Issues after returning to BF

Raya Wolfsun

Addicted to Mentats
Reaction score
It's been a while since I was active on BF, but now that I'm back a lot seems to have changed on me! So I have a few questions...

1. What's happened to my postcount? I can't remember exactly what it used to be, but it was at least several hundred. The only thing I can think of is that most of my earlier posts were in the old Arcane Sanctuary... could the deletion of that board have affected things?

2. What are these contest points that I rack up now every time I post? What are they good for? And what are these awards that are showcased under some people's names? (I imagine this must be explained somewhere on the site, but apparently I don't know where to look. :/)

3. Who gets Retired Staff badges? I did used to be a staff member - started the Arcane Sanctuary back when we had it, wrote its rules, was the first mod there - so, just wondering if I ought to have one.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out!

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
I ate the Arcane Sanctuary, sorry. :/
But the only thing that changed were a few board merges and their names. No threads were deleted, as far as I know. And since I was the one who did it, the "as far as I know" should be pretty accurate. Still, it could be that a few threads were deleted by others.

As for the retired staff badges: you get one of those if you announce that you don't want to be staff anymore. Did you do that? 'Cause if you did, then somebody forgot to enable your badge.

The contest points really don't do anything. They were for a contest ages ago to boost forum activity. The members with the highest number of points got real prizes. Nobody ever bothered to turn them off again. Not sure why, but I'm not going to mess with it. And the medals are for regular members who helped out the staff in some way.

Anyways: welcome back. Although you've obviously been around longer then me. Lol.

DirtyDog

Reaction score
:welcome: back!

All good questions with no really good answers!

The others here may be able to shed light on your post count. I wouldn't worry about the awards and the contest points as we are currently working on a new portal and revamp and it's highly likely that we will replace these with something more tangible and exciting!?

The current rules around retired staff are if you retired gracefully then you get a badge and have access to the staff forums but If you abandoned or left on a bad note then you don't get nuffink! (except maybe some abuse)

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
As for your post count, could it be from Placebo's rollback (an oldie help me out here)?

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
A lot has happened over the past couple of years, and I am truly surprised at your post count Raya. I think that some of your entries may have ended up in the archives somewhere or maybe a couple of rollbacks and all that during your absence. Somehow, even a lot of my posts were deleted, or else I'll be around 4000-5000 by now.

But I can guarantee that Raya has been a dedicated moderator back during the time of the Arcane Sanctum (2004-2005ish) and did resign properly, as always for someone who's always thorough in doing anything that's close to heart.

- Amantis

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
<3 Raya.

And her lost post count is not due to Placebo. Placebo is back in early '03. That was a long time ago.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Well the Asylume was deleted, like twice, but dunno if that would affect you much?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Never noticed that the post count was on for the Asylum. :eek:
It was, ages ago. I never noticed when it was removed, but i do remember people bitching that the post count was gone. It may or may not have been before it was deleted also.

jus' sayin'

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
Then this is probably caused by somebody forcing a post re-count in the admin panel. If that's done after the post count gets turned off in a board, then the posts made there don't count anymore in your "new" total post count. Seen it happen before. So if somebody did that after turning it off, then that means your post count drops.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
Tons of posts were deleted when eric deleted asylum

Raya Wolfsun

Addicted to Mentats
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses, everyone! :)

Yes, back in the day I did formally announce that I needed to quit being a staff member, and it happened in good grace. Short of others vouching for me (thanks Amantis and Renzo!), the only evidence I can offer are some PMs about it that I still seem to have.

I never posted in the Asylum, but I was around for the Placebo hack. Now I doubt it's what's responsible for my postcount (I posted a fair amount after it happened) - but this might be relevant: after the hack, my postcount had to be fixed "artificially" (the admins just bumped the number back up to what it had been before). I've noticed some other minor things rolled back on my account too... for instance, the correction of my username to "Wolfsun" (rather than "WolfSun") is lost.

Anyway, please let me know if there's anything further I need to do, other than bringing this to your attention!

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
Given the substantial evidence and vouches of trusted members, I've admitted you into Retired Staff; I've also admitted you into premium.

Congratulations!

Raya Wolfsun

Addicted to Mentats
Reaction score
Given the substantial evidence and vouches of trusted members, I've admitted you into Retired Staff; I've also admitted you into premium.

Congratulations!
I really appreciate it! I also see that my username has been corrected again, so thanks to whoever took care of that. :)

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Wasn't retired staff originally for actual staff members or the leader of sections instead of just moderators?

Off-topic but I couldn't remember.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
hey i was a d2 moderator back in 2006 wheres my retired staff badge