as much as the encounters.

plus don't think it is long enough. But that is me the real gamer, vs. me the casual gamer talking.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Hopefully I'll be picking it soon, along with Fallout 3. I've been waiting a long time to play it!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Funny thing, i was on Dead Air and on the rooftops just after you lower the crane and alert the horde, and on another rooftop that you can't access was a Tank who was having a seriously problem getting on top of it. I shot it once with my sub-machine gun and he fell to his death.

Poor guy.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
Played it 4 player on co-op. My roommates are 2/4ths retarded (only two of us are good) so the me and my good roommate have a hard time through reviving people and shit.

Otherwise, if I would clone myself and have 3 of my play with myself, it owuld be te best game. It is pretty sweet. I only wish the levels were more randomized, as much as the encounters.

plus don't think it is long enough. But that is me the real gamer, vs. me the casual gamer talking.
word on the street is they made the maps that way intentionally, saying they wanted every map the be what de_dust was for cs

Aneeklive

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I won't buy L4D2 unless it goes on sale (like for Christmas or something). I'm glad most of you can slap down 50 bucks whenever a new game comes out but the rest of us see through this marketing gimmick. Take a popular title, throw game in a new setting, add a couple news weapons and models, and BOOM, an expansion pack that passes of for a new game. These game publishers and developers aren't in it anymore for the GAMER, they're in it for the CONSUMER. This is the case with EA Games and is becoming the case with Valve. It's alllll about $$$$$$

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Of course it's about money, they run a business. And i couldn't care less, i'm still going to get L4D2. I'm not one of those queers who think "boycotting" it is going to make a difference.

greatermushasi

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
i play this game..
at the first time i'm feeling weird..
because we can find that zombie can run..
with high speed
:D

hombrez

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
is it really that good?

i played a bit at an internet cafe, i didnt think the gfx were that captivating, and the gameplay was alright, mayb i wasnt doing anything getting hyped up for. wat should i do if i actually play it again?

RG_PankO

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I played the free demo on Steam but didnt get so addicted :X
Played for ... maybe 2 hours and get sick of it :&

chair

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
love the game also, co-op online is best with friends! :D

atm.wu

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
one of my friends is trying to get me into it. im not a fan of 1-player games, and co-op, to me, is pushing the 1-player borders haha, anyone wanna convince me otherwise?