It's the little things

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
that impress me. First off the game looks good. With the few gameplay videos available one might take note of a few things. First off The protoss are pretty much only being focused on. I hear a bunch of people say how the story reflects the fact that the protoss are so radically different, and the other races just look the same. No. think about it, the only units you see from Terran/Zerg are the marines, tank, BC, Ling and Mutalisk. How many units did the original races have? Obviously the game play footage is selectively removing key units from being shown probably because they are no longer in the game or radically different just like the protoss. I think the other unit one would expect is the Hydralisk to make an appearance at least, since along with the ling it is the other most crucial unit in the Zerg army. Perhaps we're looking at a clue as to to what unit is going to be altered. Dragoons were removed for Immortals, perhaps Hydralisks have been replaced by a similar more interesting entity.

Also I love the little changes and how things have played out. Like just cosmetically, if you look the Battlecruiser fires it's lazer from adjacent sides of the middle. It fires from the left, then it's next shot comes from the right.

I love how the colossus simply walks up the tiered terran so effortlessly. I love how the Zelot races quicker to catch a nearby opponent. It's the little updates along with the more radical changes that impress me by far.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I love the new Nydus Canal though. It is really, really awesome.

But yeah, the little details are the things that I love the most.

I don't understand the BCs though, sometimes they shoot twice in a row.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
One thing I'm really looking forward to, however, are those campaign levels where you have to go trough a facility and do shit.

It will probably have some awesome special effects and crap :p

Ah, yes, one thing I loved there is how, after the air units crashed onto a ramp, the debris went down the ramp into the horizontal floor. I seriously hope they'll put lots of effort into those details :)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
they said they had their own physics engine in it. and I did notice when the building blew up, some of the debree fell down the ramp. so awesome.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
My computer is never going to be able to render these, though.

If you've played Command and Conquer 3, it's a tried and tested formula. Not sure how it's going to contribute to gameplay, though.*

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
However, how can one let pass the Black Hole and the Time Bomb effects of the Mothership.

So... Freaking... Cool!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm not big on the black hole, seriously seems to much like the Rift ability of the Scrin from C&C3. In fact the protoss is slowly looking more Scrin

I'm not big on the one massive powerful ship that can take on a whole lot at once. Even when Terran and Zerg get their powerful equivalent, I dont see the greatest benefit in including a mothership.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Me neither, it reminds me of WC3 heros ;)

Anyway, what's this scrin you keep talking about?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
A crucial addition to C&C3 the Scrin are an alien race focused on the harvest of Tiberium. Scrin are large genetically insect like creatures with advanced biomechanical weapons based on Tiberium. They possess a Powerful Rift Generator which opens up a hole in space and shoots anything caught in it into deep space.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think they should take out mother ship from the game..

Mothership... pfft the name doesnt even fit protss's theme.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
if you put it that way..

every games look like each other.. al the MMORPGs.. same layout, same format, just diff graphics and names...

=/

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Where are all these gameplay vids you guys are talking about? I only saw the two vids on the SC2 homepage, the cinematics one and the art/gameplay one...where are the others?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
In the ign.com site.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It is, because someone downloaded it from ign.com (or other site), and uploaded it there, don't you think?

It wasn'ton Youtube when I saw it. Which was like 24h ago or so.