I think b.net can detect maphack...

XShadowKnightX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok heres the story...
im all playing my game while being rushed....
im about 2 have hell baal killed then....
my window switches to my desktop n a window pops up n says:

"we have a big problem here :)"

it closed my diabo...
i think thats b.net detecting maphack...
and no its not a hack cus my friend was using a computer right next to me....

Misterwhippy

Member!
Reaction score
unless blizz really really wants to they cant detect maphack, personally i think they could care less about it...

YeoKeh

Battleforums OG
Reaction score
all i get is my window switched to desktop its an error in maphack
and it doesnt say we have a big prblem here lol it says UNHANDLED exception and closes d2

Placebo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Map hack is client-side and the only way Bliz can detect it is if it scans your computer internally but that is illegal unless they put up a notice.

The only way to block maphack is to put a super hard to crack polymorphic code in each map so it can not patch, but it would stop it for 2-3 days or even 2-3 hours.

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
we have a big problem here, that really fuc|<s me on!!!
is this message from maphack, d2hackit or the game? IT IS ALL THE TIME JUST OUT OF NOTHING!

Arkhon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I get that same msg
"we got a big error here"
i believe it's got something to do with either maphack or d2hackit, even tho i dont have d2hackit installed anymore.

just live with it.

Jungle_Ninja

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I had that same problem a couple weeks ago... D2 crashed and the same error came up "We have a big problem here" and then i couldn't log onto battle.net for 2 weeks. It kept teling me that I had no modem connected.

howard

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think this might be from the maphack that you downloaded, it could be buged or it could be blizz (very, very small chance) but ya never know they are getting more hightech everyday, or it could be d2hackit, although i have that i works for me so i dont think its d2hackit but ya know thats just me :D

punk rock yam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i have to agree with misterwhippy

thats not a big problem at all right now
think of other huuuuuuge hack problems
besides all maphack does is show the map, the quest places, and shows monsters and crap

Shayde

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i posted this before

Maphack cannot get you banned, Here is how Maphack works:

1.) Right when you join a game, you are at the loading screen, ever wonder what it was loading?
It is sending you the map information which will be temporarily stored on your PC.
2.) Now as you are in the game and you press the "-" key it lags a little bit and reveals automap for the current act you are in. It takes the information that is on your PC and tell your PC that you have explored everywhere in that act, when you really didnt your PC thinks your did.
3.) How would Blizzard obtain this information?
They would have to illegaly gain access to your computer and some how find out that you are using maphack. But, in the ToS there isn't anything stating that Blizzard can have access to your computer, therefore they cannot obtain the information on your computer revealing that you have revealed everywhere on the map legaly
4.) If you are getting banned it is not Maphack, unless you have stated in a channel/game that you use maphack, some one can send Blizzard a screenshot of you saying you use maphack, and there is a possibility they will ban/mute/IP ban you.

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
whre's a good site to dl legit maphacks??