I suck at tech so help me out!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
So, I was thinking of getting myself an eReader, or a Tablet of sorts, something I could use to read .pdfs or office documents, as well as taking notes on them. Sort of taking it to classes kind of notes.

Would not mind if Internet'd be available, but I'm not looking for anything super fancy that allows me to find the nearest supermarket in the middle of the Sahara.

So, what's a relatively cheap (max €750ish - $1000ish) Tablet computer one could buy currently? And which of the OS is best?

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
So, I was thinking of getting myself an eReader, or a Tablet of sorts, something I could use to read .pdfs or office documents, as well as taking notes on them. Sort of taking it to classes kind of notes.

Would not mind if Internet'd be available, but I'm not looking for anything super fancy that allows me to find the nearest supermarket in the middle of the Sahara.

So, what's a relatively cheap (max €750ish - $1000ish) Tablet computer one could buy currently? And which of the OS is best?
if you're looking for an ereader or tablet that will do what you describe you won't need near that amount of money. USD you are looking at $200-400 for a great one. That is unless you are looking for something to replace your computer.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Myeah I shouldn't have mentioned the money as I just copy&pasted this from Facebook where my European friends are. Everything tech from America is quite more expensive in Europe. Taxes and bull****.

Be that as it may, I've been recommended the Ipad 2 which supposedly does what I do, but I really am not interested in a ton of apps I won't use. Is the Ipad good a for a non-tech person like myself?

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Myeah I shouldn't have mentioned the money as I just copy&pasted this from Facebook where my European friends are. Everything tech from America is quite more expensive in Europe. Taxes and bull****.

Be that as it may, I've been recommended the Ipad 2 which supposedly does what I do, but I really am not interested in a ton of apps I won't use. Is the Ipad good a for a non-tech person like myself?

the ipad is good but I personally feel it is too limiting. I'd rather have a netbook or something of that sort. But it's a good choice for the average user other than being overpriced

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
So what would be something like it but not so overpriced, any idea? I hate paying for the brand as much as anyone else :d

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That actually looks pretty nice, I was checking out Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1, but that one might be a good option as well.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Apologies for the double posting, but I had to tag this as unread:

I went to a store to actually physically check stuff, and both the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the ASUS are lovely, but the problem with that ASUS is that it does not support 3G. That said, since I may actually do a lot of field work I wouldn't be close to any WiFi network, so that is a big minus. I'll probably go with the Samsung.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Blackberry has a nice tablet I think. I actually really don't know anything about tablets :/

Dell has that flippy laptop lol.