Kao's Nova Necro Guide

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
NovaNecro Guide [V1.10]

Introduction
I originally wanted to make one of these, simply because I never saw any necromancer use the skill Poison Nova. During 1.10, when I was on USWest, I made a "NovaNecro". I, at the time, was damn rich, so I had enough gear to outfit him. He was built for PvM originally, but by the time he got to about 60 or so (when the skills for Poison Nova are maxed), I decided to max out Bone Wall (a synergy for Bone Armor, very useful). I also got a Fire Golem, but that proved useless in a duel. If you follow this guide correctly, you will be a formidable opponent in dueling games, and will probably annhilate about 80% of your competition.

Stats
I didn't have Enigma when I was making this character, so I went for 156 Strength, enough to use a Um Stormshield. I still suggest this, because sometimes Enigma isn't required to win a duel.

Also, I would be Using Stormshield as my main shield, so naturally I would need around 180+ Dex as my base to have 75% blocking all the time.

I needed alot of life, because I know my gear wouldn't provide me with enough, So, everything else in here.

And Energy. Don't even bother with Energy, it's worthless to a PvP Character.

Gear
This is where your character can be godly as hell or crappy as a Melee Druid.

Suggested Helms: Shako [Um or Facet] // Blackhorn's [Ort Rune]

Suggested Body Armor: A 40%+ Bramble [Archon Plate for Defense] // 215%+ Shaftstop [Um or Facet] // Enigma [600+ Defense Armor Base] // 4 Topaz Armor

Suggested Weapons: Any Resist Heart of the Oak Flail // Wizardspike [15 Resist Jewel] // +2 All +3 Nova Rare Wand [For Hammerdins]

Suggested Shields: Stormshield [Um or Facet] // +2 Necro, +3 Nova Rare Head [For Hammerdins and Bone Necro's] // 4 Topaz Monarch

Suggested Gloves: Trang Oul's Gloves Don't EVEN think about changing these to Magefists. Don't even.

Suggested Boots: 65 HP Waterwalks // 19/17+ Marrowwalks

Suggested Belts: Arachnid Mesh // Thundergod's Vigor

Suggested Rings:2* 20 Dex Ravenfrosts, 2* Dwarf Stars, 2* Wisp Projectors (haha)2* SoJ's

Suggested Amulets: 20% FCR / +2 P/B Skills Crafted Amulet // Mara's [30+ Resist is nice] // GOOD +2 FCR Rare // Rising Sun

Suggested Switch Weapons: Call to Arms // Lidless

Skills
20 Poison Dagger
20 Poison Explosion
20 Poison Nova
20 Bone Wall
1 Bone Prison
1 Lower Resist
1 Clay Golem
+ Pre Reqs
All other points may go into Bone Prison for the Synergy to Bone Armor

Tactics
Amazons [Bow]: Constantly cast Clay Golem to use as a meat shield for taking Arrows. Once you are close enough, cast Bone Prison on them, Lower Resist, One Nova, and a Spear to finish them off. If they have Enigma, it'll be a little bit harder.

Amazons [Melee]: These get a little harder, mainly because they are 1-hit killers on you. You may want to switch to Lightning Resist gear, because one nova doing around 5k will still rape them. Usually just cast 2 novas back to back, and they will be dead. May need a Bone Spear or two.

------

Sorceress [Cold]: You may need to get Cold Resists Gear, but the Damn Pierce on them is just insane. Try to get the Stormshield on, and switch to Resist gear. You will probably need Enigma for these. [Teleport, Nova, Teleport]

Sorceress: [Fire]: Absorb these bitches, they are all gay in duels.

Sorceress [Lightning]: Switch to All Lightning gear and hope they don't kill you in one hit.

------

Barbarian: Don't bother with Enigma here. Lower Resist, Nova. If they WW, which is probably, they will probably be at 1 hp by the time they finish. Just cast a Bone Spear on them before they finish and they are usually dead.

------

Paladin [Melee]: As Easy as Melee Amazons.

Paladin [Hammer]: Keep moving, Nova constantly, and use Prison to distract him.

Paladin [Fist of Heavens]: Get Lightning Gear on and own away. These are probably the easiest characters EVER to kill.

------

Assassin [WW]: Good luck. No Advice here.

Assassin [Trap]: Same as FoH'ers. If they have Enigma It'll just take longer.

Assassin [Melee]: These are usually easy.

*NOTE: If the Assassin is using Fade, with at least 10+ Points into it, your Nova will not be enough to kill them at all. Good Luck on these.

------

Druid [Elemental]: Switch to some DR Gear [Shaft, SS, Shako] and Lower Resist while keeping on the move. One nova should be 1 HP and then they should run away. I haven't had much trouble with these, except maybe one or two. Ever.

Druid [Melee]: What?

------

Necromancer [Bone]: These bastards are like Sorcs. Watch out for IBS. Good luck killing one of these.

Necromancer [Poison]: I've never dueled one before, but I would advise Death's Gloves instead of Trang Oul's.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
*Split for comment allowage*

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Seeing as how I have created a New NovaNecro, both for PvM and PvP (which does both quite well, I might add), I will be revising this guide when I am satisfied with my necro.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
*Warns for bumping*

j/k. :p

Meh..Now I gotta edit the sticky again..haha..just let me know when. :)

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
You'll know. Hell, I could do it right now, but I think it would be more of a guide if you have Exact Numbers on Damage and all that. I think I might need to remake this guy after this, because i'm still finding gear...lol.

irdamage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
uhhh yah i was gonna say isnt ths already stickied...but wutever. yah btw did u ever think about putting a point into fire golem? just so its aura can finish em...ive done it many times :)

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
I tried the fire golem, didn't help a damn. And it's hard not to brag when you have a character as good as this ;)

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
It's hard not to tell you ;)

bob-marley

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well...i recentyl just made a psn nova necro lvl 80.

i actually disagree with using hoto.... perfect deaths web with 5/5 psn facet kicks hoto in the ass...+2 necro +2 pnb...-50% to enemy res owns +3, +fcr. thats just my opinion. and bramble...why? necor sshould always use enigma for tele. and i dont get marrowwalks either....sspurs and sshanks and ggspurs kick them in ass. unless u wanna do that glitch thing.

and another thing...you do know that 2 psn novas can kill a person right? when they at 1 life you psn nova again and they die. it does impact dmg. so no need to cast bone spear.

besides that its a decent guide.!

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
bob-marley said:
well...i recentyl just made a psn nova necro lvl 80.

i actually disagree with using hoto.... perfect deaths web with 5/5 psn facet kicks hoto in the ass...+2 necro +2 pnb...-50% to enemy res owns +3, +fcr. thats just my opinion.
I agree.

bob marley said:
and bramble...why? necor sshould always use enigma for tele.
Look at brambles stats again.

bob marley said:
and i dont get marrowwalks either....sspurs and sshanks and ggspurs kick them in ass.
He's not on non-ladder. This was made mostly for ladder because more people play ladder than non.

irdamage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i believe he did look at brambles stats.... its THE shit for pvm, but for pvp it licks the all mighty nuts, simply cuz the other caster tpers are gonna make u there bitch if u cant get away or go after em with speed. and i personally think that that a deaths web + enigma pwns a hoto+ bramble(but keeping in mind that Kaos strategy involves using bone prison and i dont persoanlly use it (cuz i think its pussy) so our ideas may differ here)

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
People...I'll be revising this guide, and my necro is using Enigma + Marrows + Perfect 5/5 Facet Death's Web. Just wait, I have to get back into the groove of dueling and using Spirit/Spear/Teeth/Nova as a finisher. Don't worry, my revision will kick that guides' ass.

simpleforce

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
that was the WORST characted build ever...thats "dumbing me"

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Heh..I just noticed something.

Assassin [WW]: Good luck. No Advice here.
Lol.

Druid [Melee]: What?
Lmao.

Necromancer [Bone]: These bastards are like Sorcs. Watch out for IBS. Good luck killing one of these.
Wow.

You can't just avoid these because you're not good at dueling them.

simpleforce

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
read my SIGNITURE...bring ur poison necro
im also on the verge of making me a bow zon for pesty Teleport people like hammer and bone necro

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
He's not a noob that plays NL like you. He plays ladder.

simpleforce

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
im a noob because i play NL...WHOA!!!
once again read my signiture ( i say NL SC EAST FOR A REASON, and VizjereiMage cant figure it out)

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
The worst guide ever? Get on ladder, make your zon, and lets duel. Lets see if you try to kill me when you're at 1 hp and im casting Spirits and spears at you then. Stupid newbs.

Oh, and WW sins are VERY hard to beat. I have an idea of how to beat them, but it will take some time and more character development (and some more items, of course).

Melee druids suck, hands down. I've never seen a good one in duels.

And Bone Necro's are always like sorcs when they teleport. They do it ALOT, and make IBS, which is horrible. I've killed a fair share recently, but that's because we were just ****ing around- nothing serious- yet. Again, better gear is needed to actually kill them.