Im looking for a good clan to join, with web page and ranks...

Remiraz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by AKA-47
Haha, im not talking about progRammers, i mean progamers! Sponsored proffecional computergamers who play BW for money. In korea, starcraft is a sport, like basketball or football in the US. Millions of people watch live games on the TV. Koreas 3 largest TV-channels are broadcasting starcraft 23 hours a day! These gamers make a living of playing BW!
IMHO I think being paid to play is complete crap.

I always used the term "pro gamers" to described people who play the game seriously and competitively but not necessary for money. (oh there is fame, glory and the joy of discovering new ways to burden your opponent's already stressful existance)

But I wished I got the 23 hours a day SC channels though.
T.T

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Well if u stop playing money maps u will see that BW is so complicated it takes years of training and thousands of games to get good at it. It is much harder to get good at BW than many other sports, so i dont think proffecional computer gaming is a bad idea.

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
Ha ha o thought u ment programers not pro gamers its pro gamers not progamers c.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Ok manofhonour. this post might be REALLY FRICKEN LATE. but. go to channel 'Clan Dark)Legion' (DL)

Talk to a few people and they'll test you. We have a site. Rankings etc. Pretty cool stuff

My username in bnet is 'WindBlade(DL)'

DoS_Zeratul

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am looking for other clans that want to organize tournaments and such...Our clan have tournys every week but we need outside players so there are no routines that take place.This is a solution to make both ou clan and other clans more active,Reply here if interested or you can send me a private message.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
getting another clan involved would help set up an alliance between the two, and bring two large groups of people together instead of slowly accumulating members.

If you have a clan of 20, and you have a tournament with another clan with 20 members, don't you think that would be a little better than going out and recruiting 15 newbs who can't put up close to a fight instead?

In my experience as the former leader of DoS, I can assure you that if you make a 'Clan Recruitment' game, 99% of the time you get all newbs joining. And even then, that 1% of the pros don't always want to give up their name with 6512 wins. Records don't mean shit unless you have the skill to back it up. Why not use a new account with low scores so people will underestimate you even more?

Only thing high record accounts are good for are A) Playing Ladder games, and B) Proving to people you aren't a newb when you join an 'X-Perts Only' game. However most people in 'X-Perts Only' games are in fact newbs themselves, and would be glad to think you aren't a threat to them :)

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
arnt u f0dor ? didnt u just change ur name ? and 99% of ppl in newbs games are pros!

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Yeah, I had my account name changed, but this is fend0r.

No, 99% of people in newb games are newbs. What the hell would a pro be doing in a newb game? Getting better?
Pros don't really waste their time in 'Newb Only' games unless they feel like doing something while making dinner, or watching TV, or sleeping, or if they're training a friend.