Keep losing

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Curse sucks. Banshees are only good for AMS and Possession. Curse is kinda a waste of mana and 33% chance of missing still leaves them with a fair chance of hitting you. Also with breakers around, you would be cursing your own.
This is a rediculus statement. Curse is an excellent spell!! If you do the math you'd see that in the end, if you curse the whole enemy army (only need about 3 banshees), it actually raises the HP of your whole army by 1/3. Anyways, that just kinda hurts when you say "Curse sucks." Curse is just as good of a spell as any others when used in the right situations. You just have to remember banshees are more a defensive unit with defensive spells, while necromancers are the more offensive unit.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
you can just surround the hero =/
Heh, coming from someone who does it very well :).

G-Blunted said:
If you do the math you'd see that in the end, if you curse the whole enemy army (only need about 3 banshees), it actually raises the HP of your whole army by 1/3.
Alright look at this way. If you curse an army, one or two easy dispels can cure the whole army, now THAT would be a waste of mana (considering dispel and disenchant can remove about 6-8 cursed units in one sweep). Also, if you face UD and they have destroyers, all your curse would be doing is feeding them mana to do OoA.

I maybe saying Curse sucks, its just that half the time it doesnt last long enough when dispels or anything along the lines are around.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:

Alright look at this way. If you curse an army, one or two easy dispels can cure the whole army, now THAT would be a waste of mana (considering dispel and disenchant can remove about 6-8 cursed units in one sweep). Also, if you face UD and they have destroyers, all your curse would be doing is feeding them mana to do OoA.

I maybe saying Curse sucks, its just that half the time it doesnt last long enough when dispels or anything along the lines are around.
same goes for AMS and possession.

Curse is probly best spell coming from banshee.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Hellwolf_36 said:
If a hero was reviving, I think killing the altar is better than killing the 8 farms first.
The humans army was dead, it wasn't a paticularlly high level hero, and aaron's teammate had left ~8 farms in red. Instead of using his chims to kill all of those he manages to lose all of his chims, let the hero revive, and barelly kill the alter.

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Dude you just knocked all spell buffs in the game?! Why?

Hellwolf_36 said:

How can you just say something like that?

Hellwolf_36 said:
one or two easy dispels can cure the whole army, now THAT would be a waste of mana (considering dispel and disenchant can remove about 6-8 cursed units in one sweep).
All I can think when I read this is you're either new to the game or you just havn't been exposed to unit 'buff' spells, meaning when you play you either don't get negative buffs cast on you or you do and just ignore it. Either that or you're just so ungodly with your anticaster strats that these spells really are a laughing mater to you, but I think it's the second, you probably just havn't seen the power of such spells or recognized when they are used. Spells in this category include:

Curse
Fearie Fire
Howl of Terror <---come on you've encountered this one before right? It's nasty...which makes me think right now....Curse + Howl...oh boy...lol...
Roar+
Bloodlust+
Unholy Frenzy+
Inner Fire+

The ones with the +'s are positive buffs you probably don't use because you don't like spells that can get dispelled. But the others (especially fearie fire) I'm sure you've had cast on your army before...and either you dealt with it real well, or you didn't click on one of your twinkling units and see your whole army taking BONUS damage from armor. Because if you saw that, you might think these kinds of spells are actually useful.

I'm just thinkin right now if you had two equally-upgraded spiders attack each other, one with Curse and one without, imagine after the spider with Curse cast on it dies, the other spider will still have about 183hp left, which is pretty chill....Anyways, I personally don't really use these spells unless i get a pitlord, or I'll go for Unholy Frenzy sometimes if i get necs, because I like the fact that Unholy Frenzy > Bloodlust and UF is tier 2! I just think that's cool so i use it sometimes cause I hate playing against bloodlust and really i hate playing against all these spells because usually i don't want to fight if my whole army is fearie fired or howl of terrored so I end up not being able to play until i get destros....

But in conclusion the statment you made about Curse is true, but that's the nature of "Spells" and all spells can be dispelled just as easy as another (accept of course AMS :dance )...Also Curse is autocast so that's another point for the subject spell :) Just remember when you see these things out turn autocast off and use banshees for ams or possession instead:

- When spellbreakers are present (unless you want curse on your own units for some odd reason),
- When faerie dragons are around (unless you want to be using AMS as well), and
- When destroyers are flying around (unless, once again, AMS is also being used, or you simply want to give the destroyer +20 bonus magic splash damage to use on against you, but then again this goes for all other spells in the "Buffs/Debuffs" category).

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The bottom line is that curse is just as good as any other debuff. If your around anticasters, DUH, it's going to suck, but that applies to any other debuff.

It lasts 120 seconds on a normal unit and 60 seconds on heroes. I'd say that's quite a while.

And finally, 1/3 more hp is a huge boost. That's better than level 3 evasion on the Demon Hunter!

I'd say AMS is useful, but is only needed in certain situations. Most of the time, you should use it on your heroes. If the enemy has a panda or chieftain around, you might want to use it on as many units as you can.

Finally, I'd say possession is a great spell as well. If you can pull many off, the battle can be handed to you instantly. Every unit you possess, they lose. By losing your banshee, you can gain better units. Even if you get cheaper units, you will still have the advantage at hand.

So no, I think banshees are decent units, but people need to give them a chance.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Revelade said:
The bottom line is that curse is just as good as any other debuff. If your around anticasters, DUH, it's going to suck, but that applies to any other debuff.

It lasts 120 seconds on a normal unit and 60 seconds on heroes. I'd say that's quite a while.

And finally, 1/3 more hp is a huge boost. That's better than level 3 evasion on the Demon Hunter!

I'd say AMS is useful, but is only needed in certain situations. Most of the time, you should use it on your heroes. If the enemy has a panda or chieftain around, you might want to use it on as many units as you can.

Finally, I'd say possession is a great spell as well. If you can pull many off, the battle can be handed to you instantly. Every unit you possess, they lose. By losing your banshee, you can gain better units. Even if you get cheaper units, you will still have the advantage at hand.

So no, I think banshees are decent units, but people need to give them a chance.
Only downside about AMS is that you remain stunned when you're storm bolted... If I'm wrong, blame it on the fact that no one uses AMS or banshee :p

and Possession... costs too much mana too much risks imo, good spell indeed, probably one of the best spells in the game... but too much risks to your army (during the delay time.. you lose that much units in your army, and can turn bit vulnerable)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
G-Blunted said:
Howl of Terror <---come on you've encountered this one before right? It's nasty...which makes me think right now....Curse + Howl...oh boy...lol...
Who hasn't? I use the pit lord's howl once in a while to really screw up opponents. Nothing like having your damaged halved to a point where ever tauren are doing the damage of grunts + 60.

And yes I have encountered curse before, but its not a good thing allowing them to get 1/3 of thier HP increased because my own attacks are missing, so I try to dispel it when there is enough.

N_Ledgend) said:
If I'm wrong, blame it on the fact that no one uses AMS or banshee
400 extra hit points from magic bombers I think is effective enough.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Aaron7772 said:
i keep losing help. im undead always btw.

The UD race has become too predictible in strategies, because everyone knows that u go ghouls or fiends and after that is tier 3 straight.

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
slight variations of tactics

TheoStormhawk said:
The UD race has become too predictible in strategies, because everyone knows that u go ghouls or fiends and after that is tier 3 straight.
That's why you gotta expand your "Tactical Vocab"! Ghouls + Gargs is cookie cutter vs. NE or mirror (UD vs. UD) and it's tier 2. Wagonmancer is tier 2. You can sit at tier 2 and get lich, xpand, and throw down slaughter, buy potions, or a tp; that takes some time at tier 2 (as opposed to fast tech). Recently on maps with green creep gold mines (like Tranquil Paths or I forget that other one) I have been fast xpanding with crypt lord (and 2xspiders+blight+mine+2xZigs@mine+make all acos before tech) and it's been working like a charm even though I get stuck at tier 1 much longer than usual. You could always just get spiders, and at tier 2 drop slaughter for stats and temple for a couple banshees to cast curse...doing that with mass spiders at tier 2 is viable option and works fine...

Anyways, Im just sayin...yes everyone knows we open with ghouls fiends (@ least we got a choice, unlike orc?) but we don't always have to tech straight to tier 3...ALTHO..it's pretty ****in gay when the other guy techs straight to some bullshit and you need destroyers...What to do here other than wishing you had straight teched?? Well if you havn't gotten second hero yet you could probably go to tavern and get Dark Ranger for silence (and lvl up if you can)...that might let the UD race stay at tier 2 without dispell for a little while...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
Too many cookie cutters these days....

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Who hasn't? I use the pit lord's howl once in a while to really screw up opponents. Nothing like having your damaged halved to a point where ever tauren are doing the damage of grunts + 60.

And yes I have encountered curse before, but its not a good thing allowing them to get 1/3 of thier HP increased because my own attacks are missing, so I try to dispel it when there is enough.

400 extra hit points from magic bombers I think is effective enough.
400 extra hit points? I'd rather get something that disables the time of being stunned or frozen sothat my hero can actually avoid being surrounded.

and according to your logic, any spells (i.e. curse, faerire fire, etc...) are useless.

and as the RTS games exist for longer periods of time, cookie cutter builds are bound to happen, you just gotta deal with it =/

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Ntrik_ said:
any spells (i.e. curse, faerire fire, etc...) are useless.
Not necessarily, I still use them myself. But on the enemy side, I tend to dispel them if too many units have them. Even those little 10% attack increases and 5 armor losses can be devastating in a deadlock situation. Also on my end, I can't exactly use these spells when smart dispellers or faeries are near by, unless I wanna turn my casters into corpses in seconds. But that is why manual spells were invented too.

Also, no offense but look how I worded it. I was talking about what would happen if I was facing curse, not saying how much curse sucks.