Ladder or Custom? That is the question

Ladder or Custom?

• Ladder, time to go level 40

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Custom Games, whats the site for DOTA again?

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Bit of Both.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • I dont play Warcraft, SC/WoW/D2 rules!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

XDxxTX

Member!
Reaction score
I started on Frozen Throne playing 3v3 ladder games then got on a losing streak and decide to have 1 game of Dota 2 hours later... hmm another Dota sounds good... and now im addicted to Dota but i want to lvl more but i just want to play Dota, see im addicted. Im only lvl 11 and my mates are all in the 20's now :(

I was lvl 16 on RoC before i discovered my first version of dota i ever played :D dota 3.7 then as i was on yet another losing streak i got addicted to that and lost lvls to like lvl 12 then finally played Frozen Throne.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
FF is better then a lot of other frenzy themed maps out there though. ;)
We shall see about that....

Darkmatter said:
RT is tough...
Depends on the mode, if you actually micro in 4on4, yuo can win no matter what. As you start losing players to 1on1, the micro gets harder, the use of units becomes more important and you need to implement strategy more effectively.

The only reason I ever lose now is because of either 2 things. Either I can't recooperate from hero nukes or failed attacks or my teammate is an idiot. But I don't play for profession, I play for the fun of the game, but I would like to win.

Durr

Member!
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
The only reason I ever lose now is because of either 2 things. Either I can't recooperate from hero nukes or failed attacks or my teammate is an idiot. But I don't play for profession, I play for the fun of the game, but I would like to win.
You listed 3 things :-/

I only play 3v3 right now. The only problem I have is when I get gang raped in my base and my allies dont help me or I go against mass caster.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Recooperating from failed attacks or hero nukes are practically under the same category. Buddy, the trick to 3on3 is not to rely on your teammates. Just harass alone and try to find someone who is teching. Then tell your teammates what's going on and force them to follow you. If they don't, then they are idiots and don't deserve to play.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
But making up for it in wins is worthwhile.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I play Custom, only because I suck hard at resource management. I was a god when it came to SC's money maps. But uh, when it actually takes strategy and such, then it's a no go.

Orky

Makin it orky
Reaction score
I play ladder. I never really got into the custom thing.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Like it matters said:
I play Custom, only because I suck hard at resource management. I was a god when it came to SC's money maps. But uh, when it actually takes strategy and such, then it's a no go.
Heh same here. Only I don't spend enough in WC (thats what people tell me...) and that leads to my downfall. :eek:

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, you play customs like footmen frenzy often. So you do have your "warcraft moments".