I'm coming back..

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Albeit I'm not sure for how long, but I'm starting up WoW again. I decided it's time to give TBC a go. I'll be rolling a BE Warlock. Felguard looks so sexy. ^^;

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Felguard are horrible.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Felguards are teh suck now. Something else Blizz just HAD to **** with :(

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Don't play lolock, they're easy mode.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Felguard sucks? Why? All the vids I watched made it look bad ass. Oh well, I can still go destro or something. And I'm not going to play on a BF server. You know me..I go where my friends go. Back to Maelstrom, again..haha.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Oh, it's true, lolocks and hunters are the easy mode classes of WoW. It could be some fun, of course, but meh, I prefer some chalenge in every fight or I'd be bored to death.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Mages are pretty easy mode though too.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Oh, it's true, lolocks and hunters are the easy mode classes of WoW. It could be some fun, of course, but meh, I prefer some chalenge in every fight or I'd be bored to death.
I have just as easy a time if not easier with my priest, and those are supposedly one of the harder classes. The classes are more balanced than you think.

For warlocks, they are the class with the lowest armor score in the game, and can't top a Mage on the DPS scale if we tried. It takes more skill than you think to be a successful warlock in PvP or in PVE.

As for hunters, they are incredibly overpowered in the 1-18 or so range. After that, it's as balanced as any other class (in reference to PvE).

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Lol, tronga I've played shaman to 60 and that was easy to me..it really depends on the person. ^^;

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
To be honest, the hardest class to play is probably the rogue. Mage is not that easy to master, but it isn't the hardest, true ;)

The only sucky thing about the warlock, really, is that it has no threat control.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Demonology + Pally is about all the threat control THROUGH MAGIC we get.

But once you get used to the way your warlock works (of course you have to get used it every 2 levels or every level after 60) you know when to wand and when to nuke. You also have to learn how good your current MT is :p

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
High level WoW is all about team play, indeed. Jason, try leveling your shammy to 70, instead of starting a new one. I do love TBC so far :)

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
For warlocks, they are the class with the lowest armor score in the game, and can't top a Mage on the DPS scale if we tried. It takes more skill than you think to be a successful warlock in PvP or in PVE.
I'm sorry, but the primary form of armor you have until level 70 was Demon Armor, which increased your armor, and made you regen even while in combat, while the primarily used Mage Armor provided 0 armor, 15 resist to all schools of Magic, and 30% mana regen.

Additionally, from what I've seen, most Warlocks tend to have higher armor than Mages due to class-specific gear, and all Warlock-specific gear has much much higher +sta.

Lastly, your damage is going to vary depending on your spec. If you're still affliction, I wouldn't expect to be top on the damage charts, however if you have an Imp Scorch Mage combined with Destro-spec, you should be a good 4% or higher on the total damage done charts if you both are comparatively-geared.

As for Jason not rolling on Hakkar, my only response to the OT in this thread can be.
.............. _@@@__
......_____//____?__\________
- ---o--------CARE-POLICE----@)
-----` --(@)======+====(@)--

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I'm with cort.

Theres a Lock in my guild that does around 15% more dmg than anyone in our guild in Kara. Granted, I'm (was) imp. scorch so his dmg skyrockets, but seriously, if you're not in the top 2 as a lock in DPS then you need to reroll.

Like I've told you before. You obviously have no real handle over the class because all you ever do is say how bad they are.

BTW; Warlock Armor buffs > the shit out of Mage Armor buffs. Not to mention you have damage mitigation through talents, a godsend of a healing spell and a godsend of an instant mana back. Oh, and you have a pet to boot.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yes, that's why I say lolock is easy mode. Obviously, you have to master it, but mastering a lolock is by far being more powerful than any other, except, perhaps, the hunter, ex equo.