Jaxle's Story: A forgotten realms fanfic

ShadowHunter

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Jaxle’s Story: A Forgotten Realms FanFic

Part 1: The Swashbuckler
I looked through the wares at a blacksmith’s shop, impressed. This dwarf sure knows how to craft. My scimitar hung sheathed at my side, and my twin daggers were also sheathed, inside my boots. I picked up a war hammer, and felt its great magic tingling in my fingers.

“Put that down! Thief, thief!!!†the dwarf screamed, and I looked at him, knowing there was nothing I could do. It was true, I was a thief, actually an assassin, but I wasn’t about to steal that war hammer. I threw the war hammer down on the table, and dashed out the door, to see two Amnish guards running fast at me thanks to the dwarf’s call.

“Damn,†I muttered as I dashed across, thankful for having no pack and light armor. The guards ran after me, and although not as fast, their heavy armor and spears would kill me in the end. I couldn’t afford a fight, and I certainly couldn’t go back to jail, where I had escaped two months ago. I found the tunnel out of Wakeen’s Promenade fairly easily, even though I was not familiar to this town. The two guards guarding the exit moved to intercept me, but I easily maneuvered around them, kicking one in the stomach and the other in the knee. Although their plate mail armor covered these spots, it knocked them off balance, which was all that I needed. I dashed through the tunnel to the district exit, but before I reached it, a metal boot slammed into my back, knocking me down. I rolled over quickly, trying to get away, but the boot came down on my stomach, leaving me breathless.

One of the four guards picked my up by the collar, and pushed me away, sending me stumbling back. I turned to run, not about to question my good fortune, but two of the guards blocked my path. I tuned to look at the other two. They were discussing something, “…we’ll jus have our fun with this one. No use takin him back jus yet.â€

“Yeah,†the other one said. “We’ll take turns beatin the fool, and teach not to even think about stealin no more. Take his weapon. I’ll be first.†The second guard moved in on me, and I let him take my scimitar. He saw that I had no pack, and thought me weaponless, so he moved away, making the third point in the beating ring. The guard threw down his weapon, and walked in.

He threw his fist at my jaw, which I dodged, even in this current state, easily. He growled, and tried to grab me. I hopped out of the way, and kicked him in the back of his knee, making him fall to the ground. I backed away, and the guard got up quickly, with playful sneers from his fellow guards. The guard charged in, and I again sidestepped, but this time he changed his course at the last minute, and barreled into me. I fell to the ground, with him on top of me.

Then I heard a yell form one of the guards in the circle. I turned to see a dark figure standing over one of the guard’s bodies, sword drawn. I knew this was my chance. I grabbed one of the daggers form my boot, and jabbed it into the guard’s side, where the plate mail stopped. He grabbed his wound. I drew my other dagger, and before he could respond, stabbed him in his other side. I rolled him off of me, and lifted his helmet. I slid my dagger across his neck, and his body went limp.

When I looked back, the figure was fighting another guard, with the last one was fast approaching. I swung my leg out to the running one, and smashed it into his knees. He fell over, and before he could respond, I jumped up and kicked him in the face. He lay there, unconscious. I grabbed my scimitar from his passive form, and drew it, hoping to help my rescuer. But the guard it had been fighting was already dead.

“Thank god for you. Thanks a lot. What’s your name?â€

“Andreilles. Yours?†I recognized immediately it was a woman’s voice.

“Jaxle. Do you belong to a guild, Andreilles?â€

“No, I am new to this trade.â€

“Ha! Yeah right. A newbie would have been slain instantly by these guards. But if you don’t want to talk, I won’t make you. Why did you rescue me? Gold?â€

“No, it just looked like you needed help. Come, I’ll by you a drink. I know I back route to a good bar.â€

I just shrugged. I bent down, and quickly searched the guards, and found some gold and a jewel. The guards had always gotten paid well, and you were always rewarded when you killed one. I followed the girl to the backstreets. It was night, and I just had to wonder why a girl was out so late, that didn’t want anything for slaying two of the most trained fighters in the land.

We walked along in silence. We reached the bar she spoke of in little time, and when we were ushered in form the back, I recognized to place as the Den of Seven Vales. I had come here once or twice in my short stay. They had good rooms, and better alcohol.

I took a seat across from her at a table in a corner. The place was bustling with patrons; drunks singing, women laughing, and young men trying to steal a night with the pretty barmaids. We didn’t get service, so I went up to the bar and ordered two drinks. I took them over, and sat down.

When I got back, I noticed she had put her hood down. I sat down to see a beautiful young woman with golden hair to her shoulders. I could see she had some Elven heritage, although I couldn’t see her ears. She smiled when she saw my surprise. Then she blushed. I looked away, embarrassed. I had had much experience with women, but none this beautiful. I had spent the night with girls from thieves to mages to local hoes, but none had made me feel like she did.

I tried to start a conversation to lighten the mood. “So what are you? Some type of thief, I expect.â€

She looked up, and I was sucked into her deep green eyes. “I am called a swashbuckler. And you must be… maybe an assassin, judging by the poison I noticed on your daggers?â€

“You are right, and all too alert.†I answered with a smile. She giggled at the comment- but not a childish giggle, as I had expected, but a giggled form one on the edge of womanhood.

We drank the rest of the night, talking and swapping stories. But when the morning sun reached its long hands in through the bar window, I knew I had to be going. The Amnish Guards would be looking for me, for they had most definitely found the dead guards, and the unconscious one had probably woken up. They would be searching the city.

what do ya think?

Final Warrior

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.harkkonnen.com
Very good. 9.99/10. You misspelled on one part. Keep going. Oh and... do you play Baldur's Gate?

ShadowHunter

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah, in fact most of my experiences are taken from that game. i play bg2. great game. heres the next part....

Part 2: Crossing the Line
I got up to leave, not wanting to stay any longer than was necessary. I looked down at Andreilles, and wanted to bring her with me. I realized that even in the short time I was with her, just talking, I had grown fond of her. I lost myself in her eyes again, and thought about what our adventures could be like. Two thieves, roaming the land and having fun. But an assassin wasn’t supposed to have companions. They got in the way with what needed to get done. I couldn’t have her- she would be a weakness. The occasion lovemaking did not get in the way, but what would a relationship do to me?

I turned to leave, but a firm grip around my arm stopped me. I turned to her again, and she got up. “A wanted assassin out on the streets in broad daylight? You killed three guards, and left one alive. You think they won’t catch you?â€

“What can I do?â€

“Stay with me. I know the barkeep. He’ll let us stay for the day, keep us hidden. then you can leave. I don’t want anything to happen to you.†She blushed at the last sentence, but kept my gaze. I smiled.

“Ok, then, Andreilles. I will stay. But for only one night.â€

We walked over to the bartender, who was a plump, merry looking man. She bent over his counter, and whispered in his ear. His eyes darted at me as she spoke, and I suspected she was telling him the story of our night. Then his eyes darted to Andreilles, and looked at her young breasts. When his eyes found me again, I was scolding. I thought about beating the fat man up, but thought better of it, knowing this was my only chance of being safe. He looked away from my ice-cold glance, and tried to manage a smile at me. I scowled all the more.

Finally, he said so that we could both hear, I got a small room for ya. It’s in the back, and has no windows. The guards won’t find ya here. How much are you willin to pay?â€

He looked at Andreilles for the answered, but before she could offer, I threw the man a pouch containing a couple silver coins. “That’ll be enough.†I answered coldly. My ice-cold stare left now room for augment.

“Ye… Yes. Umm… I’ll take ya to your room. He led us into the back, and through a doorway that we had passed on the way. We walked into a large closet full of buckets and mops.

“I am not staying here.†I said when he lit a candle.

“No, your not. I reserve this for my higher paying customers.†He answered coolly, apparently over his fear of me. I reserved my cold glare, but when he turned away, I smiled. I had to admit, that was a good one. I looked to see Andreilles biting her lip, trying not to laugh.

He walked farther into the closet, and came upon the back of it. He tapped the wood in three places, and then pulled a lever that was hidden form the view from the door. The back wall slowly parted, revealing a nice entry. He smiled. “Still works…†He muttered. He gave the candle to Andreilles, and with a nod, walked away.

We walked into the room, and I pulled the lever, thinking that the best way to close it. And close it did. Then I looked into the small room. A torch hung on the opposite wall, and Andreilles went and lit that. The room was roughly furnished, with a small stove on one side, and a deep hole in the ground on the other. I guessed that was the toilet. There was a small screen on one wall, in the direction of the bar. It was dark, and I supposed some sliding wood blocked it. I was right, I found out, for it opened and the bartender voice came through the slot.

“I’ll be bringin ya some food and drink in a couple hours, near when the dusk. Get some sleep, by the way.†The slot closed, and I turned to Andreilles. I noticed that only one bed lay in the room. This was obviously a room meant as a one-person hideout. The bed was big enough for two, though, and Andreilles didn’t seem to have a problem with it, so I let it go.

“We should go to sleep. We stayed up the whole night.†She said. I looked over at her, getting undressed. Despite that, I felt nothing uncomfortable about the situation, and started to strip, also.

I climbed into the bed where Andreilles was already lying. I was only wearing my under-shorts, and she wearing her under-clothing, yet still I felt no uncomfortably to the least. We talked for a little bit.

“You can call me Andre.†She told me.

“Andre? Who gave you that name?â€

“My father.â€

“Who is your father?â€

“I’d rather not say.â€

Respecting her privacy, I just shrugged. “Where did you grow up?†I asked her, changing the subject.

“Here, in Wakeen’s Promenade.â€

“Are you part Elf?â€

“Yes, my mother was a half-elf, and my father was a pure human. Are you a pure human?â€

“Yes.â€

With that the talking came to a cease. We both started to fell sleepy, and I rolled over, not facing her. After a couple minutes, as I was thinking about the day to come, a warm, soft hand found my thigh. I turned to Andre, and looked at her. She smiled, and we kissed. I knew I was crossing the line, yet I didn’t care. I didn’t understand that feeling inside of me. I think I love her. She ran her hand through my black hair, and I stoked her cheek. She rolled on top of me, and kissed me warmly…

once again, tell me what you think....

Unknown_Being

Member!
Reaction score
lol
A bit unoriginal when it comes to the guy's thoughts and his new relationship with her. Although, it's kinda close to original, and quite decent so far. Keep up the good work and try to be a 'lil more orginal lol j/k.