Idea's For SC2 Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

dP

Member!
Reaction score
crazy flying infested thing on fire

that should be a zerg flying thing. they dont have enough flyers.

A

avian304

A super groud unit. sorta like heros but very hard to get

Zerg.
Ultralisk Mutation (ungrade gives u the ability to mutate one ultralisk into a megalisk or smth)

What it does is that the ultralisk has to go to an empty vespise gyser and mutate over it. during this entire time is has to be constantly fed with minerals from atleart 8 drones. the entire process would take up to 10-15 minutes. however the finishing result would be a megalisk. incredibly strong and fast. however while it is mutating over the vespine gyser it is extreemly vulnerable, a few shots from a marine can kill it. (because of all the vespine gas within it) thus it was to be constantly protected by a huge army. also it takes up alleat 20-25 food

pretty much the same for terran except one can only change one goliath to a super goliath. (need at leat 5 scv's to constantly build and repair it

protoss a combination of 5 dt with 6 templars . summoning process takes at least 10-15 min, super archon.

Marador

Member!
Reaction score
Well ultralisk mutation would be good for sc expansion maybe but doubt theyd do somethiung like that in sc2 prolly something more advanced but yea thatd be cool, we dont even know if they will use minerals and gas anymore lol

Goliath[SGL]

Reaction score
Website
www.battlefourms.com
Since I love Goliaths and all, there should be a upgrade for the Goliaths Twin Auto Cannons! Maybe like, explosive shells, or something. Also I think the Goliath should have a bit more health, like 130 or something (I dunno). ALSO I think the Goliaths should have an Increased Range upgrade for his Twin Auto Cannons aswell. Also I think the Goliath should look cooler, like in some of them Pictures...

GOLIATHS OWN EVERYTHING (Even tho in the game they don't)

Goliath[SGL]

Reaction score
Website
www.battlefourms.com
Heres a good Zerg UPGRADE. I think It'd be cool if when non-zerg/flying units enter the creep, the ground non-zerg units will have movement speeds reduced to like 30%.

For Protoss, I think a good UPGRADE would be that instead of Interceptors blowing up once the Carrier is destroyed, they move into another Carrier (But theres a limit, say 16?)

And for Terran, there could be a 'Call to Legs' (lol instead of arms)
that you could upgrade for your Goliaths to be able to squish Zerglings.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Please do not double post, edit the post instead.

Zornor

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
O_O'' Don't hurt me!

OK, I have a few suggestions from the top of my head. I know they won't be used but I just want to share my ideas.

Anyway, there should be a unit in Terran, it's just like the Dropship in the Alpha/Beta stages of SC, it bombs stuff, but the drawback is, it has a weak anti air weapon and the bombs are fairly expensive, but it's still fast anyway. A Terran Falcon could be the name...

For Protoss, there could be a fast vechile. It rams into infantry with a psionic thing on front to kill them take off half of their HP (eg Marine has 28/40, but the HP would then be 8/40). It has two drawbacks. It has veeeery low HP and once it runs into a non-biological unit it explodes, but it does completely destroy the vechile that's rammed into. It wouldn't do much to structures, so it's more like a defense weapon. Well, I'll call it the Protoss Basilisk, I guess.

The Zerg's new unit could be the Zerg Montalisk. If the names at the start of the 'lisk' Zergs have a meaning then it should be something different. It would be a long range shooter. But, it would shoot something like the Reaver. But, it can go over cliffs and water. The bad things about it would be that the unit things would be expensive and fairly slow.

Plus, an upgrade could be Robotic Implants for the Dragoon that makes them faster.

Goliath[SGL]

Reaction score
Website
www.battlefourms.com
OHH!!!! For the Terran you could upgrade the Nuclear Missile to be a Apocalypse-class instead of a Tactical!!! But, It'd be VERY expencive and only one allowed per player/per game.

Ohh yah, I like your idea about the Montalisk, cause I think Zerg need a ground seige unit instead of having to use the Guardian..

Zornor

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I got the idea from that stupid butterfly smiley. :butterfly

The Zerg should have a butterfly thing. It evolvesfrom a scourge and shoots a powerful glave wurm, but it only goes to one unit. It would be fairly slow, faster then a guardian though, but a slow reload time.

Galidator

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmm.. too many units and unit upgrades.

BUILDINGS!! BUILDINGS!!
why not have two types of workers. Example:

SCV does basic buildings and those other type
|
V
New Unit: <you make up the name>
Built From: Command Center
Req.: Academy, Science Facility attatched with Space Contstruction Center
Unit Cost: ????Minerals ????Gas Supply ???
Creates: Super Advanced buildings and it can add onto
goliath[sgl]'s idea, a super nuke.

So on as with the drone and the probe. i dunno if its a good idea.

Zornor

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
As for an actual building, there should be a toilet and it shouts out FRED everytime someone comes near and they instantly die, and it has a mobile mode and it has 9999 health, 9999 sheild, 255 armour, 9999 damage and 9999 bonus. And it's for Zerg.

LOL, I'm just kidding.

ThyMuse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Call to Legs will not work. Do you know actually how big a Zergling is? It's almost as tall as a Human. Plus it's carapace prevents it from dying easily of bullet wounds. Have you seen how many rounds a Marine has to put in a Zergling before it'll roll over dead? A shit load.

Now a Goliath is probably twice the size of an average man. It will weight more than a ton yes but it is not balanced enough. It operates on two legs. If it trys to squish a Zergling, all the Zergling has to do is to rear up and make the Goliath topple over. If this was a tank we're talking about, then it might work. However, since this is a Goliath, it will probably topple over and get ripped to shreds before it can squish a six foot tall ****roach.

The Apocalyspe classed nuke would never happen. There will never be a unit that can only be used once in a game. It's just inconcievable. Expensive yes but not a restriction like that.

Secondly, the Terrans banned mass destruction nukes because of previous incidents. They wouldn't go about manufacturing WMD nukes just because the tide of war's against them. It's not like they're going to become extinct, their position's not that hopeless. The next thing they need is another accidental nuclear explosion in their silos and have an ourpost and leagues of land become infested with radiation.

I'll stop before I start getting pist.

K0r34n Jja Shik

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by ThyMuse
They wouldn't go about manufacturing WMD nukes just because the tide of war's against them. It's not like they're going to become extinct, their position's not that hopeless.
Ah but they actually MIGHT be extinct.

BTW, Terrans have huge nukes, Protoss have that huge beam from a carrier-like aircraft... What's the zergs Super Uber Weapon of Destruction??

E

EZ_Ryder

I read a post about terran not having a powerful enough melee unit, i have a thought on this, the only real problem is with firebats is they arent very strong, their damage is good they just die too fast, why not have a new terran unit like a goliath that uses dual flame throwers. Otherwise, a terran unit with a real shotgun that does splash damage, except the splash works like the lurkers and the archons combined, with the most dmg being at the front and bullets into the distance do far less.

Status
Not open for further replies.