IRONMAN THIS WEEKEND

Did you enjoy the Tourney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SweatyOgre

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
This Sunday at 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, There will be a BattleForums Ironman. We will meet in channel BF Iron on USEast at 8:00, where at 8:10 I will assign a tag which everyone must use in their char name. Everyone will create their new character and we will start the ironman.

Afterwards, I will post the results here.

You're entirely welcome to share your character build(no need to get exact) here for discussion. If you feel it necesary to keep it a secret, that's fine, and your spirit shall be crushed by my ultimate Ironman dueler. :)

The Rules
We will all join one party, doing all quests(including den of evil) and clearing all areas until we are all lvl 9. You may go past lvl 9, but to a maximum of 11, and you must stop lvling and go to Rogue Encampment immediately when the last person reaches 9. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.

Once everyone is level 9, we will duel, tournament-style until only one person is still alive. Interference with other duels besides the one you are currently involved in will result in disqualification. The fighting order will be posted once all competitors have signed up

Healing and rejuvination potions are BANNED from the duels. Please, to make it fun for everyone, comply with this rule, as I have no way of confirming your belt contents. To clarify, you are allowed to heal between duels, just not during.

Needless to say, CM and I will make the games as a further measure to prevent cheating by way of transferring items to characters prior to the competition.

Update
CM has agreed to head one group, so more than 8 people may compete now. We will divide into two even groups when everyone has signed up. CM will head one, I will head the other. The winners from each group will then fight each other.

CM also disagrees with me about the healing potions, so we've decided to let everyone vote on the matter.

The time has been changed to 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time TONIGHT. This could not be helped, and sorry to those it inconveniences.

shimshimheyxD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
r summons allowed?

Im in..
CHARACTER : assassin.. i might change.

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
prepare to get pwnzorifized by teh cmster ;) my battle assa is going to kick your asses (again :rolleyes) ;)

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
Im in, but can we do it on a different day or at a different time? I work 2-10pm on Sunday. Since my original post put this in motion, it would be nice if, ya know, PLEASSE!!!!

[Edit] My Elemental druid would spank you...
[Edit] No pots is a great idea. It allows people to take into consideration characters base stats. A poison javelin zon will think twice before throwing a spear when she realises she can only throw 4-5 before being out of mana. STAY WITH NO POTS!

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
I think all out war... no pots just brute force, that is key to the name, IRON MAN....

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
I give this Iron Man tourny to whoever makes a Poison Javazon and can properly spam and run, spam and run. I mean, dont worry about mana, you have 100 pots to choose from. Im sorry, but Endless Suffering is right, IRON MAN my anus...

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
No mana pots is ok... Should we start another poll lol? :rolleyes

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
On the question of compliance. I feel, when we lose, we simply conduct witch hunts. "He must of used Pots, he beat me!". Than we hunt them down and remove their testacles. Or, if we were mature, we simply comply with the rule. Is no pots really all that hard? How about instead of making a char with a high-mana consuming skill, you opt for something less powerful, but can spam. Hmm, logic is my lotus...

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
lolies WIng is gonna try this ?

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
Right before battling begins, the 8 men should have like 5 min to trade with eachother. This is just a thought I had. Ya know, since in Iron Man everyoen is greedy and will pick up anything that might be good for anyone else...

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Someone should run around to make sure they dont hear a *DODODO* pot noice..lol, and lets just say no pots...

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
If I were an east player, I'd join it. Pots (including mana) should be ban, not just healing and rejuv. The trading idea, I think, may also prove useful, and make the dueling more interesting. So in not so many words, I agree with Aqua-THF.

PS. 8 est is like 6 mt right?

BlueCheeseKilla

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
i dont like the lvl 11 rule and i dont agree with the no mana pots rule, it'll make it so barbs and other melee will have a big advantage.

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
Even if you are west u can make an acct on east 4 the time being.....i play west....maybe ill join...although ive never done one and i have no strategy what so ever....it should be fun :-/

SweatyOgre

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Aqua-THF said:
Right before battling begins, the 8 men should have like 5 min to trade with eachother. This is just a thought I had. Ya know, since in Iron Man everyoen is greedy and will pick up anything that might be good for anyone else...
I'm sure it could be allowed if people want to. Most ironmen I've competed in have had this, I just didn't think of it when I made the post.

UnsaNe

Member!
Reaction score
sounds like it would be fun, but pickit will ruin it

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
I agree, the pickit would ruin it. I think that there should be no pickit, and that people that run pickit should be discualified if they do run it. But thats just me.

(sry bout this but) I've changed my mind on the mana pot, in west, the proper mans duel has absolutely no pots (that includes mana) on classic, and I've been playing classic basically this hold ladder, except for a couple of months.

But I'm all for the ironman. Also I agree with bluecheesekilla on the lvl cap. I think that the cap should be lvl 15 (easily reached in a full game of 8 in act 1) if your doing each and every quest. But thats just me.

BlueCheeseKilla

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
thats not what i meant, i meant, it should be lvl 9, like a real iron man. That way, its not like if you dont get 11 you have a huge disadvantage, because what if someone has something come up and goes afk for 10 minutes, then they basically lose cuz they'll be lvl 9 and everyone else will be higher...