It's the little things

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah I agree.

the mothership seems IMMENSELY overpowered.

If blizzard's so intent on preserving the gameplay of the original as much as it can with the new physics and units and all, it shouldn't give the ability to decimate entire armies in one cast.

starcraft was never about superweapons, unless you were playing one of those 7v1 hard zerg comp maps.

Nuclear Launch Detected ftw.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I think the one thing about the Mothership is if the gameplay trailers are deceptive in how they portray it. It isn't nearly as powerful as it appears, and will be unable to perform back to back of any of it's attacks, much like any of the "spells" on any SC unit.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It does look slightly overpowered but I guess it is a fairly late-game type unit, and then you can only have 3 at a time. But given the fact that one can remove 4 Battlecruisers alone, this could be a nasty unit that will need balancing should people rush tech to it.

Though it is quite possible that a squadron of Scourges could take it out.

With new air units, I think the Scourges could well have reduced cost, too.*

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I think the one thing about the Mothership is if the gameplay trailers are deceptive in how they portray it. It isn't nearly as powerful as it appears, and will be unable to perform back to back of any of it's attacks, much like any of the "spells" on any SC unit.
The gameplay trailer is cheated, they even say it themselves (download the one from the site). The mothership uses energy (mana, whatever), and they recharged it for show purposes.

Meaning it won't be able to use all three abilities, only one, perhaps two, then be done with it. Besides, the black hole is only against air units.

And x42, there can only be one, not three.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
The gameplay trailer is cheated, they even say it themselves (download the one from the site). The mothership uses energy (mana, whatever), and they recharged it for show purposes.

Meaning it won't be able to use all three abilities, only one, perhaps two, then be done with it. Besides, the black hole is only against air units.

And x42, there can be only one, not three.
Yep.

Sorry.

Yeah, I can't download it from the site. T.T