Installing Add-ons to your Zy-el Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Installing Add-ons Guide
By: Chris on Jan. 13, 2009

Should you get Zy-el working, and you are desperate for a maphack (which you need be careful using, as the WatchDog on D2M can pick you up using it - plus I think D2M and/or Kato will kill me for posting this information) - then follow some of these instructions to maximize your Zy-el experience.

I will explain how to do the following:
  1. Duplicate your Zy-el Directory, so you can use your main directory for Vanilla D2 or a Different mod
  2. D2Loader
  3. Maphack

Putting Zy-el into a Different Folder

Although this costs extra hard drive space (in fact, another 2 Gigs), this sacrifice will be beneficial should you want to play Vanilla D2, or a different mod like Median XL on D2M - but still have the Zy-el directory intact for future use.

All you need to do is:
  1. Make a subfolder in your Diablo 2 Directory, call it Zy-el or whatever
  2. Take both Game.exe files, all the necessary DLLS, and all the MPQs. Then copy and paste the entire thing into the sub-directory
  3. If you wish to go forward to 1.10, download the 1.09 Reverter from this thread. It contains all the untouched 1.09D files (you cannot use Zy-el on them, for the game will not recognize what version the game is). Simply copy the entire structure into your main Diablo II Directory, and install whatever patch you need.
Caution: Once this is done, it will cause your "Insert CD into Drive" error message to appear as German. As these files were taken from the German copy. The game will run in United States English, however.

Warning: Make sure that you didn't modify any files except the ones for the Zy-el install before you do this. It may screw up the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.