Is FT worth getting (as of right now)?

Minnesota

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been playing WC3 for a while now, but I was wondering if FT is really worth buying? It looks great, no doubt about that, but it doesnt looked like much has change, a few new mercenaries monsters; some new lords and stuff. It seams like $40 is a little bit too much for just a few new additions. Would your reccomend getting FT or waiting a bit, til price go's down?

Please tell me,
Thanks,
Andy

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
--

If you liked WC3 RoC, man..Then you can't go wrong with TFT.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
A few additions? lets see, 2 new units for each race, improving the game in areas ROC lacked and just can't make up (Like undead horrible ability at anticasters.) one new for each specific race, and 5 mercinarys, making 9 new heros to choose from. new specific upgrades for existing upgrades (berzerkers) new items and player built and controled shops.

Pretty cool maps, and tournaments. trust me, you'll probably not like it, but you get used to it. After you warm up to the changes, you cant stop playing. go out and get it now.

Minnesota

Reaction score
Wow, that sounds great!
I will check into getting it on eBay, it sounds totally rad.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah but the best thing about Undead is the new DarkArcher hero she owns with charm and black arrow and that life stealing skill its great especially when shes lvl 10.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah but nothing even compares to the awsome power of necros and skeletons especially when fully upgraded they r an unstopable force except for the orcs of coarse cause orc own all.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah it's worth it... the biggest improvements are the 9 new heroes and the player owned shops. Now every race has tier 1 healing.

Minnesota

Reaction score
This is a stupid question, but obviousley if you have FT, you can still use RoC maps, replays, etc. Right?

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you can bet your ass, but the crappy thing is you cant watch replays with a outdated patch.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
You can use the old maps if your run the old game. The new game doesn't accept old maps or replays, sorry.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aragorn7
You can use the old maps if your run the old game. The new game doesn't accept old maps or replays, sorry.
New games accept old maps, original LT is on bnet for solo right now, and I can load old maps.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
New games accept old maps, original LT is on bnet for solo right now, and I can load old maps.
Sorry, I meant custom maps. The normal maps should be fine. Most custom maps have to be remade for TFT since the trigger system has changed so much.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's worth buying.There are new campaigns that i consider to be more interesting.The continues: the blood mage in the ruins of Lordaeron, Arthas,Sylvana,Kel'Thuzad chasing the lordaeron refugees,new orc missions and the searching for Illidian-they are all great.I wished there were more than 2 movies bit the 2 are cool.I like them.
The melee maps can now bring the most interesting battles ever.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Yeah..FT is probably one of the best buys out there, I've been playing it most of the time when i do play a game..

But..Im wondering. How are we gunna know when the next part in the Durotar/Orc campaign comes out? o_O I'm really lost on that. I must know..I'm in love with Zexxar.