Kodo???

not_a_poster

Member!
Reaction score
does any1 even use one of these? Are they worth they're cost? Should i upgrade wardrums???!?

they die to fast imo

FeRN@n2

Member!
Reaction score
You cant use kodos in the same way you use grunts or raiders, at least I've never seen them massed, the standard use for them is just have 1 or maybe 2 kodos to go in battle, eat someone and go back. Their aura is also helpful. You can use them in any army, because their main use is empower it. But i think they are not a must...

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I use them if I can spare the gold for it. They provide a mean contribution if you have the TC AURA @ LVL 3. But not a must by any means.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Kodo is the most badass thing you should have in your army. First off, he has 1000 life.. so he can take a beating. Second, he jacks off an aura that enhances the damage of all nearby allied and player controlled units. Great for adding a little punch to your attacks. Best of all, he can eat a target and incapacitate it.

You should always upgrade the wardrums. More damage = more easier times in battle. Unless you lose to micro or unit lacks.

As for massing kodos. I have one replay where we won using morts and kodos vs 2 teams of orc. Hilarious shit it was, I had bearads and my tinker was like level 6+. Kodos are more useful for eating t3 melee then they are the other units. Since piercing kills it, so does siege and casters would just incapacitate it.

If you want to save your units, either kill the kodo or possess/charm it. The cargo will be released and you can eat something else.

Drkpsycho13666

Member!
Reaction score
Kodos are ok, but not widely used, at all i havent played not one singe game where an orc player uses them. But if your getting ground melee, one or two wouldnt hurt. And about eating your targets, never go eat something where its on the otherside of the screen, kodos walk very slow, and have to be in melee range to consume. So itll prolly die before he gets to that enemie unit.