Kingdom Hearts 2!

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Roxas is technically dead. Something like that.

You have to do all the worlds twice (except Timeless River), but the second half is just kinda "go here, beat the shit outta some stuff, nothing with the storyline, go to next world"

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
SouLeSS said:
The "special ending" is more or less something happening in the future, or maybe the past. Depends on how you look at it.

It doesn't actually have anything to do directly with any of the chars in KH1 CoM or 2.
I think it's more or less future, and that's what is bugging me I goot know what is going on. NOW! Grrrr.

005 said:
ok. well i just beat that water guy. how far is that into the story? it seems quite far but i havnt done nb4c or the lion king one yet.

also. ive only got to use roxas like once at the begining. do you get to use him again?
You sir are about 1/3 of the way into the story line. You have the rest of the first half, (which you are about half way threw) and the whole second half when you really find out what is going on.

I wont say what is going on with Roxos, since that is a deep part of the story and I don't want to spoil anything for you and anyone else reading. Just to say no, you will not play as Roxox again.

I would advise you to lvl up some depending on your lvl, because the shit will hit the fan (Shut up Souless ... don't say anything :p ) so to speak. Since you are going to Pride Rock (which you should have fun there) take some time to lvl up there. Not sure of this, but check on top of the rock peak, their might be alot of darkness up there to lvl. If they are not, I know they are their in the second half. Unfortunitly you cant change forms.

Oh, and Roxos is NOT dead. You will see what Souless means.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Psh. Theres no real need to level in that game. I ended it on Proud at lvl 67, beat Sephiroth at like 64. :-/

Auron

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pale_Horse said:
Who played and beat the KH on GBA? What was the storyline to that? I'm trying to make some sence out of the perfect ending.
Here is the storyline to CoM:
The story of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories takes place directly after the ending of the first installment, Kingdom Hearts. We find Sora, his two friends Donald Duck and Goofy, as well as Jiminy Cricket, walking down a seemingly never-ending path, when suddenly a mysterious man dressed in a black hooded trenchcoat tells Sora, "Ahead lies something you need. But to claim it, you must lose something dear." As they continue down the path, Sora and his companions find a massive fortress called Castle Oblivion. When they enter, they find the mysterious figure.

When Sora and his companions attempt to engage the figure, they find that their abilities seem to have no effect. The figure then explains that at the moment our heroes entered the castle, they forgot every ability they had previously known. This figure continues by creating a deck of cards made from Sora and his friends' memories, and tells them that everything they encounter in this castle will be based on their memories. But the higher they go, the more memories they lose in the process.

Meanwhile, floors below, Riku has somehow managed to return from the World of Darkness and fights his own inner demons as he battles upward from the basement levels of Castle Oblivion. But neither he nor Sora are aware that they are being targeted by a mysterious group called the Organization.

As Sora ascends the castle, he battles Larxene, a member of the Organization. After battling her, he remembers the name of a former friend of his that he forgot: Naminé. He learns that she is being held in the castle, and ascends the castle, clashing with a clone of Riku that believes itself to be the original. After watching the death of Vexen, another Organization member, Sora learns from Naminé herself that the hooded figure he met earlier is named Marluxia, and is in fact manipulating both of them into being his servants. He also learned that everything he remembered about Namine was fake, planted in his memory by her. Namine was never on the islands, but the only thing Sora can remember is her. Forming an alliance with the Riku clone, they fought to the top of the castle and defeated Marluxia. Sora then bid farewell to the Riku clone, who left to find the truth to his existence. Naminé then puts Sora to an unnatural sleep to help him regain the memories he lost in the castle, even though he would forget about the events that transpired in the castle.

Meanwhile, as Sora was fighting his way through the castle, Riku began destroying dark beings he met in the depths of the castle in an attempt to rid himself of darkness. Ansem, who took over Riku's body in the previous game, attempted to gain control of Riku again, but was continually thwarted with the intervention of Mickey Mouse. On the way, Riku battled Vexen, his own clone, and another Organization member named Lexaues. Riku then used his dark abilities and noticed that Marluxia had been killed. He was confronted by Zexion, a manipulative Organization member, but embraced his darkness and overcame him. Arriving in Twilight Town, Riku learned that the 'Ansem' who had goaded him earlier was in fact DiZ, an enigmatic man who seemed interested in Riku. DiZ sent Riku to speak with Naminé, but a new foe blocked his way: the clone. After killing the replica in a fierce battle, Riku learned from Naminé that what remained of the real Ansem lived in the bowels of his heart. Riku chose to face him, and after affirming this with DiZ, the odd man loosed Ansem from Riku's heart for him to battle. After successfully defeating Ansem, Riku learned that as long as he had darkness at his command, Ansem would reside within him. He set out on a quest to keep his darkness but remain his own master with King Mickey as his companion.

Credits to Wikipedia.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Auron said:
Here is the storyline to CoM:
The story of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories takes place directly after the ending of the first installment, Kingdom Hearts. We find Sora, his two friends Donald Duck and Goofy, as well as Jiminy Cricket, walking down a seemingly never-ending path, when suddenly a mysterious man dressed in a black hooded trenchcoat tells Sora, "Ahead lies something you need. But to claim it, you must lose something dear." As they continue down the path, Sora and his companions find a massive fortress called Castle Oblivion. When they enter, they find the mysterious figure.

When Sora and his companions attempt to engage the figure, they find that their abilities seem to have no effect. The figure then explains that at the moment our heroes entered the castle, they forgot every ability they had previously known. This figure continues by creating a deck of cards made from Sora and his friends' memories, and tells them that everything they encounter in this castle will be based on their memories. But the higher they go, the more memories they lose in the process.

Meanwhile, floors below, Riku has somehow managed to return from the World of Darkness and fights his own inner demons as he battles upward from the basement levels of Castle Oblivion. But neither he nor Sora are aware that they are being targeted by a mysterious group called the Organization.

As Sora ascends the castle, he battles Larxene, a member of the Organization. After battling her, he remembers the name of a former friend of his that he forgot: Naminé. He learns that she is being held in the castle, and ascends the castle, clashing with a clone of Riku that believes itself to be the original. After watching the death of Vexen, another Organization member, Sora learns from Naminé herself that the hooded figure he met earlier is named Marluxia, and is in fact manipulating both of them into being his servants. He also learned that everything he remembered about Namine was fake, planted in his memory by her. Namine was never on the islands, but the only thing Sora can remember is her. Forming an alliance with the Riku clone, they fought to the top of the castle and defeated Marluxia. Sora then bid farewell to the Riku clone, who left to find the truth to his existence. Naminé then puts Sora to an unnatural sleep to help him regain the memories he lost in the castle, even though he would forget about the events that transpired in the castle.

Meanwhile, as Sora was fighting his way through the castle, Riku began destroying dark beings he met in the depths of the castle in an attempt to rid himself of darkness. Ansem, who took over Riku's body in the previous game, attempted to gain control of Riku again, but was continually thwarted with the intervention of Mickey Mouse. On the way, Riku battled Vexen, his own clone, and another Organization member named Lexaues. Riku then used his dark abilities and noticed that Marluxia had been killed. He was confronted by Zexion, a manipulative Organization member, but embraced his darkness and overcame him. Arriving in Twilight Town, Riku learned that the 'Ansem' who had goaded him earlier was in fact DiZ, an enigmatic man who seemed interested in Riku. DiZ sent Riku to speak with Naminé, but a new foe blocked his way: the clone. After killing the replica in a fierce battle, Riku learned from Naminé that what remained of the real Ansem lived in the bowels of his heart. Riku chose to face him, and after affirming this with DiZ, the odd man loosed Ansem from Riku's heart for him to battle. After successfully defeating Ansem, Riku learned that as long as he had darkness at his command, Ansem would reside within him. He set out on a quest to keep his darkness but remain his own master with King Mickey as his companion.

Credits to Wikipedia.
First off thanks for that. Sounds like Chain of memories was more or less a game revolving around Riku more.
that explains the whole opening sequence while the song was going, but not the perfect ending. Grrrr
Guess I'll have to wait another 5 years to find out about that one.

Psh. Theres no real need to level in that game. I ended it on Proud at lvl 67, beat Sephiroth at like 64.
Maybe not for you, but it would be smart for someone to do. All about how your playing ability is. I tryed Sephoroth at 70ish and got wompped, I finally got em about 81 I believe. He is drastically easier then KH1 was. That I had to wait till I was 93 I think.

I still think they were slacking on this game just a bit. Like I said before, the worlds they visited in the first one they wore outfits to fit the enviornment, but in this one you had Pirates of the Carribian, Beauty & the Beast, ect where they were not dressed for the area. Yea they didn't have one for Aladdin in the first one, but what were they gonna do make em wear a turban? That I can understand, but why no pirite suit, but have one for holloween town? Secondly WTH is donald a bird, Sora a tiger or whatever, and Goofy a turtle? You could have easily had a wolf with a shield on it's back, especially if donald has a wand in his mouth. Don't mind me bitching, just some flaws I noticed, or think they are at least.

All in all fantastic game! Storyline, gameplay, new features, fighting ... all of it. Definitly worth getting and playing. I'm now off to play The Godfather ... laters.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
The Godfather is garbage. Like, hardcore garbage.

Also, I don't see how anyone would need to actually level to beat the game. I mean, I kinda did at one point, but thats just cause I got bored and was ****ing around with the Magnet spell, and the Wisdom form.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
SouLeSS said:
The Godfather is garbage. Like, hardcore garbage.

Also, I don't see how anyone would need to actually level to beat the game. I mean, I kinda did at one point, but thats just cause I got bored and was ****ing around with the Magnet spell, and the Wisdom form.
I didn't use the wisdom form much, in fact I think I used it 2 times. Once to see what it was about, and the other was around the ending. I don't use the magic unless I have to. Besides, Donald does all the magic needed. So I just did Valor form, and meleed, while Donald casted. Worked well for me.

I lvled up extremely, thinking that I needed the lvl 99 to get the perfect. Shows what I know.

As for the Godfather game, it is alot like GTA, only set in the 30's. Some interesting new features.

EDIT: OMFG! I rebeat the ending to make more sence out of the perfect ending, and I think I figured it out.
Every person has a light, and dark half. Which is your heartless, and your Nobody. Since Riku was consumed by the darkness, Sora was turned into a heartless in KH1, and Kiri went threw the darkness, each has a heartless, which in turn makes a Nobody.

IMO the perfect ending, is not Sora, Riku, and Kiri, but rather their Nobodies. So Kingdom Hearts 3 will have basically a mirror battle where the three of them will have to fight theirselves, and their worst fears.

The way I came to this, is the intersection where they are standing. They are facing the the same direction that Sora, Donald, & Goofy were when they were heading towards the castle at the ending of Kingdom Hearts 1.

Also they showed Riku's keyblade first. At least it was the first noticeable one to me. This could be a indication of the "dark" half of Riku.

Lastly I mentioned, since Riku was consumed by darkness he would have a Heartless, and a Nobody, which they didn't cover in the game.

Of course I could be wrong, guess we will see in 5 years.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Go play COM. You end up killing Soras Heartless and Rikus.

Sora's Nobody is Roxas.
Kairis Nobody is Naminé.

It's been said that because Riku turned into "Ansem"s Nobody that he doesn't have one. So uh, there goes your theory :(

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
I'm going out to get Craptendo Lameboy for one damn game.
Anyway, if you recall,
somewhere in KH2, someone said their can be no darkness without light. If you want to get all technical, one light can cast many shadows, which could be seen as heartless. This in turn could in fact create endless variations of Nobodies.
Also, if a nobody was destroyed, and said person turns to the darkness again, does that create a new Nobody? If so Riku can have a new one, (since he was in the consumed with Darkness most of this game) and Sora as well due to the heartless Anti form, (which was obtained after Roxos and Sora became one) Sooooooo ... I may not be wrong :p
We will eventually find out I'm sure.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Or you're just completely wrong.

Just download an Emulator and a Rom for COM, it's what I did.

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok level 91 standard mode, locked all worlds 2 times plus Hallow bastion 3 times beat sephiroth and didnt do goddes of fate paradox cup or herules paradox cup do I need to do those to get the secret ending?, Got ultima weapon and ect....

Anti form is gay nuff said.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
T_ said:
ok level 91 standard mode, locked all worlds 2 times plus Hallow bastion 3 times beat sephiroth and didnt do goddes of fate paradox cup or herules paradox cup do I need to do those to get the secret ending?, Got ultima weapon and ect....

Anti form is gay nuff said.
Go complete jimmy's journel 100%

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
T_ said:
dude thats gay. woah there much more that that
get all the chests, stupid side quest games (skateboard, Ariels song crap ect) get all the Ansem Reports, Transmute at least 1 of everything on the list ... blah blah

Basically, like stated before, Jimminys journel, if it's in there complete it. Have fun ...

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Just restart on non-soft mode and beat it. It will probably be faster.

Auron

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Kingdom Hearts 2 Top selling game of March 2006 (Beating Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)
Gamespot said:
After weeks of dire predictions, industry research group NPD Funworld has finally released its sales figures for March 2006. As analysts prognosticated, the month saw a sharp decline in sales, despite several high-profile releases.

Overall game sales were $819 million, 16 percent less than March 2005. Game software totaled $499 million, down eight percent versus March 2005, and game accessories rang up $100 million, down 11 from a year ago. The biggest decline, though was in hardware, which only saw $220 million in sales--a whopping 31 slide from the same time a year ago. Of course, March 2005 saw the launch of an entirely new platform--the PSP.

Through the end of March, 2006 saw $2.2 billion in game sales, down 5.6 percent compared to the first quarter of 2005. Despite the March drop, hardware is actually up just under one percent for the year, totaling $662 million. $1.2 billion of game software was sold during the three-month period--an eight percent decline. Game accessory sales totaled $302 million during the period, a seven percent drop.

During March, the top console title was Square Enix's Kingdom Hearts II, which sold over 614,000 copies in North America. Behind it was Ubisoft's Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for the Xbox 360, followed by Electronic Arts' Black for the PlayStation 2. Two other critically acclaimed Xbox 360 games, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fight Night Round 3, also cracked the top 10.

In March, the Sims continued their domination of the PC charts. The latest expansion, The Sims 2: Open for Business, was the month's top seller, moving more than 230,000 units. That was significantly more than second-place finisher Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and far ahead of the other Sims game in the PC top 10, The Sims 2.
Isn't that just amazing! Selling 614,000 games from the 28th to the 31st of March.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6147802.html