I'm sorry, Daryn...but...my Hell Knight > your orcs

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score

Any questions? The avatar of the Sin of Pride smites the entire legion of orcs you tried to own me with.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
sorry, but Squee > all..
as is Pepito...

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
umm...no. Actually, my dear friend...this guy owns one seventh of Hell. Your little people can't touch him. And btw...make the pics a little smaller. Most of them don't load...

Zerglite

Reaction score
J'kar the Dark said:
umm...no. Actually, my dear friend...this guy owns one seventh of Hell. Your little people can't touch him. And btw...make the pics a little smaller. Most of them don't load...
actually.. pepito kills people with his mind, he is the son of the dark lord, but he also goes by many other names

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hehe.. i sent you a pm with each individual link. let me know if that helps or not.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Uhm, actually, Bloodmatters drawings are a lot better. Yours are at like a 6th grade level with 0 shading and no posing.

GG though

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thanks.. but i seem to do better when i look at something. I cant really just think of something off the top of my head, and draw it.

i stuff i doodle with are like the kid in the last few drawings in my thread, like the one where the kid is surrounded by the aliens. i copied that, but my doodles tend to look more like that.

Kitty

Reaction score
The armour is great but the pose seems kinda static. It says absolutely nothing about the character at this point. :-/ A more dynamic pose would make him seem more menacing. You're gonna shade this right? ^^

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Eventually, yes I do plan to shade it. And I'm also working on a different pose, too...something that does him justice. A side view, kind of like a pic I once saw of Nightmare from Soul Calibur 2.

And Souless...I rarely bother to shade, and this was a concept pic of him, no real posing. I agree wholeheartedly that Pains has it all over me in posture and depth, but my detail is my power. Plus, I do more with sharp, precise lines where as his is very sketchy. I like what he does, those Orcs are the bomb, but...I prefer my own style, as I am sure most people tend to...(prefer their own styles, that is...not prefer mine; I'm not THAT conceited!)

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, im a bit more "sketchy", like ill move the pencil back and forth even when making a straight line, or any kind of shape. I cant just "draw" a contour. I always start with an eye or something, and then everything just falls into place from their.

also when i shade, ill do like an arm, and when im bored with that, ill move to a wing and work on the details of it, and just move around the drawing until im finished.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Bloodmatter said:
Yeah, im a bit more "sketchy", like ill move the pencil back and forth even when making a straight line, or any kind of shape. I cant just "draw" a contour. I always start with an eye or something, and then everything just falls into place from their.

also when i shade, ill do like an arm, and when im bored with that, ill move to a wing and work on the details of it, and just move around the drawing until im finished.
you were at my house drawing something... and i swore it was a bee from the angle i saw it at...

it ended up bieng a wizard of some sort... wierd how you did that

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Man, ya'll always movin mah posts bitchez!1!

So, yeah. That picture's really good. Will you do a portrait of me? Provided I have horns, have big teeth, and carry an enormous sword it should turn out pretty well.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
lol, CB. Was that sarcasm? Or genuine appreciation of the picture? I never can tell with you...:D And sure...using the above criteria, tell me what you dig, and methinks I could draw a Celestial Badger.

Diatenshi, I know that you mean. Sometimes when I start on something it looks SO much different than how it turns out, or at least it used to before I began to use outlines to layout the picture pre-composition.

And to Daryn: Yeah, the sketch-style suits your work, and believe it or not, I do the exact same thing; you could probably tell in that pic of the Hell-Angel I PMed you. I repeatedly draw the same line as I go, it steadies the hand and allows for greater control. Plus, I have a habit of pressing down too hard on the pencil and making it nigh-impossible to erase. But anyway, the reason it doesn't usually show in the finished drawing is because "A" I erase the sketchy lines and "B" I press down harder after most of the outline is done, thereby subduing and eliminating the sketchy outline.

MacMan

Reaction score
J'kar the Dark said:
lol, CB. Was that sarcasm? Or genuine appreciation of the picture? I never can tell with you...:D And sure...using the above criteria, tell me what you dig, and methinks I could draw a Celestial Badger.
Heheh... heh... heh heh... heh... ... ...heh... woooooo!

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
seriously, your pics dont > bloodmatter's orcs, but too bad he just copied it from WC's artwork, your hell knight looks ugly tho.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Now NtRik...I can not figure you out. Sometimes you commend me, sometimes you flame me. Which is it? You blow like the wind, and that is not an attack on your sexual preference.

And yes, his orcs would fall like flies at a swatter convention against my Knights of the Deep. Since you don't bother to give me any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, I am forced to discount your opinion.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
J'kar the Dark said:
Now NtRik...I can not figure you out. Sometimes you commend me, sometimes you flame me. Which is it? You blow like the wind, and that is not an attack on your sexual preference.

And yes, his orcs would fall like flies at a swatter convention against my Knights of the Deep. Since you don't bother to give me any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, I am forced to discount your opinion.
Ok, just look at him, he looks like someone who just masturbated and feeling all fuzzy and stuff.. just looks odd, especially his leg areas,

edit

I believe Kitty said my mind earlier in the thread.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I will admit that his pose is static, and I have never been great at drawing legs, but he is most definitely not a warm and fuzzy kinda guy. You're nuts.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
J'kar the Dark said:
I will admit that his pose is static, and I have never been great at drawing legs, but he is most definitely not a warm and fuzzy kinda guy. You're nuts.
if hes not, then fix it.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I am working on other poses. Chill out and simmer down. Don't get all worked up. I never realized my artistic abilities and habits were such an important factor in your life. :D