Idea's For SC2 Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Master_Blaster[HH]

I don't want to turn this into something of a fight but oviously you misunderstood what my post was about. Let me say it nice and uncomplicated. I'm explaining the balance effect of SC and giving examples of the balance. This might give some people ideas for posts and then we can really expand. And My name is based of a popular game for the NES please refer to it as such.

:madatu

Sniper GTX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
For the terran they should have a sniper unit that would walk aroud with a crappy little pistol but when they deploy the'd pull out a the sniper rifle and have the range a siege and would have both hollow point and anti tank rounds. :shoot

Also a new race the has been actors of old where Joan Rivers is still alive and instills fear into all the races :shocked and dick clark will still be hosting the rocking new year's eve party till the end of time so they can finally raise elvis from the dead.:D

MysticX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"Most of you don't understand how this game works."

Heh I understand what Master_Blaster is saying... and I have something to say...

Everyone here is just posting some cool stuff, well most people lol. This is just for fun posting what cool units could be like in Starcraft 2, and other ideas. Everyone isn't adding stuff about how to balance it, but they are just adding some stuff of the top of their head.

Of course if some of these ideas would suck if there wasnt a balance... but we are just posting some cool stuff :D

Alright I got an idea :O....
Marines guns should get like heated up... (like in Wolfenstein... that Stem gun... if you shoot it too much it gets heated up) and you would have to wait like two seconds for the gun to cool down

Sniper GTX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
um a it takes about 4 minutes to overheat a gun in burst fire and sadly that's about 3minutes and 30 seconds longer then the average marines life expentancy in battle.

MysticX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well... lets get into more of a futuristic world... a gun could get overheated faster than four minutes lol (bigger guns)

Apple

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.4pp13.tk
A terran unit that can go into ur buildings and take em over. thatd be pretty... fun...

Sniper GTX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well this isn't really a new unit but a new version of a new one the ghost supposedly the master of infiltration lol it's about impossible to get him in the enemy base and for a guy with a big ass gun and that looks like a sniper he sure is a crappy sniper so first he becomes a good sniper then make it easier to infiltrate like the ability to climb cliffs and swim also he should get the optical flare ability which if you don't know makes it so detectors can't see you when cloaked and should also be able to see invis so he can watch for enemys and should be able to destroy bridges the other teams could rebuild though scv's useing girders toss using a light bridge and the zerg would make a fleshy rope bridge but back to the ghost even though with all that stuff it'll be still harder then hell to get in the base so when or if you do that they're isn;lt that big of a pay off because currently the nuke sucks doing only 500 dmg so they should improve it. (note my dad is a munitions expert so bout to pull a whole bunch of military terms on you) the nuke should be a MOAB Daisy Cutter Fuel Air Bomb combination :rollie which means the a 120 T bomb will come down purposely leaking extra fuel then igniteing it it will split apart into 4 15 T bombs and 1 60 T bomb in a square formation then being a daisy cutter it will blow up about 10 meters above ground because about 50% of the blast would have been wasted creating a big ass crater now it'll be rainin that fuel fire the shockwave will carry the fire in a GIANT FLAMING TSUNAMI but it's a nuke so it's radipo active thus it will be a GIANT FLAMING TSUNAMI THAT'S GREEN *sparckle*sparckle* :D

CLAN_RP_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.ninjadude.proboards22.com
Ive been trying to post stuff, but it keeps messing up i think its because i type too much in one reply so ill type bit by bit. I think vehicles should be customisable. If your willing to take the time to customise before just building it that it. Like u could add different weapons to tanks and vultures and and wraiths and stuff and they could change weapons in battle. Also someone said something about marine switching weapons, well i think marines should have to swithc to a different battle suit to get a different weapon, and different suits could be kept in different buildings but marines trained longer could jus swithc weapons saving time and minerals

CLAN_RP_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Perhaps goliaths could just change form altogether like go from a walking position remove its machine gun arms put out more flexiable longer arms and go on all fours with a heavy gun on its back and be very fast. You would have to research different forms and weapons for all vehicles. U should be able to upgrade more then attack and armor, but like everything for the weapon. develop armor peicing bullets, a gun that shoots faster, thicken armor in one area of a battle suit, add more ammo per clip, upgrade stimpacks, develop a visor to go over the face so u can see farther and thus shoot farther, and so on

CLAN_RP_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Also you should be able to run out of ammo. For protoss u could have longer energy blades and more concentrated energy blasts and zerg could develop ridges on claws and more areodynamic spines for shootin'. Perhaps zerg claws and stuff could break and u could take em to a zerg building to regrow them. U should be able to teach skills like stab rather then cut with claws and blades and aim for the head, teach a ghost to automatically lockdown when it sees a mechanical unit, and teach units to go after stronger units first. Like a group of 12 marins could be marching to an enemy base and they meet with 4 enemy marines and 2 goliaths and they all go for the goliaths first.

CLAN_RP_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
The scorpian idea is cool, but maybe it could have a special long range attack like shoot acid out the tip or fire or sometin like that. Or stick its tail into the ground and and when it comes out it hits an enemy.

CLAN_RP_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
I also thought of super buildings. Like one buildings u start with at the beggining of the game. Terrans could have an ion cannon, that shoots large blasts at the enemy base destroying everything in its blast zone. A drawback could be the attack could be hit back at u. Zerg could have like a giant form of the sunken colony, with a giant tentacle shot underground and comes up destroying something in the enemy base and could do it several times as to make it equal to other super buildings. A drawback could be the tentacle could collide with an undergound shield and be hit back doing damage to the building itself. Zerg could also have like a giant form of the spore colony, shooting a giant spore at an enemy base and haveing a plauge effect on everything it hits, killing some things. It could be hit back at u though. Protoss could have a warpgate that automatically opens rifts to anywere on the map without having to build there, usefull for transering men straight to enemy bases. But enemy units could travel through your rift also as long as its opened. Protoss could also have like a huge photon cannon, jus shoots giant energy balls at the enemy, doing severe damage. This could also be hit back. Shields could be build to defend these attacks. For terran they could have steel shields above and below ground, zerg could have organic ones, and protoss could have energy ones. These sheilds cannot last forever of course

Sniper GTX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TREMBLE lol ok i like all your ideas cept the changing of weapons and customizing tanks because those were my ideas GOD DAMN IT lol well ok but I still like my idea of THE GIANT FLAMING TSUNAMI OF ... DEATH!!!!!!! (see page 16) or perhaps have ghosts be more ninja like like havi a GINORMUS WHIRLING BLADE OF ... DOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!(DRAMITIC MUSIC HERE)

coming soon to upscale conveince store near you
:D

CLAN_RP_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
hey man the changing weapons and customisable tanks werent your ideas! wut an ass. and scv's are the most important thing. u massing scv's is the way to go man minerals are ****ing important! and gas after all sniper u suck man.

Status
Not open for further replies.