I'm sorry, Daryn...but...my Hell Knight > your orcs

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Thejanitor said:
That must of been souless then, but I believe some said about it being copied from a video game.
Hey, **** you. Hows that for intelligant?

Would you guys stop crying and bitching then making up and starting it all over again? Nothing is original anymore. Deal with it.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
THE BADGER said:
By the way, looking through old threads to find those quotes I found this:
http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?t=87630

Are you still doing 3D stuff J'Kar? If so, continue doing that. If not, stop doing fantasy art and start doing that.
Yeah, I do 3D stuff in Lightwave at school, but I'm out for the summer. When school starts back up, so will I.

THE BADGER said:
I've been to highschool and paged through teenager's "sketchbooks". So yeah...I agree with you that fantasy art can be fascinating. I've got books here on my shelf by Boris Vallejo and the Brothers Hildebrandt. I'm not going to draw connections between their work and yours for obvious reasons. They paint in an obvious imitational style despite the fact that their work depicts fantastic subjects. I think that if you seriously would like to pursue fantasy art you should build a stronger background in imitationalism...as I've been saying all along.
When you say imitationalism, do you mean just imitating styles and subjects of other artists, or imitating real-life? That's one thing I haven't quite comprehended. If you mean imitation of other artistic styles, and reproduction of detail to form my own unique patterns and stylistic devices, I wholeheartedly agree. I doubt it is precisely what you mean, but I've been just tonight making some sketches paralleling some of the card art on some Magic: The Gathering cards. The Myr to be exact. Okay, so it is still fantasy, but it's getting more realistic. The proportions and detail are nigh-perfect as far as structural accuracy is concerned.

However, I do plan to go through my Gerald Brom book and see some of his styles. His characters are a bit muscley, but...pretty lifelike. Perhaps I can learn something from him. Again, it's fantasy, but that is what I'm GOING to be doing, because it is what I am interested in. I'll do real drawings of a woman, if she has horns and is a demoness. It's just my style. Case in point, the avatar I had for a while. I'll attach it to this post in case you missed it. I did that, and am proud of it, for it looks about as good as I've ever made a human face.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Imitational art portrays real life subjects.
Nothing is original anymore. Deal with it.
Way to not read the majority of the thread and then have the ****ing nerve to comment.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Way to not read the majority of the thread and then have the ****ing nerve to comment.
It wasn't directed at just you. It was directed at the past 4 pages of flaming going on about god knows what, and a major point was shit being original. Like I said, it's not going to be original, so stop bitching about the originality of it.

TheJanitor

Aka ORC-r0x0r-ROC
Reaction score
Hey, **** you. Hows that for intelligant?

Would you guys stop crying and bitching then making up and starting it all over again? Nothing is original anymore. Deal with it.
Righto the whole "OMG STOP CRYING" , thats great. It takes pages for 3-4 people to start to argue in a reasonable manner, you said something("bitched") about the origninality of it and I replied. Now you are saying to stop bitching about the originality of it? We're past that if you haven't noticed.

CB you seem to like the computer graphics side of things, it doesn't mean everyone should convert to your stlye :).

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Janitor person who i now love said:
CB you seem to like the computer graphics side of things, it doesn't mean everyone should convert to your stlye .
Case Closed .
and Amen.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I've never told anyone to do computer graphics. I wish people in this forum would learn to read.
4 pages of flaming going on about god knows what
Yeah, god knows what. You would too if you'd read it. But then I guess it's easier to see the word "originality" on the first page, assume that's what the thread's about, skip to the end and post.

TheJanitor

Aka ORC-r0x0r-ROC
Reaction score
Are you still doing 3D stuff J'Kar? If so, continue doing that. If not, stop doing fantasy art and start doing that.
A program called lightwave 8.0.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Oh no, it's about real art, real styles of art, how your piece was percieved as emo, then it wasnt, then it was a joke, then digital art was better than conventinial art, how his isnt anything because its just a sketch, how his lacks depth, how yours lacks depth, how both of them are unoriginal. That about sums it up.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
A program called lightwave 8.0.
Because his question was about UV mapping a realistic model. If he were doing random abstract shit with Lightwave I would tell him to stop that too.
Oh no, it's about real art, real styles of art, how your piece was percieved as emo, then it wasnt, then it was a joke, then digital art was better than conventinial art, how his isnt anything because its just a sketch, how his lacks depth, how yours lacks depth, how both of them are unoriginal. That about sums it up.
Maybe you read it. I doubt you did, but I don't know or care. When you comment on one thing that was discussed several pages back and make it sound like that's what you think the entire discussion is about it makes it sound like you didn't read it.

TheJanitor

Aka ORC-r0x0r-ROC
Reaction score
If not, stop doing fantasy art and start doing that.
stop doing fantasy art and start doing that.
I've never told anyone to do computer graphics. I wish people in this forum would learn to read.
That was my point :(.

Souless, this thread probably has more posts in it than any other on this page. Believe it or not, most of it isn't spam but arguing about art, so you have a problem with that? I can't imagine why.
EDIT: Actually: It's got the 3rd most posts in anythread in this forum, if you reply souless, that'll make it second.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You have to read the context of the original thread to understand. You can nitpick if you want, but the thing you're quoting isn't urging him to take up computer graphics, its urging him to adopt a more realistic style, or to at least try something new. My reasons for telling him to use lightwave have little to do with the fact that it's a computer program and more to do with the fact that he made it sound as though he was doing more realistic work in it. Plus lightwave has a fairly high learning curve, and can produce things that look a lot better than what he's been doing. It's in the interest of education, not in the interest of doing "computer graphics".

TheJanitor

Aka ORC-r0x0r-ROC
Reaction score
Well, It's a part of computer graphics and you seem to use programs on the computer, I apologise if the link I made was incorrect. I suppose to support your point you also asked him to try immitational art although I don't believe degrading fantasy was the right way to go about this. This is when we were behaving like children though :).

This thread has more posts than any rate a pic thread. =/ It can't be that bad and pathetic.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Funny how it's one of the shittiest pictures in all of RaP too, huh?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Now that was uncalled for and against the civilized flow of conversation. All people who are acting like gentlemen...disregard him from now on.

TheJanitor

Aka ORC-r0x0r-ROC
Reaction score
Funny how it's one of the shittiest pictures in all of RaP too, huh?
I have seen much worse. You were commenting on the conversation, now you change it to picture. Why don't you stop posting here?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thejanitor said:
I have seen much worse. You were commenting on the conversation, now you change it to picture. Why don't you stop posting here?
I agree. Does anyone here actually care about this guy's opinion? I'm not even sure what the hell to call him. This is like his third username in this thread.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
So I've changed my name a few times. Funny, cause I was once the Mod of this place. Ahh, so much fun would have been had with this thread had I still been the mod. And no, I didn't get booted, I resigned.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Oh, I wasn't gonna say that. Dude, I don't care if you DID get booted. I just don't like you much.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Liking me has nothing to do with the fact that this thread shoulda been locked a long time ago. Or at least split out the ass.