Reaction score
i belive DSL is broadband

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Blizzardman
I have worked for Blizzard entertainment for now more than eight years with the late legendary Bill Roper at my side. During my time I assisted in the creation of the original Starcraft, with Blizzard North for Diablo, and Warcraft II and III. I was going to work on the Frozen Throne expansion, about a year ago, when Bill and some other excs called me upstairs where the Vivendi reps work (We call it Diablo's lair). During a short meeting, I was told Vivendi decided it was time (ordered us) Blizzard began creating a new graphics engine. In much shock I discovered it was for Starcraft 2!
Now that more then a year has passed since that wonderful day in Diablo's lair, I feel it is time that someone from Blizzard actually tell our fans we are working RIGHT NOW on SC2. I do not think it's fair to leave you guys in the dark for so long; especially since we were going to tell the World in a trailer that would of been shipped with Frozen Throne. (Vivendi pulled it) Well enough about my back-story, Let's get to the details.
First off, Sc2 will be a fully 3d game. The Engine, while unique, will be similar to Warcraft 3, but will much improvement. A good example would be the code I am right now creating for deformable terrain. Sc2 will have full spectrum of Weather effects, some of the more unusual including Ion storms, Acid rain, and much much more. As units are upgraded they will change in texture and overall appearance.
Second, Sc2 will have six races. The old three will of course be brought back along with the Xel'naga, Niomus, and Koprus. The Koprus are the Zerg/Protoss hybrid creatures Duran was breeding in SC1. The Xel’naga need no introduction. The Niomus are a race of extremely advanced energy beings. Each race will of course have their perspective leaders; however, the Xel'naga and Niomus have yet to be decided.
Every race will have more than 50 total units to choose from all with vastly different themes. The Protoss have become more like terrorists, (instead of the mighty warriors they once were in SC1). The Terrans have taken a more aggressive role in the universe now having vastly upgraded tech to play around with (including fusion shields and portable nukes!) The Zerg will take a more middle ground role with vast unit production abilities and some greatly improved air. The Xel'naga, Niomus, and Koprus all will have special tactics; however, to this date they are still being designed.
Gameplay will be greatly changed in Sc2 versus Sc1. With now three resources to play around with instead of two and so much new tech, it will literally take months just to play will all of them.
Units can also be customized do to a completely new upgrade system. Battle Net is being completely rebuilt based upon a 10 Gigabit/sec LAN interface for all in server transfers with more than Five Terabytes of Storage for in-game cache, and various other items to assist gameplay and reduce lag.
There are many new features and changes/improvements, but it would take my hours to write them all and I think this is fitting for a press release. Blizzard is building your dream-game, you will just have to wait a few more years, but soon we will release that trailer you are all salivating over. (Count on the day of SC ghost's release!) And you will actually get to see a Xel’naga! But until then I guess this will have to do.
i love you, but too bad im not that kind of guy, answer me this, wil starcraft2 have heroes?

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
When it's going to be done in 2006, we would have hated SC and BW by then. Yes it's been like 6 years since it was released and people are still playing it to this day. But another couple years? I say death will come soon for SC.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
4 years after the release of StarCraft, I still had the same computer of which I started playing... A Pentium I 133... Not everyone will be able to play the game, only people wealthy enough to do so.

I don't think that'll be a problem to me, I'm already at college, and in two years I will most likely have saved enough money to buy such a computer. But, nevertheless, most of StarCraft players are under 18 kids that may not have the least chance of buying the computer. And that will be such a disapointement.

I believe when you say that the game will be the finest game ever made. Because it is the sequel of the finest game ever made ;)

Just one thing, WarCraft III minimal sistem requirements asks for a 128 Mb RAM. And, as it seems, SC2 will ask it too. However, it seems to be way more complex and able to pull your computer to the limit that WC. You say that in Battle.net the problem will be solved by the servers (which would require a tremedous powerfull server to be able to accompany tens of thousands of players). But, however, what about single player? Without the help of Battle.net, will SC2 require 1024 Mb of RAM in order to run smoothly? That's quite a huge requirement...

And what about the graphic board?

DemonChild

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Blizzardman
This is why Starcraft 2 will require a 3.0 GHZ processor as a minimum. This is why Starcraft 2 will require 15 GB of free space to be installed. This is why Starcraft 2 will require a 128 MB graphics card. Not because we want to shut out our fans, but because we want to deliver one of the finest games ever created.
You are still playing Starcraft almost six years after its release in 1998. We want to make another game that you will still be playing six years after its release.
Question, why would we have to be forced to get a 3.0 GHz processor on a game that will be out in two years when you know damn well that any computer with a processor speed of at least 1.0 GHz should be suffice to run games that are to be released in the next two years. WC3 only needed 400 MHz of processor speed to operate, but since you work on internet coding, I wouldn't expect you to know anything about the specs of a computer or the programs that they run. :rolleyes

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
good, my boys will ****ing freak if this was warcraft in space

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
so you have any ideas of new units yet?

DemonChild

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, I would say that this thread no longer has a purpose to serve since Blizzardman has been found out to be a fraud who made up more BS stories and excuses after another.

Now if a staff member would please send this abomination to where it belongs or better yet close this thread, then I would appreciate it.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
he a ****ing prick who spent lies and shit, just close this ****ing shit

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
So, what has happened after all?

And I'll leave it here, you quoted him, so people can read this later.

But cut the flaming ;)

DemonChild

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Why? This thread no longer serves a purpose. All of Blizzardman's posts have been edited to one word posts. (except the at WB.org to which you can see how full of BS Blizzardman really was)

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I'd like to know what happened too.

I was going to use this thread as an excuse for a new comp with 5 gig dual processors each, and 2 gig DDRAM, plus monster video and sound cards.
Let alone the T1 line I was looking so forward to.

Wah !!!:usad

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i new he was lieing no matter how bad Blizzard is they think of other peoples connections

Status
Not open for further replies.