If god is all powerful

WilliamDell

Member!
Reaction score
Website
lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com
Well the Bible itself is not a fake because it is taken from actual writings of people in history. Now whether all the stories in it are correct and accurate or not is questionable, but I would say that most of it is.

RiX

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
thelazyshopper.wwdb.biz
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
Once again, I ask you...

HOW THE FU|< C DO U KNOW THE BIBLE IS NOT A FAKE?

u are telling me to just look at the bible and to believe... that is asking too much
the post above me just owned you

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
how do u know it? do u know what fiction is?

Do u know that there writers out there that make up stories and sell them really good?

How the hell do u know the same does not happens here?

Damn is it so hard to understand?

If u prove this to me, and yes, I want it proved, cuz if I cant believe in thing on Earth I can not believe in anything like a God

Prove this:

Bible is not fake.

Jesus has no twin(s).

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
YOU CANT KNOW IT, THAT'S ALL. YOU THINK YOU KNOW, BUT YOU ONLY BELIEVE BECAUSE SOMEONE LIKE YOUR DAD OR YOUR MOM told you so.

Here let me say it like this...that whole quote you contradict your self and appear as a hypocrite...by saying that "means nothing else than you can never be sure if anything you know is really what it looks like" you yourself are denying the existence of this sentence creating a paradox
correct, basically the sentence itself is a paradox, but the sense of the sentence is definately true.

Well the Bible itself is not a fake because it is taken from actual writings of people in history. Now whether all the stories in it are correct and accurate or not is questionable, but I would say that most of it is.
why would you? because you learned it that way, you dont know it, you didnt question it, it was hammered into your brain and so you dont have a own opinion about it

WilliamDell

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Actually I do question things, that is part of my job as an intelligent human being. I listen to the readings and gospel at church and I have occasionally read the Bible and I read into the writings to distinguish what the writer was thinking when the words were originally written. When say most of it is true, I really do mean it, for instance, I don't think the Apostles would just go making some of that stuff up. In order to see what I'm talking about I would suggest reading the Acts of the Apostles and the letters of the different Apostles. Those things give some insight into what those guys were thinking.

elfstone

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You people are silly. Nothing in the bible can really be confirmed or denied. I say this because the original copy has not been found(correct me if i'm wrong). If there is no original copy that can be referenced the the bible is a copy.

Why is this so important? Although there may exist an all powerful being called god (I think there is), we humans are flawed. As flawed beings we make mistakes like say recopying the bible wrong, or mistranslating the bible.

If the bible is sexist, or racist, or any other ist out there, then maybe it was made that way by human hands.

Every contradiction that is in the bible therefore may be due to copying errors.

One more thing some religions have a little thing called penance. It comes before forgivness. An unsimplified form of this process would be 1. sin 2. i'm sorry 3. I accept punishment for my sin 4. forgiven.

elfstone

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The theory that we are some sort of alien hybrid makes little sense to me. although some genes seem to be doing nothing, they all correlate with the general idea of evolution. Some genes that seem to do nothing in people do work. For instance the Hox genes are a set of genes that are usually active in early formation of people and other creatures. These genes are inactive for most of our lives.

One last thing don't confuse science with atheism. Although science is not concerned with things outside the physical universe that does not mean sciense says god does not exist.

Bandages

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
good point punk rock yam. To answer these questions, ppl first have to understand the origin of where they came from. Do any of you know the bible well enough to quote scriptures on any subject you need help on? Some of you may disagree with me, and that's fine, but the Bible is a "crap, my life sucks, I need advice to change my ways" kinda book. God had it made so we could look into it, and study it, so it can help us with our lifes. Some of you may also ask, "how do you know that the bible wasn't just made by other ppl way back when?" To prove the authenticity of the Bible, all of you who have read it at least one time through must have read about some of the profecies fortold in it. All of them came true, and history has proven it. The flood for example, why do you think wooly mammoths are found frozen in solid blocks of ice? Another one can be the account of Sodum and Gomorrah. These two cities defied god, the reason being their perverse sexuel ways. God sent angels to try and have them turn back to serving him, but in the end, after many tries, God sent his last warning, for all of his true worshipers to get out of the twin cities. All those that heeded his words lived, which happened to be just 1 family. Sodum and Gormorrah were "consumed in fire and sulfer from the heavens". To see if it was real, historians went out to where the two cities used to be, and found nothing. They were there, other cities told of their ways in their history, but the fact that it was not there, not even a pebble, proves god is real. But if you still do not believe, do all of you know of ancient Babylon? Have any of you heard of the person who overthrew it? His name was Sirus, and he was fortold by god in the Bible book of Isaiah 200 years in advance. He even told of how he would take Babylon. And in Job, there is a verse saying "there is one dwelling over the circle of the earth". Did you get that? The cricle? People as late as the 1400's believed the Earth was flat. It took Galilo I believe, it might have been someone else, to finaly prove it with human eyes, when all he had to do was read the Bible. The first part of that verse says "there is one dwelling over", or in other words, there is one living over the Earth, which is God. All you have to do is read the Bible, and if that doesn't do it for you, get some historical background on the stuff you read in it.

WilliamDell

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Do some of you realize that the Bible actually is comprised of many different people's writings and stories fromt the past. Not just one person suddenly wrote the Bible. It is just compiled from ancient text and is translated into English by people and there can be some errors when translating ancient Hebrew into modern English. The fact still remains that the many different books and letters in it are written by people who experienced the events or were written by people who were told about the events by one of the Apostles or someone else who witnessed the events.

WilliamDell

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Why do you say that? Maybe he has decided to finally let humanity fend for itself for a while and see how it likes being left alone. The lack of faith found in many people is kind of depressing, but I still say if you are a good person that is an important thing. Be on the side of what is good and just and you will come out on top in the end, even if it is after death. I firmly believe that good is rewarded and I strive to be an overall good person even with my bad behavior at times, I don't make those behaviors into habits.

nOObster

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think this is a battle won for the Christian side. Won for the side of peace, and rightfullness. You shouldn't question the bible. Period. The bible warned us christians of people such as FoRGed,
who require proof to even come close to believing. Another thing that came true. No offense to you, Forged. I just find how you could have such little faith in anything unusual. All I can really do is pray for you, and hope you let go of your ingnorant requirements for faith. I apologize.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
For **** sake, its all bullshit...

Why should I not question the bible?

because it warned of people like forged?

come on, there was, is, and will ever be people like that

And more, as elfstone said, there are still genges that are not used.

Do you really think that we are completed?

We must evolute so damn much...

Its truly pity that people are fooled, but I will give up on u damn god believers... WAKE THA **** UP

OniSyphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
For **** sake, its all bullshit...

Why should I not question the bible?

because it warned of people like forged?

come on, there was, is, and will ever be people like that

And more, as elfstone said, there are still genges that are not used.

Do you really think that we are completed?

We must evolute so damn much...

Its truly pity that people are fooled, but I will give up on u damn god believers... WAKE THA **** UP
It's ok to question the bible or any religion's history and course, but to pick at every little thing just makes your efforts seem vengeful and pointless...the bible was written by men...many men... so of course it will be imperfect because man is imperfect.

fub33

Member!
Reaction score
stop your quarreling children GOD (me) is here. Live in harmony and smoke weed everyday; its ok: its au naturele! unless you're smokin da chronic: that shit be kickin!