Keevee's Works

Venice_native

Premium Member
Reaction score
Not quite, it's just that, I don't like how easily things can be made on the computer and how hard they would be in real life. It takes talent either way, but I think it takes more talent to be a real artist. You could read every internet tutorail on Photoshop and become a pretty good Graphic Artist in a fairly short period, but great artists take great times to develop their skills.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Venice_native said:
Not quite, it's just that, I don't like how easily things can be made on the computer and how hard they would be in real life. It takes talent either way, but I think it takes more talent to be a real artist. You could read every internet tutorail on Photoshop and become a pretty good Graphic Artist in a fairly short period, but great artists take great times to develop their skills.
But then there are people like me, who are good at both. And, art on a pape can be the same way, they are just lines on a paper. Coputer GFX is line on a screen.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
It depends. I kind of agree with Austin on the whole Computer GFX not being real are, but I don't at the same time. I've done some pretty amazing pieces (the Buck being my best one) and I've done some very shitty ones (see my oldass sigs). But the thing is, with my Buck I actually drew everything and colored it in via Photoshop, so that in itself is art.

Could I do it on an actual canvas? Probably, but it wouldn't look as precise looking. I've done some pretty neat looking pieces on an actual canvas as gifts to friends and family, but none were as complex as the Buck I did.

I guess the main thing I'm saying is that a lot of it isn't art. A lot of the shit that people make in PS and such, it's all computer designed. You open up a render or something (that you didn't do, you just edited some shit in Bryce or C4D) and add some stuff to it. That isn't exactally art like most would thing, but it's art in it's own way.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You could read every internet tutorail on Photoshop and become a pretty good Graphic Artist in a fairly short period, but great artists take great times to develop their skills.
I'm going to have to completely disagree with you. Both take time time to develop. It's like comparing charcoal to acrylic paint. Just different mediums to work in.

L

Laharl

Please, explain to me how "It's just like every other ****ing person that makes Sigs." is "the most idiotic way"
You offered no useful advice at all. That's the point of criticism; to help improve.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
And all you've done is bitch about what I've been saying.