Least used SC Spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Oh phoenix I'd like to see you dodge EMP in the midst of a battle.
And thanks for calling me a newb.

I've only seen yamato a few times... that one requires lots of energy and is only useful verse specific targets... which late in the game isn't all too important

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NOBODY GETS EMP(you just don't seem to get that) so I couldn't upload a rep even if I wanted to. I've got an idea. Play me on east and we'll see how good EMP is.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I agree, EMP is kinda useless

Yamato is used all the time in TvT

Broodling is a waste of time and resources

flare queens...lol....hardly anyone gets queens in ZvT, and nobody resarches flare against zerg because there is no point in blinding anything..its not like ur going to go many cloaked wraiths or anything...

Restore plague....errr....allllright......... good luck with that....

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Alura said:

EMP is effective in TvP. You can't avoid that fact, one way or other other. So don't try.
No it isn't....trust me...why in the world would u need EMP against protoss....what do you think vultures are for....SHIELDBREAKERS!! Futhermore, u get 3 mines with each vulture...way better than vessels and EMP

and teching up to vessel and researching EMP is a waste of resources...i rather spend 225 gas on 2 tanks than 1 vessel.

xXLordSlippyXx

Member!
Reaction score
It just slipped my mind....whats that skill that the Science Vessel has, it kills organic units....really effective on lurks and lings..?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Irradiate, and for the record, it isn't effective on Zerglings at all, because irradiate is most effective when it is used on a unit with a good level of HP (For example, a Hydralisk) that is bunched up with other Hydralisks, use it on one in the middle, and you'll hit another 5 or 6 and possibly kill a few more than the one you irradiated.

Using irradiate isn't effective on Zerglings because of their low HP, why kill a 35hp unit with a spell? You've got units to do those jobs, besides, as a melee unit, the irradiate on the Ling could come back and bite you in the ass.

Irradiate is most effective in Overlord hunting, peon killing and Lurk killing, in my opinion anyway.

PUMPKINHEAD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Phoenix2003 said:
NOBODY GETS EMP(you just don't seem to get that) so I couldn't upload a rep even if I wanted to. I've got an idea. Play me on east and we'll see how good EMP is.
I don't think it will work at all, because you know that he will you emp in the game, and you will be prepared for it and that makes this practise lame and stupid :)

Renzokuken said:
Irradiate, and for the record, it isn't effective on Zerglings at all, because irradiate is most effective when it is used on a unit with a good level of HP (For example, a Hydralisk) that is bunched up with other Hydralisks, use it on one in the middle, and you'll hit another 5 or 6 and possibly kill a few more than the one you irradiated.

Using irradiate isn't effective on Zerglings because of their low HP, why kill a 35hp unit with a spell? You've got units to do those jobs, besides, as a melee unit, the irradiate on the Ling could come back and bite you in the ass.

Irradiate is most effective in Overlord hunting, peon killing and Lurk killing, in my opinion anyway.
you can use irradiate on your "own" sience vessls and fly around zerglings or overlords or workers or whatever^^ thats also 1 fine way

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PUMPKINHEAD said:
I don't think it will work at all, because you know that he will you emp in the game, and you will be prepared for it and that makes this practise lame and stupid.
If EMP is as good as he say it is, then it shouldn't matter.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
I never said it was good enough NOT to dodge especially when you are exspecting it. DONT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH

I dont think I have EVER seen hallucination in a normal game, I think thats my vote

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Tiger_shark said:
No it isn't....trust me...why in the world would u need EMP against protoss....what do you think vultures are for....SHIELDBREAKERS!! Futhermore, u get 3 mines with each vulture...way better than vessels and EMP

and teching up to vessel and researching EMP is a waste of resources...i rather spend 225 gas on 2 tanks than 1 vessel.

Vultutres do good damage to shields. EMP Drains ALL shields. How are you going to tell me It's better? Vultures early game yes, but late game, EMP > Vultures I think.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well you must admit that a sci vessal moves very slow and a good protoss player would see that and would destroy it or move away from it.

BUT emp is better than vultures is that it drains shield AND energy.so think about it 5 ht are coming to storm the place, you emp them, they lose shielding and ability to storm.

i remember watching this one replay, a protoss player was trying to recall his army into a terran base, the terran player saw that EMPed it and stopped it cold

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Heck, I'd split & move to the strategy forums, but you are discussin if EMP is or is not the least used. In my opinion, it is not, but it isn't used that often either... It's just not necessery to upgrade, and kinda hard to use (if you vs someone decent enough ;)).

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
IMHO, it would be Mind Control :).

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
And to think this all started because I said EMP is underused/underpowered. It's true whether YOU want to accept that or not. You can post that it drains shields all you want. That's not the point. I know that it drains shields. You act as if I'm just some clueless newbie. Face me in a game(to the people defending EMP) is the only real way to end this once and for all. Sure, you can beat some incompetent with it. Let's see how you do against someone who's even half-decent. All you're doing is saying things I already know and I gave you my explantions as to why I said what I said, but if you're gonna repeat the same thing over and over and over........................................

EMP sucks and is which is why it's underused. ACCEPT IT, dammit.(so I can get on with my life)

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Hallucination or ensnare fo sho, countless applicable uses, none of them applied.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I guess EMP could be used in narrow chokes or ramps where the Protoss are all bunched up.

But you are all still forgetting that it drains their mana as well, so if you see alot of spellcasters from any race, EMP them and they are useless. In a sense, you could say that EMP is as effective as Feedback but EMP costs more because it also drains shields.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
feedback > EMP.
It's instant and has longer range. A nice way to PREVENT EMP. hmmmmm ;)

Biske

Reaction score
What about the Medics uses? I haven't seen many people use the Optical Flare in a while.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It's good versus early drop, except for rines and other small units, but, well, no one does it that soon, true...

Status
Not open for further replies.