Kao's Nova Necro Guide

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
AFAIK the "removal of the duped runes" only removed unpermed runes which were "permed" by runewording them, runes which were permed (upgraded) are (probably) not detectable, otherwise there would be only a handfull of BotD's and Enigmas out there (which would be priceless), the odds of finding HR are silly, really really silly.

And WTF is this "reputition-button" for?!?

VI-Herald

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rofl... no clue, really... but yea, i play NL simply because i played in .09 and most of my things are still there on mules. I have less time to devote, ive been thru one season with an 89 paladin, and that was enough for me. I hope i am a good example of an NL player though, i dont buy from ebay or trade for dupes... the only dupe i have right now is soul spur which will be gone when i finish crafting my myrmidons... it might take a while though ^_^

and simpleforce... you give a bad name for all NL players. Fag.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Yes, he does VI-Herald. Can't wait till this season is over so I can shut him and his "godly" CS zon" up.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
*Bump*

Gear Revised:

(Common gear, but hey, it's over-due)

The Gear my necro was using was:

2/50/7/7 5/5 Facet Eth Deaths' Web
Enigma Mage Plate
4/3 (was a placeholder, that's all) Facet Shako
Maras
SoJ
Ravenfrost (didn't have anything to trade for another SoJ at the time)
Um 199% Homonculus (GOGO Blocking + Resists)
Marrowalks (For Synergy to Bone Armor)
Arachnid Mesh
Trang Oul's Gloves

With that gear, it should get you to around 6100 nova or so. Think that's really low? It might be, but if you factor in a -61 Resist Lower Resist, -4 from the Shako Facet, and -55 from the Deaths' Web, that's a total of = -120% Enemy Poison Resist. That's more than enough to put almost all High Resist characters into the negatives.

This build is also very good at PvM (except the bosses).

For Stats, I suggest:

20 Poison Explosion
20 Poison Nova
20 Poison Dagger
20 Bone Wall

1 Bone Spirit
1 Skeleton Mages
1 Summoned resists
1 Clay Golem
1 Lower Resist

+ Pre-reqs.

That way, you'd have 6 skellies and 6 mages, coupled with a Defiance merc, can last through a Hell Baal game. That gives you a few meatshields to give you breathing room. Also, sometimes, (when you're dueling), it's advised to get skellies when you are dueling a caster (like a Bone Necro). The Excess skellies will take the BSirit hits, and when he gets in range, cast nova and try to keep moving to avoid his Spears (which he'll probably switch to, if he wasn't casting them before).

This is not done. I plan on adding a 'How to Duel' + Leveling + Alternate Gear section as well.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Leveling till 25 Min-Guide

Don't bother using a dagger, because the damage that Poison Dagget takes is just WAY too long to be effective. Instead, if you have 3 low level uniques (actually pretty hard to find), they are- Biggin's Bonnet Unique Cap, Greyform Unique Quilted Armor, and lastly, Dimoak's Hew Unique Bardiche.

Slap all those on an act 2 defiance merc (which you just happened to be magically rushed to act 2). It's best to be about level 10 when you do this so he can use all the gear right away. Leveling in act 1 is easy, just party up and do trist runs until you are 14. Not 15.

Now comes the tricky part- finding a full game that will stay full, and allow you to go solo as long as you possibly can. Games like these are "Act1 startiing"- Stuff like that, where you will expect only low low levels, and only to be in act 1.

What you will do is- with your defiance merc, and Amplify Damage Curse in hand, is play through act 2- from the Rocky waste all the way to the Clan Viper Altar. In a full game, you can go from about 14 to 20 in only one game. I've done it, it's just great experience. Once you hit 20, get a friend to do about 2 full cow games for you, which should put you at 24.

From here, you can either choose to keep doing cows till you are about 30-34 or so (cows are around that level), or you can do ancients and get to baaling. I suggest you do a few more cow runs, seeing as how the closer you are to the monsters Level, the better the experience. I suggest doing these till you are 28-29 or so (to use any special gear you might have).

A note during Baal runs: NEVER SPAM NOVA. NEVER EVER. With that in mind, use the necessary curse. If there are alot of melee characters, go with amp damage. You might need to throw in Life tap here and there to save them. If there are more casters than melee people, go with Lower Resist. If there are hammerdins, use Decrepify. If there is another necro in the game, you must (well not really, but it helps) decide what both of you will be doing to make the runs go faster.

Good low level gear for a Novanecro is something like:

(this is what I would use at level 15)
Helm: Biggins Bonnet [Life, Mana- Can't be beat]
Armor: Blinkbat's Form [FHR, FRW- awesome armor.]
Weapon: Hard choice here. I usually have a good low level rare one-handed weapon that I would use here. If not, try for the diggler- ITD will help you hit faster if you don't have any ML for Poison Dagger.
Shield: Umbral Disk [Perfect Stats for the level]
Belt/Gloves: Death's, Hands down.,
Boots: Gorefoot or Hotspur [I would use Gorefoot]
Ring 1: Manald Heal
Ring 2: Manald Heal
Amulet: Eye of Elitch

Try to get +STR, +DEX, and +Life small charms if you can. They will help you on your stats when you're such a low level.

Titans_RevenGe

Member!
Reaction score
I would make one but there is no way in hell that i could get an Enigma, which means I couldn't tele to andy/meph/D/Baal to do MF runs.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
This necro isn't build to kill bosses.

dP

Member!
Reaction score
question question- how much dmg does a maxed psn nova do per second? and about the strat

WW ASN: why dont u jsut treat em like a barb and nova em when them come
druid melee: see above

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Because they are much much harder. They are always off screen and you can't hit em with Nova while they are WW'ing.

I don't know how much it does per second, it's pretty irrelevant. Needless to say, 99% of characters = 1 hp = 1 nova.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
All post going off topic into kaos necro v simpleforce's zon have been split since i dont believe in closing a perfectly good thread just because of a couple of post. So please, lets try to focus

*Turok

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
koa's necro will p3wn any cs zon :p, unless she had that fine sexy ass :p on kao's avatar ....omg...