Latency fix for Windows

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Haven't tried this yet, but sort of posting this for my own benefit, as well as others that may not have heard of this:

Reduce game network latency in Windows 7 or Vista Life & Code

From a command prompt (usually in All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt) run “regeditâ€; or "Windows Key"+"R" and type "regedit" -> hit enter

Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

Browse the items under interfaces until you find one that has an IPAddress entry matching the network interface you want to affect (typically LAN IP addresses start with 192.168 or 10.0); note that if your IP address is automatically assigned by a DHCP server you may need to look for a matching DhcpIPAddress instead of IPAddress

Right-click on the interface and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, name it “TcpAckFrequencyâ€

Right-click the new TcpAckFrequency value and select Modify, enter “1″ (Hexadecimal radio button should be selected)

Right-click on the interface and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, name it “TCPNoDelay†(note that TCP is all uppercase this time – that’s intentional)

Right-click the new TCPNoDelay value and select Modify, enter “1″ (Hexadecimal radio button should be selected)

Verify that both TcpAckFrequency and TCPNoDelay now show up in the adapter’s property list with types REG_DWORD and values 0×00000001

Exit regedit and reboot (reboot is necessary for the changes to take effect!)

Play a game and enjoy your new low ping

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I heard as long as you use the fix for Windows XP with your Windows 7/Vista Operating System, it works great. If you use the section from that link specifically for Vista/7, it won't reduce it as much.

It was posted by a guy on the forums from Australia, who saw his average latency on Silvermoon drop by around 150-200ms.

Shame my main computer back at the guest house isn't a windows box or I'd try it myself. :(

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
it works for me (vista user)

my pings before = 150~200
my pings now = 30~40

awesome =)

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Tried it out, had 147 Ping, down to 63, that's a nice improvement.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It does work on Windows XP, I'm fairly certain I had posted this before :s

But then again it was years ago, I think, so it was probably deleted with rollbacks or whatnot xd

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I used it. Ping dropped by roughly 100, so i'm at 200-300 instead of 300-400 now lol.

Reaxe

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I've seen it before, kinda works but still meh... mmo's were meant to be laggy :p