• Good.

Votes: 50 59.5%
  • Bad.

Votes: 34 40.5%

• Total voters

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I have been an asylum poster full time almost my entire carrer here at BF. Latley I must say the asylum really really sucks. There is insane ammonts of user spam, considering we have the void there is no reason for spam in the asylum. I thought the phase would just breeze over, but it hasnt yet so i dunno.

I dont want mods, but if there needed than go for it.
Cause it bites in there.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Originally posted by Rygon
I started a thread on this awhile back; there seemed to be mixed opinions on the subject.

I think there should be at least one judicator or so; my real issue is who would it be. You would definetly have to pick someone who doesn't spam and who is active there, and no one comes to mind all that fast.
Sorry, but I have to call you on this. You have no idea what it was actually like with them, so you were just going with the crowd. I can think of around 7 people that would be really good Judis, just based on how they act around certain thing. Of course, the admins don't really listen and will just pick people that are already staff, ha!

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
No horrible idea. They stay gone..

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by coRtALoS
Then what would distinguish between Staff Members and Sr. Mods aside from title?
The ability to ban and view ips, and also they would not control an entire section of forums with moderators under their control...

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
It's a bad idea. It won't work because you'll have those people whining and complaining... The Asylum's spam won't go away even with Judicators.

Originally posted by: Renzokuken
And may i ask who the judicators were, there was Akule (I forget your alias), Pan (Vice_Vex?) and was dice5_5 Wolfenstein Elite?
I thought Akule was Wolfenstein Elite. sav.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Definately need to come back.

Mods w/o banning powers is just fine.

If people complain, just tell them that it's their own fault for bringing them back. They spammed they get the punishment.

Oh, and I know you're expecting this probably, but I'd be willing to be a Judicator. :wavey

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Put up a poll in the asylum where most of the people it will affect most will see it, if yes wins after a certain amount of time jsut put them in, if people don't like it then it's their fault for not voting, or it could be more people are for than against it. If everyone knows what is going on, and everyone knows about the voting thingy so they can give their opinion then no one should get overly upset. The only tricky situation wouldbe if the vote is really close.

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
mods in the asylum destroys the whole point of the asylum if u add mods you will have to find a new reason for forum b/c you couldnt say half the shit you wanted to...... so bacicly modless or none at all

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
The sole purpose of Judicators is to keep spammers out, and decent topics in.

They in no way moderate what can and cannot be said, as long as a valid post is made.

People wanted posts to count in the Asylum. There is a price that comes along with making that section a real forum, which is limiting spam. We will not "reward" people with additional posts for posting something that completely destroys the validity and point of a thread.

You're allowed to go off-topic.
You're allowed to talk about whatever you want.
You're not going to be able to get away with posts like this when Judicators are around:

hi :wavey

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't care about them as long as there are a lot of them, if you catch my drift. ;)

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Good. 43
Bad. 23

20 more good than bad, and this poll has been up for almost a week.

I think we have a winner!

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Yes it is a great idea. With everyone running around making an ass of themselves and acting uncontrolable + the spam I think it would be a nice addition. But when you do decide to make some, be sure to pick people that will be force ful and strait to the point.