I rolled a mage...

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
And what build wouldn't give you guys a bad name? Frost? I seriously laugh when i see a mage pull out a water elemental. No one specs for slow, etc etc.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Water Elemental improves our dps by 50% for 45 seconds every three minutes. It's really good. But it doesn't give huge 5k, 6k crits, which is what people notice.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
CB, hunters are good PvP. You just have to learn how to PvP with them. If you're MM specced, start out on your target with Aimed Shot, while clicking Multi-shot as you cast aimed..that way when it goes off your multi will right after..it's called Aimed Shot Multi-Shot Autoshot combo or some shit.. but its fast DPS.

Then, if you have imp concussive shoot him with concussive and it will daze with a chance to stun for 2 secs. And you keep wailing on said target..eventually he'll reach you and you run by with a Wing clip (imp wing clip helps for stun) and kite him till you have distance then aimed shot again..he probably will be dead by then if not sooner.
And don't forget to pop off a few Arcane shots when you don't have a second to stop ;) Never underestimate instant casts.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Yeah but the generalisation that PoM/Pyro mages are nub is pretty bullshit. It might be a cookie cutter build but it's the player behind the toon that matters.
I'm not saying they're nub, I'm saying they're weak. Example, my ex-guilds new active mage, secondary mage tank on Gruul, has 6.5k hp when he raids, FULLY buffed. Thats with fort, MOTW, BoK. However, his +Fire damage is +1200 BEFORE a flask, and he's 9/49/3(Doesn't have imp fireball for the extra damage. Or something like that). Scorch debuff + trinket popped fireballs crit for almost 7k, and the incenerate damage on that is insane. Get a boss to under 20% and he does the highest damage I've ever seen in a sustained situation.

It's absolutely disgusting how strong he is, though he is Min/Maxed out the ass. Every piece of his gear has nothing but +9spell dmg gems in it, but eh.

When he "pvps" (which he doesn't) he only has like 4.5k health, because his +stam is so incredibly low. Seriously though, he rocks the shit out of a PoM/Pyro mage anyday of the week.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I know that hunters are in general, but I'm specced beast because like I said I really didn't give a shit for this character. I wasn't going to be doing any pvp so I'd rather not go MM. I'll probably respec at 60 or 70.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
And don't forget to pop off a few Arcane shots when you don't have a second to stop ;) Never underestimate instant casts.
ie: kiting

I know that hunters are in general, but I'm specced beast because like I said I really didn't give a shit for this character. I wasn't going to be doing any pvp so I'd rather not go MM. I'll probably respec at 60 or 70.
Honestly with TBC you can spec MM for leveling and do just as well as BM now. Most people go BM for BW/TBW and you don't even get that til 41 talents..so ya. But meh..both specs are nice in their own ways. Preference really.