If D3 Went MMORPG

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
If Diablo 3 were to transform into a MMORPG, much like World of Warcraft, what would you like to see done with it? Random spawning monsters? Guild housing? Professions? Quests/tasks? Property ownership (houses, boats)?

I'm just interested with what you guys would think to be interesting if D3 were to become WoD (World of Diablo).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally speaking, I would like to see D3 (as an MMORGP) wide open. I would love to be able to travel anywhere at anytime. No walls, no corny rock barriers, no gates into seperate environments (Guild Wars). I just want to run all over and discover the areas of the world on my own. I would also like to see dungeons and enemy barricades and fortresses added. The Prime Evils could spawn on the bottom of a certain dungeon every 20 minutes or something, but make them very difficult so that a party would be required to take one down.

Another thing I would LOVE to see added - Professions. I think being able to mine and smelt and forge your own equipment is unique and entertaining. Also, taming mounts and other animals/beasts would add another interesting aspect to the game.

Instead of gaining levels, I think it would be fun to gain karma instead (Ultima Online). The more good tasks you complete and the more monsters slain, the higher your title and reputation becomes. On the other hand, the more sinister acts you commit would change your title and reputation into more of an evil character.

Another idea I had from Ultima Online, is to have your own property. Nothing better than having a little house on Tristram's outskirts :D It also would be fun to own a boat, so you could sail the Twin Seas and visit the Amazon Islands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways, I want to hear YOUR ideas.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
It would be pretty much the same thing as WoW. Only with Diablo chars and a diablo setting.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
If this is the way it will go, I would not play, because it is most likely going to be PtP. Which I can not stand.

The games that are MMORPG. are indeed great to play, but, me being a broke ass bitch, can't afford it so .... their goes me playing a D3 if it happens this way.

IDEAS:

Start off with a huge battle outside of a fortified town. You would have at minimum 100 NPC monsters trying to gain access into this said town, while every new character will need to defend it. Great way for a new character to lvl IMO.

Be able to go back to tristrum and go back into the temple that was overrun with evil back in D1, this to would be great to lvl find items learn the ropes of the game in here.

Visit homelands of every character class present and old. I would personally love to see the necromancers, and the castle for the Paladins.

Steeds to ride on. Paladins would get Stallions, Necros would get NightMares, Maybe the Druid can get a Bear, or a lion, Zon a gryphin, Barbarian some powerful animal but slow like a Ox, Rhino, ect.

Every town has their own styles of weapons, like the Assassins would have a katana, Barb would have a two hand long sword, ect.

A banker in every town, he will be the NPC middle man to store items, gold, and to have trades so no one gets scammed. Could even advise you on what is a good item for trades.

NPC's that are not playable till your character reaches a certain lvl, almost like a hidden bonus.

Mercenaries that are more or less characters from D1 & D2

A Rouge class, where you can lockpick (good for trapped chests) finding secret passages, stealing from dead bodies.

Tall N White

Member!
Reaction score
WoW sucks ass.....those games are horrible. If blizzard made Diablo a MMORPG i would kill myself. Besides what would be the point of owning boats and houses? There are these things called waypoints.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Venice_native said:
The only thing I could come up with is that it probably wouldn't be named World of Diablo.
Hah :rofl2 If D3 is a MMORPG, then I think many people will try to destroy Blizzard..Its not going to be a Morg and if it was..who cares whats in it, it would be BAAAAD.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Tall N White said:
WoW sucks ass.....those games are horrible. If blizzard made Diablo a MMORPG i would kill myself. Besides what would be the point of owning boats and houses? There are these things called waypoints.
Well, since you support Larry the Cable Guy, and are obviously a moron, we can only hope that they make it an MMO:grunt

Tall N White

Member!
Reaction score
Like it matters said:
Well, since you support Larry the Cable Guy, and are obviously a moron, we can only hope that they make it an MMO:grunt
Well since you are a dumbass considering it's Ron White not Larry the Cable Guy maybe you should end your life or get your comedians right...Thanks!

Jacks

Reaction score
If he's referring to the quotes in your signature I think the first is Ron White and the second is Larry the Cable Guy, but I might be wrong.

Secondly, what's so wrong about an mmorpg? I've beta tested a few myself, and dropped the thing the second it made me pay to play. Personally I can't stand pay to play either, so I'm with you on the anger there.

However, pay to play is a very beneficial style for a company to have. It provides a solid base of income, as long as they keep it updated, compared to the games such as Diablo 1|2, Starcraft, and Warcraft 2|3, which provide them with money once.

Sometimes you've got to look at it from the company's point of view. They only make money while people are buying the game. Then they've got to deal with servers so people will actually buy the game (to play online). Then, they've got to pay employees to maintain the game, the server, and create new games that they can sell so they can have the money to afford all this.

Pay to play is actually a very good system, and I'm almost willing to pay Blizzard to play WoW, because I like the company and the games it puts out. It'd be sad to see Blizzard die because no one wants to give them money. Of course, you've always got to watch and make sure they don't get greedy on you.

Then, of course, the game better be worth paying to play it or it's no deal.

Personally I hope they make D3 free to play like D1|2 but due to aforementioned things I have a sinking feeling it's going to be P2P. Unfortunate, really.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Tall N White said:
Well since you are a dumbass considering it's Ron White not Larry the Cable Guy maybe you should end your life or get your comedians right...Thanks!
Oh, forgive me for getting a few idiots mixed up. They arn't comedians, they're moronic rednecks who go on stage and talk about retarded shit.

Tall N White

Member!
Reaction score
Like it matters said:
Oh, forgive me for getting a few idiots mixed up. They arn't comedians, they're moronic rednecks who go on stage and talk about retarded shit.
Dude you need to just stop talking....All comedians talk about retarded shit, and guess what it's funny and they are making more money then you are saying your stupid ass retarded comments on this forum.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Not all comedians talk about retarded shit, only the shitty ones.

Go cut your wrists please.