Jaxle the Demon Hunter

ShadowHunter

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm new. Well, this is a fanfic based on warcraft 3. Hope ya like it...

My name is Jaxle. I am a Demon Hunter. I am one of the proud Night Elves that can say that. We are the fiercest warriors that the Night Elves have in their arsenal. But, yet, they do not let me fight. They hide me in the back, and call me a General. They say they don’t want me to fight because I am too valuable. But how can I be too valuable, if I do nothing while many brave Druids of the Claw die in the melee battles before me, with their backup Archers also being killed? How can I, who stands in the back, watching, be more valuable than those brave Elves that die before me eyes?

I could not understand it then, when I saw her and met with her, and I can not understand it now, when I am in love with her. We were fighting- no, they were fighting off the horde of the Orcs. The Orcs charged fearlessly into our strong ranks of Druids of the Claw, Huntresses, and Archers. The spell casters were backing them up, while I watched from a hill that looked down at the battle.

This was the day that I threw aside the political bull- the day I fought for my race. My father, an old Keeper of the Grove, was standing beside me. He was explaining the way the Orcs would attack, with their brute strength. They would charge in with a horde of expendable Grunts, with Troll Headhunters providing cover. Then the Raiders would charge in, weakening the front lines even more. They would try to take down the Hippogryph Riders and the one Chimaera we had. And then, on the last wave, comes the Tauren. These beasts were Fearless fighters, smashing the enemy with their stumps. And they would be led by the mightiest of them all, the Tauren Chieftain. This beast towered over even the tallest of units, standing a full twenty feet off the ground. It would lead the mighty Tauren into our ranks, cutting down lines of the Night Elves. They would slaughter anyone, getting to the Archers and cutting them down, and then to the Heroes, me and my father, where they would bash our heads in, and the other Elves would run, only to be slaughtered by awaiting Grunts. Then the hated Orcs would cut down our Ancients, and slaughter out defenseless Wisps. That was the only way it could happen, my father had said, because we were hopelessly outnumbered. Then I asked him about the Humans that hated the Orcs just as much as we did. But he said that that was a political matter- my father had had a dispute with their Paladin king, and they hadn’t been talking since. But I changed everything.

As the first Orcs charged it, I realized that my father was wrong in his expectation of how the waves would come. Raiders ran beside Grunts beside Raider as they clashed with the Night Elf ranks. And, probably the worst surprise of all was the addition of a Far Seer. Shadow Wolves tore the flesh of the elves, with a Far Seer in the back commanding them. He had been with another clan of Orcs, but when that clan lost most of its empire due to a Human strike on many of their outposts and goldmines, the Far Seer decided to come with this clan. And thus was our peril. We had underestimated our Orc foes, thinking they would not bring out any spell casting units. And now they had the most powerful of them all. Yet still my father would not let me charge. Line after line of Night Elves were cut down in the first charge. But still my father would not let me charge. I could feel my body’s yearning to kill the filthy Orcs.

And then, for the first time in my life, I disobeyed my father. I charged down the hill, screaming to my God. The archers parted before me, wondering and cheering. Finally their great fighting prince was going into battle, when they needed him most.

A shadow wolf charged at me, jumping at me from my side. Five arrows were sticking out of his glowing hide, and still he charged. He jumped at my face, and I turned to it, and rolled under the attack. When I had my feet set, it charged again. But this time I was ready. I ducked under its high attack, pointed my blades upward, and dug them into its tough hide. It screamed a demonic screech, and faded away.

I kept running, still looking down at the battle. I saw our main attackers, the Huntresses, fighting brutally with the Orcish Grunts. I quickly jumped over fallen comrades, and reached the Huntresses. I caught a Grunt off its guard, and drove my blade into its side. It gagged, and fell, and I moved on the others. Two Grunts, seeing that I had come to the field and already killed one of their kin, stepped in front of me. They raised their crude axes as if to strike, but they never got the chance. I impaled one in the stomach with my left blade, and slit the other’s throat with a quick swing. They both fell, giving me an open view of the field.

The Orcs were pushing us back fiercely, tearing through our front lines. Almost all our Druids of the Claw were dead, and the last ones were being swarmed by Raiders and Grunts. I looked on the field with sadness. It didn’t look good. Then I was reminded of why I had run down here.

I yelled another war-cry, and again charged down the field. A Raider ran at me, swinging his sword low, and I jumped up on his wolf, grabbing him from behind. I dug my blade deep into his neck, and threw him off. I then calmed the wolf, and turned him around. I rode down the field this way, cutting the time in half. When I got there, I jumped off, letting the wolf go free. Instead of turning on me, he attacked at the closest Grunt. I smiled, but I had little time to see the outcome. I turned to a group of Huntresses.

tell me what ya think- i love feedback!

ShadowHunter

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
They were throwing their blades at any Orc that dared challenge them. I walked over, looking around and always checking my back. When I got to the group I asked, “Who’s the fastest?†The Huntresses always took pride in their speediness, but were also modest, like all the Night Elves. No one answered. “Who?!†I screamed, becoming impatient. Four of the five Huntresses tuned to one, and the one raised her hand.

She had long black hair, like all the Huntresses, but this one was especially beautiful. Her face was the fairest I had ever seen, and the tight clothing she was wearing only brought out her sleek, youthful curves even more. “What is your name,†I asked.

She smiled, “Sandranis.â€

“Then go, Sandranis, and tell Brimsti the Mountain King that we are in need of his services. Now!â€

She smiled again, then turned and dashed into the woods. I fought with the Huntresses, on the front lines. The grunts were still charging into our lines, and they seemed endless. Then crude spears started to rain in on us, and one after another of the Huntresses fell. Soon it was only me and another Huntress left. And then a horn blew.

The Orcs around us looked back, took one final swing, and retreated. With them gone, all of the Night Elves looked on the carnage that had resulted form the battle. Bodies of Orcs and Night Elves lay everywhere. A lone Shadow Wolf, only heeding the call of its master and not any horn, picked among the bodies, growling and eating any decent meat. Then an Archer on the front lines faired an arrow after the Wolf torn an arm off another dead Archer. The shot flew thought the air, and dug into the Wolf’s eye, killing it. Some scattered cries were heard from the Elven side, but most were silent, knowing that the worst was yet to come. The Orcs had fallen back to regroup, not retreat.

But the Night Elves regrouped too. The Archers came to the front line, and the remaining Huntresses went right behind their sisters. I stayed on the front, in the middle of the Archer line. I had a couple gashes on my arms, but nothing serious.

Then, as we reformed, we looked down on the Orcish Horde to see that they were not regrouping, but clearing the field for Tauren. In front stamped the biggest Tauren I had ever seen. It towered over even the huge Tauren. It was a Tauren Chieftain. An audible sigh was heard from the Night Elf line. They had had some hope, after the Orcs retreated, that they could win. But now, with the mighty Tauren coming out, it was hopeless. But I was too busy summoning my inner strength. The Tauren started to charge across the field. The Archers were launching their arrows, but it was no use. The Tauren laughed at the arrows, and they didn’t even draw blood.

The plan called now for the retreat of the Archers, which was gladly complied, and the advance of the Huntresses. But the Huntresses stalled. I couldn’t blame them. I knew this is where I came in. I took the final preparations in my meditation, and I immediately felt warmer, almost hot. I looked at my arm, expecting but still surprised to see it covered with flames. I smiled. It had been so long. So I charged.

I ran at the closest Tauren. It smiled, thinking me easy prey. It swung its stump down on me, and I jumped aside, right under it. My fire made deadly burns in hurting places, and I was then able to slice into the burnt skin with my blades. It screamed, and fell. The ground shivered, and then the Huntresses charged. I jumped from Tauren to Tauren, burning away its tough hide for the Huntresses’ blades, and Archers’ arrows to pierce.

Soon almost three fourths of the Tauren lay dead. The other cowered in fear away form me. So of these proud, mighty warriors even ran away. I laughed and so did the other Night Elves. But not for long. Out of the smoke of the burning Tauren came the Tauren Chieftain, grim and mad. He and his fellow warriors- the mightiest Orcs of them all, had fallen victim to me. His eyes were on me and only me. I felt my mana fading, and then dissipate. I was in trouble.

And then, as I preyed to my Gods, thanking them for the privileged life I had, and praying to make my death quick and easy, a crazed Dwarf jumped on the beast’s back with a yell. The Mountain King, I realized, was Brimsti, the greatest dwarf I had ever met. I was pleased with hi charge, but knew it would not, could not really do anything against the giant beast. But Brimsti charged on, digging his axe in and out and in again to the Chieftain’s back. It yelled, but was more intent on killing me.

But then I heard a sound that brought all the hope back to me. It was a loud BOOM!! that echoed across the battle field. I smiled as a flying ball of led smashed into the side if the Tauren’s knee. It screamed again, and tried to toss Brimsti off, and turn to its new foe at the same time. But when it turned, it shuddered. Standing there was the Dwarven arsenal, three squads of Riflemen. Shots thundered, and the Tauren screamed again and again.

I had been wishing for this creature’s death since I saw it come out of the mist, but now I only felt pity, not hate. It was a proud and fearless warrior, one that had had its comrades slain before its eyes. And now it, too, was being slaughtered.

I pitied it, but also hoped, when I died, to die in battle, gloriously going down. Then I felt a hand on my arm. I turned, and saw Sandranis standing there, smiling. We looked at each other for a while. And then, as if compelled by some unseen force, I bent down and kissed her. She smiled when I took my head away. I smiled too. I had, in this short time, fallen in love with this Huntress. But then a loud thump interrupted my thoughts. The Tauren Chieftain was finally dead.

The Dwarves lead the way as we charged at the remaining Orcs. But they were running away. The Grunts, Troll Headhunters, and Raiders had turned their backs and fled. But the Far Seer had remained. Two Shadow Wolves were his only protectors. With a signal from their Mountain King, the Dwarves shot them dead. And then I threw my blades into the wolf that carried him. Arrows flew through the air, felling the beast. The Far Seer jumped off. No one rushed, no one fired. This hero was mine, everyone knew that.

The Far Seer tried to run. I was off balance, and he was too far ahead for even my fast legs to catch him. “Damn.†I whispered. But then a huge wall of roots shot up from the ground and blocked his path. I smiled, and turned to the front line. My father stood there, standing next to Sandrais. I turned toward the Far Seer. In a desperate attempt, he shot a blue blast of lighting at me. I easily dodged it, and then shot a mana burn his way. He felt himself drain, and soon he dropped his staff. I walked over to him.

I had no respect for Far Seers. They roamed from clan to clan, not pledging allegiance to any of them. They were the exact opposites of Tauren, who were born to a clan, fought bravely, and died, in that same clan. Far Seers were only for themselves. They followed not the orders of commanders, but made their own show. I hated them. They sent their dogs out to kill the real warriors, not helping their clan. They stayed in the back, casting magic to kill us.

I approached the Orc, who was standing tall and erect. I quickly changed that, with a punch that broke its nose. It cowered, and backed into the root wall. I mercilessly punched its face in, then proceeded to it chest and stomach. When I was finished it was crawled up in a bloody ball, shaking with fear and pain. I extended my hand for some weapon to finish the Orc off with. I was handed Dwarven Rifle. I smiled to the Dwarf, and ****ed the gun. I aimed it at the curled Orc, and pulled the trigger. My shoulder hurt for days after from the blowback, but the Far Seer was ripped apart, and the Night Elves and Dwarves rejoiced. We had won the battle.

Epilogue
I lay in bed, next to Sandrais. She was my wife- we had been proudly wedded a month after the battle. The battle seemed like a lifetime ago. But I knew it had only been a year. Sadrais held in her womb the mix of a Huntress and a Demon Hunter. I smiled. Another thing I would be remembered for- the father of a baby that had never been had before- a mix of unknown implications. I kissed my wife on the cheek- growing to love her every second more I stayed with her. I was a very lucky Night Elf….

THE END

Unknown_Being

Member!
Reaction score
OMFG OMFG OMFG are you the one that wrote the story with the assasin or thief or whatever, and the slightly elvish chick? Sorry, I'm kinda tired and so my memory is not completely trust worthy.