I'm sorry, Daryn...but...my Hell Knight > your orcs

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
J'kar the Dark said:
I am working on other poses. Chill out and simmer down. Don't get all worked up. I never realized my artistic abilities and habits were such an important factor in your life. :D
You were the one who called me nuts and who got all worked up, not me :)

And why do you guys add 2 spaces when ending sentences? :S

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Erm...it's the grammatically correct thing to do. Two spaces between sentences. You're not native to English are you?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
J'kar the Dark said:
Erm...it's the grammatically correct thing to do. Two spaces between sentences. You're not native to English are you?
No, but meh... Ive just never seen anyone do that.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
First of all, most web browsers don't recognize multiple spaces.

Second...
And yes, his orcs would fall like flies at a swatter convention against my Knights of the Deep.
You're justifying your "art work" by saying that the character could beat up another character...? Okay, whatever.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i might just decide to draw something..

i need to see if i am at all as good as i was 2-3 years ago... when i was decent...

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
First of all, most web browsers don't recognize multiple spaces.

Second...

You're justifying your "art work" by saying that the character could beat up another character...? Okay, whatever.
He said that my pics aren't > Daryn's orcs. The thread title was mostly in the character-sense. By his saying that they weren't, I defended by assuring him that yes, my Knight most definitely IS > any of Daryn's orcs. Capiche?

Zerglite

Reaction score
J'kar the Dark said:
He said that my pics aren't > Daryn's orcs. The thread title was mostly in the character-sense. By his saying that they weren't, I defended by assuring him that yes, my Knight most definitely IS > any of Daryn's orcs. Capiche?
this is in "RATE A PIC"

his orcs ( pics ) were > your Knights ( pic )

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I understand that viewpoint, but this is in Rate A Pic because that is where drawings go. The simple GFX Land doesn't really cover simple drawings, as far as I can tell. I have told you my intentions for the thread.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
To boast a shitty picture and say that it owns someone elses? Shoulda done that in the void.

Kitty

Reaction score
:wavey:

It's in the right place, yeah. As for boasting, that's not really against the rules, I kow you don't like it but hey, the point of this thread was the artwork anyway. Pwease get back on topic kaykay? Thanks.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The thing that strikes me the most about this piece is the brilliant imagination behind it. When it comes to large armored, horned things, this picture stands alone, exuding individualistic genius.

MacMan

Reaction score
The thing that strikes me the most about this piece is the brilliant imagination behind it. When it comes to large armored, horned things, this picture stands alone, exuding individualistic genius.
I agree. It's so refreshing to see something original for a change.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Hush guys. As if lonely looking pieces supposed to be all emotional and expressing some inner pain or something was any more original. "Oh I'm gonna close my eyes, look downward, and press my hands to my head as if the emo pain inside is going to cause it to explode. Oh, I'm so lonely, and the entire world is bearin down upon me."

Guys...it takes much more imagination to come up with all those little details for his armor than it would ever take to have someone looking downward with his hands on his face. Stop talking about what you don't understand.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
That picture is totally about my inner turmoil. Using the same logic your picture is about your inner...blandness?

Zerglite

Reaction score
J'kar the Dark said:
Hush guys. As if lonely looking pieces supposed to be all emotional and expressing some inner pain or something was any more original. "Oh I'm gonna close my eyes, look downward, and press my hands to my head as if the emo pain inside is going to cause it to explode. Oh, I'm so lonely, and the entire world is bearin down upon me."

Guys...it takes much more imagination to come up with all those little details for his armor than it would ever take to have someone looking downward with his hands on his face. Stop talking about what you don't understand.
its only an outline

at least CB's is nicely shaded

MacMan

Reaction score
J'kar the Dark said:
Stop talking about what you don't understand.
You're right, I don't understand. It's like your art is on a whole other level of greatness, a level of greatness my mind can't even comprehend. I might have said some cruel things, but only to try and shield myself from this brave new world in front of me. You are master of your domain, and I am but a lowly serf, forever doomed to try and make sense of this crazy new reality you have forged from the tip of your pencil. Right is wrong, good is bad, black is white. I have seen your art, and it was like a flurry of passion and intensity speaking to my very soul, screaming, "Everything you know is wrong!" I have seen your art, and I have looked upon the face of God. I don't think I'll ever be the same again. Thank you, J'kar the Dark.

Zerglite

Reaction score
MacMan said:
You're right, I don't understand. It's like your art is on a whole other level of greatness, a level of greatness my mind can't even comprehend. I might have said some cruel things, but only to try and shield myself from this brave new world in front of me. You are master of your domain, and I am but a lowly surf, forever doomed to try and make sense of this crazy new reality you have forged from the tip of your pencil. Right is wrong, good is bad, black is white. I have seen your art, and it was like a flurry of passion and intensity speaking to my very soul, screaming, "Everything you know is wrong!" I have seen your art, and I have looked upon the face of God. I don't think I'll ever be the same again. Thank you, J'kar the Dark.
i cant stop laughing...

so horribly funny

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
lol, guys.

"My inner turmoil"

How cliche and unimaginative can you get? What I meant was: the picture does not express some deep inner meaning. If you expect every drawing somebody shares on the internet to be some great spiritual journey, then you are not being reasonable, and you are talking of things you don't understand. Just as I imagine your artworks are a creative outlet for you, so are mine for me. They aren't expressing my inner anything, unless it's my inner creativity. And by creativity, I mean imagination.

Yes, Hell Knights, and Soldiers of Hell, and Dark Paladins have been drawn and drawn again, but the subject is still creative when you make one that looks the way you want it, and not like everybody elses's, and you feel a sense of pride for it. I am happy and satisfied with my creation, and I delight in sharing my personal successes with the world. Tell me, are you happy with the work you post?

Edit/Afterthought: Yours is to represent your inner turmoil, and yet it is simple and undetailed. It works for yours. It makes yours look good. I like the picture, don't get me wrong. I just must laugh when you speak of it as some great act of artistic genius, showing tremendous insight into your own psyche and such. By the device you used, my Knight would represent my inner complexity, where not one facet is completely devoid of detail. The entire picture is rather simple as a whole, but when broken down it is full of things that take a second look to see. Such is as it is with me. I guess you could say that I am the knight. And that would make you what? A sad, lonely, and depressed-looking man who lives his life in shades of simplicit grey?

Zerglite

Reaction score
J'kar the Dark said:
lol, guys.

"My inner turmoil"

How cliche and unimaginative can you get? What I meant was: the picture does not express some deep inner meaning. If you expect every drawing somebody shares on the internet to be some great spiritual journey, then you are not being reasonable, and you are talking of things you don't understand. Just as I imagine your artworks are a creative outlet for you, so are mine for me. They aren't expressing my inner anything, unless it's my inner creativity. And by creativity, I mean imagination.

Yes, Hell Knights, and Soldiers of Hell, and Dark Paladins have been drawn and drawn again, but the subject is still creative when you make one that looks the way you want it, and not like everybody elses's, and you feel a sense of pride for it. I am happy and satisfied with my creation, and I delight in sharing my personal successes with the world. Tell me, are you happy with the work you post?

Edit/Afterthought: Yours is to represent your inner turmoil, and yet it is simple and undetailed. It works for yours. It makes yours look good. I like the picture, don't get me wrong. I just must laugh when you speak of it as some great act of artistic genius, showing tremendous insight into your own psyche and such. By the device you used, my Knight would represent my inner complexity, where not one facet is completely devoid of detail. The entire picture is rather simple as a whole, but when broken down it is full of things that take a second look to see. Such is as it is with me. I guess you could say that I am the knight. And that would make you what? A sad, lonely, and depressed-looking man who lives his life in shades of simplicit grey?

you take yourself way to seriously, relax, and you might realise something... thought im not sure what

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I keep forgetting that people don't get sarcasm over the internet. The picture isn't about my inner turmoil. I was simply playing off you calling my painting "emo" and reading way too much into it. My entire point is that fan art doesn't take much talent or creativity. You can argue that if you want, but pretty much anyone with a background in art will agree with me.