Is the phoenix good?

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it dies to quick and it is fuggin hella loud. And its annoying going into an egg every 2 mins and protecting it like your daughters virginity. (i dont have kids so i could be wrong)

I don't play humans and have only used the pheonix in main game and have never seen it to its full potential. so what i am saying is can it get you out of a sticky situation other than taking dmg.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
its got 80dmg with fast attack speed, what do u expect :D Still useful in raping those tankers like bears, knights, taurens, etc....

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well...if u want the bloodmage just for the phoenix then you probably shouldnt get him..however if you want the bloodmage for his other spells like flamestrike/banish/Sippon mana,then you should get him...and when you reach level 6 get the phoenix..

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
The phoenix used to be great for harassing, you could fly it over the trees when low on hp so the egg cant be killed until it respawns, but now the egg lands next to the trees not on top of them where it cant be hit. I'm not sure when they changed this, but I'm sure I remember seeing my phoenix egg sitting on top of some trees in an older patch

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
I enjoy picking a hero with a very good Ultimate. It gives me something to look forward too. BM's other attacks are OK I am not a fan of siphon mana... flamestrike is good.

FDM

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by quiksilver87
yeah AM's ultimate is even crappier...maybe usefull but not that fun
Blah! It's not a mass destruction spell, however neither is his aura and in my opinion Brilliance Aura is the best aura you can get! Water elemental is a good spell, they got up to 900 HP, deal 50 damage at a fast speed and you can spawn them with the same speed I shit after a night of smoking weed and boozing. Furthermore blizzard isn't my favorite, but you can kill off whole regiments of archers, casters or other back-up/ranged units, even too good since they damage capped it. Further cuz of the aura your casters can keep on healing, dispelling, slowing, inner fire, save units or hero's with invisibility almost unlimited. And, how I like to use it, your MK can keep on slamming/throwing bolts easily disabling their melee and their hero's.

So obviously AM's spells are good, saying it's ultimate sux, well like I said, it's not a mass destruction spell. However, learn to use it. It's cooldown is just a few seconds, mana cost low, just lure your enemy somewhere, mass tp around a few times, make him spoil his tp's so they can't run when they lose. Further, you can zap around the map real quickly or one of my favourites, make a unit invisible and spawn near his goldmine. His peasant are dead before he can do anything cuz his camp blocks his own army. When he arrives, you just tp back leaving his economy ****ed.

The best part, you can easily do this every few minutes. Really, don't underestimate mass tp cuz it's not a mass destruct spell!

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Never underestimate the Phienox, Im a Bloodmage master so I use his ultimate alot, if you think he dies too fast just get a pally to heal him and stall the death time. Otherwise Pheinox is a goddamn monster, able to attack (pretty much) two targets at once the Pheinox is quite brutal. The biggest edge the Phienox has is that its a flying unit. Use that to its maximum potential. Phienoxs sucks when compared to other ultimate summons (Infernal, Avatar of Vegeance) but its the strongest flying unit in the game, umless your opponent has AA they are screwed.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
imo best harasser in the game.

tip: go attack the enemy asap with some mortars and create a hole in the enemies forest lumber thing (preferably where they are not gathering lumber and near their town hall). later on once u have phoenix go bum rush them with it and kill like 2 workers or as much as u can and retreat to the little hole that u created. once it hatches again. repeat.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaldaris
Never underestimate the Phienox, Im a Bloodmage master so I use his ultimate alot, if you think he dies too fast just get a pally to heal him and stall the death time. Otherwise Pheinox is a goddamn monster, able to attack (pretty much) two targets at once the Pheinox is quite brutal. The biggest edge the Phienox has is that its a flying unit. Use that to its maximum potential. Phienoxs sucks when compared to other ultimate summons (Infernal, Avatar of Vegeance) but its the strongest flying unit in the game, umless your opponent has AA they are screwed.
As if i posted this omg completely RIGHT!If you go through my replays 80 % are with Blood Mage (yeah dont think that the hero is not worth) and you can see the nice bird.I like the phoenix it's devastating!

A single phoenix can own several gargs (once an UD quited saying 'wtf is that unit!!!') a wyrm,in the verybeginning when you own another human,by killing militia and some other units, it becomes great when you reach lvl6 and attack when the other has only rifles and footmen.What is more,you can heal an egg with priest,healing ward or healing well.The point in this?You want to escape or attack again,healing may save you a second to become a phoenix again before they kill it

XTC

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sure phoenix doesnt last that long but when he is alive and well he rapes. whenever my phoenix is getting low on hp i move him behind my meatshield so my enemy just not concentrat on the egg and if they are stupid enough 2 follow the egg and lose half there guys well then even better and gg

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
AM's ultimate is sooo cool. Phoenix is -okay- but it's not great.. I mean it is an instant gryph or summthn and it has good splash dmg..AM's ultimate is more useful and is a whooole lot of fun. You can just build a a building or place peasants around diff areas of the map and tele to each location over and over again..It's fun..!

Btw, I rock out in the Pre-FFA! Grahha

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
either way, AM has to be 1st hero (water elemental to tank in for rushes in Tier 1, and mass teleport is jus wonderful! you dont need TP! + Bril aura makes MK throw his hammer all around the map, and useful when ur going magical human). I recommand BM as 2nd or 3rd hero, cuz ur gonna have to have tanker... (MK/PALLY) or you can go magical by making BM as 2nd.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
i used AM's ultimate once and brought like 3 guys with me... wtf.... do i have to do something to make sure 24 come with me. cause i am not a big human fan

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
the problem with bm first ist that you will 75% chance lose to a demonhunter/warden/blademaster/dk/cl/beastmaster/mountainking/ and sometimes the brewmaster.

i would not suggest EVER using a spellcaster hero as your first hero unless its a summoner. imo the best way to go is am/mk/bm. archmage is essential for we earlyon and the moment mk comes out, he is a herokilling machine. i sometimes would stick in bm if im against orcs or night elves other wise i would use the paladin.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by quiksilver87
well...if u want the bloodmage just for the phoenix then you probably shouldnt get him..however if you want the bloodmage for his other spells like flamestrike/banish/Sippon mana,then you should get him...and when you reach level 6 get the phoenix..
He didn't ask about the Blood Mage moron... anyways, yes the pheonix is awesome high damage (magic!) fast attack speed, very nice and can take out human towers very quickly.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
also orc tower without def upg :D

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by noob_phucker
i would not suggest EVER using a spellcaster hero as your first hero unless its a summoner. imo the best way to go is am/mk/bm. archmage is essential for we earlyon and the moment mk comes out, he is a herokilling machine. i sometimes would stick in bm if im against orcs or night elves other wise i would use the paladin.
You have a point and it is true that 90% of hums use Am sinrad if BM but here are the points,besides phoenix that is good:

With MK you can own a hero very well and what about the other units?
To tell you, the 1st FFA before you came had been awful.I played with MK to kill a hero vs another hero but i couldnt do anything useful for the units like flame strike that helps me own- you cast it several times and the enemy loses against your upgraded units.Thats my point.And you with AM and BM, i think good for rush but not for FFA.Just my point

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
@ Darkmage

well i know that you mainly play 2v2 games and solo so you should really consider using a montain king THEN bloodmage (im saying this because i know that you favor both of them more than the other heros).

Mountain king is hands down tied for first place for best hero killer alongside the warden and blademaster and thunderclap is one of the few ways of doing magic damage early on in the game so you should be able to not worry about hunts/grunts/footies and ghouls early on so you can tech with ease. plus stormbolt compliments rifleman more than any other human spell available.

having the bloodmage as your second hero gives him a good chance that he will reach the lofty heights of level 6 if he is to stay in the back lines and spread his flame over and over again.

oh and stick in a paladin as your third hero if you have around 800 gold lying around or if you have an expansion or two. go light/shield/light/aura/aura/ultimate in this case because you want your meatshield of a mountain king to live through anything.

i also want to point out the fact that there is no archmage in this team because if you feel that you can get more units than the enemy then there is no real point in the water elemental now is there? also if you invest some gold into getting your casters researched then you wont have to worry about mana. hope this helps.