It's not D3, but it's close

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
What would you guys think of someone taking Diablo 2 and porting (so to speak) the game onto the new valve source engine...

The idea is this: We would take everything in the current version of Diablo 2, spells, classes, areas, story, etc, and move it all into a real 3d environment. Also, this would enable playing with up to 32 people (or more, we're not sure yet on the max), instead of the old much lower diablo numbers.

We aren't exactly set to doing this, but Diablo: Source could be a possibility for me and my group to make... If you guys have any input on this idea, or ideas for us please throw it at us!

We can't make Diablo 3, but we can get pretty damn close.

-The Frozen Sun team (Not part of blizzard in any way)

Note: Diablo:Source would be a completely free of charge game.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
not a bad idea...that could be fairly interesting...although i warn you: they did a major upgrade to DII at genx...it didnt catch on well, u had like 20 new sets, tons of new uniques, monsters, skills, and u could even turn itno a frog (like trang owls vampire, get the set = transform) but yeah, it was a failure, i for one would have gotten it if i had dsl,

...its sad to see such effort wasted =/ coulda been great...

hiimjosh

Reaction score
I take it you don't mean to say it will be like WoW style play but retain D2/1 style click-a-thon? 32 sounds like an awful lot too for such a game.