Is 3 early Barracks' a good idea?

WoodPencil

Reaction score
Ok, i usually play human, and my order is altar farm rax lumber mill bs then 2 barracks'.Should i tech instead of 2 barracks? :nooob

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Ewww... if you tech without any units or your enemy is under control, then its gg for you. Get some units and tech up, you can get a second barracks while its being constructed. These days I can last with just 1.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
3 barracks? I thought 2 was enough :p

ChrisH36

Reaction score
1 - 2 is enough. But that depends on what units you are planning on getting. If you are getting say Hunts and dryads.. you could use 1 Ancient or War and 1 Lore. If you are going bears and dryads... then you get 2 so you don't have bears interfering with the training of dryads.

Hazard_2u

Member!
Reaction score
ne is so imab they dont need 2 lores they just need 1 for bears screw the dyrads :frustrate

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You obviously never played solo before have you?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You should generally not need more than 3 of anything other than population structures, general base structures (Town Hall, Tree of Life etc, and even these might not need 3, because you probably won't have time), or perhaps towers, unless you are playing 4v4, 5v5 or 6v6 on large maps (in which case 3 isn't enough).*

ChrisH36

Reaction score
In 4 on 4, you can still get away with 2. If you ever play it, there aren't many good players.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I find it is incredibly hard to use 2 buildings that are the same on only one mine, because generaly there si no point. 1 is fine in the beginign, and then you get an EXP, and you want to pump out your full army u get 2

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I sadly agree to it. IF you get 2, you will burn your money fast without the money to get items and such.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Of course guys, only if u have expansion u can have a second building because if u don't, u will never have enough gold for tier , tech ......
I remember one of my strategies when I play NE vs HM against mass footies rushes, I build a second war ancient but I use only the first for training archers and when I'm attacked with this strategy I unroot the ancient and I attack the enemy (of course with some repairing help from my wisps). This unrooted ancient combined with alot of micro from archers and DH it workes perfectly against this type of rush:) .

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'd get 1 if I just need some early defense of footmen and rifles.

2 is for 2/3 of your army either footie, rifle or knight.

3 is overboard unless you plan on rushing hard.

I'd plan 2 if you are going to use knights later on.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The only exception I see to getting 3, is when you need many slow building units. But even then, its sorta lame and most people do that in 3 on 3+.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
AND IF YOU MASS DRYADS YOU GET 3 :D

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The only reason you needed to do that was the necros that guy was using. If I had rifle and morts, I could easily destroy it. But that is pointless, 2 is enough.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Lets settle this once and for all. At no point will you ever need to build 3 buildings just to produce units

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yes, problem is in fact solved. 1 for one gold mine and 2 for when you need to pump out, mixing units from that structure, or expo.

GenocideAlive

Reaction score
Um, if you want to rush someone with extremely cheap units until you overpower them, get 3 barracks.
If you want to get to tier 2, get 1 barracks and tech.
If it's tier 3 and you have another mine, you may want 3 of another a building to pump units / counters faster.

With only one mine, the odds of you being able to continuously produce units out of 3 buildings are very low. You'll need more income.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
2 Barracks for fast building units
3 Barracks for slow building units

A simple point, no?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
actually 3 barracks would pump out units faster if you have alot of expansions... LOGICALLY.

but its just dumb to make 3 when you can have 2 to make army pretty darn fast, you dont need like 2879827 units like in SC to own ppl, all you need is 12, or tad bit more.