I rolled a mage...

Reaction score
i roll mages in the verbal sense on my rogues, haven't been beaten by one in a while

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Shammys are abusive nowadays, yes. My shammy is already 28, will eventually level it more.

Mages are so god damn weak nowadays it's even not funny.

Jenny!

Public Relations ADDministrator
Reaction score
can you level with elemental? I made one and everyone told me to go enhancement.K Y?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
You can level with Elemental, but need to know what to do. It's not recommended, imo, for a simple reason: You're going to need to buy loads of water :p

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Enhancement is for meleeing, Elemental is for casting.

Casting gives you more dps, but you need to break a lot more.10/40/11 is what a lot of people do for leveling for some reason, but I'm thinking only 5/41/rest

Jenny!

Public Relations ADDministrator
Reaction score
**** that. I'll stick with buying the alcohol for COOL MODE.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Ok so since my mage is only 14 I could easily just reroll. I pretty much want to get a really good pvp char and I'm wondering whether it'd be best to stick with mage or go a different class. If I rerolled I'd probably lean toward shaman.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Shammys are abusive nowadays, yes. My shammy is already 28, will eventually level it more.

Mages are so god damn weak nowadays it's even not funny.
DOT DOT ****ING DOT

*****ing mage's Pyroblast crits you for 5k
That same mage instantly casts another Pyroblast that crith you for 5k
YOU ****ING DIE*

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Ok so since my mage is only 14 I could easily just reroll. I pretty much want to get a really good pvp char and I'm wondering whether it'd be best to stick with mage or go a different class. If I rerolled I'd probably lean toward shaman.
Play whatever class you find fun. Don't base your decision on videos like the one above (Lolprivateserver).

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I'm not basing my decision on videos. I'm basing it on being a pussy about getting killed. I like my hunter because I don't need to worry about people killing me, and while he can pve pretty well he sucks pvp. Hence I want the alt I'm working on to be a more serious char if that makes sense.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Haha, Hunters are amazing at PvP.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
DOT DOT ****ING DOT

YOU ****ING DIE*
That's one tree. That one sucks tbh, precisely because it gives us a bad name. As if that required any skill.

Besides, mage's damage didn't really scale with double the HP. Yes, we have some more damage average, but that's merely because the gear in TBC is far superior to that of pre-TBC. Imagine we're all carrying around tier2.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
CB, hunters are good PvP. You just have to learn how to PvP with them. If you're MM specced, start out on your target with Aimed Shot, while clicking Multi-shot as you cast aimed..that way when it goes off your multi will right after..it's called Aimed Shot Multi-Shot Autoshot combo or some shit.. but its fast DPS.

Then, if you have imp concussive shoot him with concussive and it will daze with a chance to stun for 2 secs. And you keep wailing on said target..eventually he'll reach you and you run by with a Wing clip (imp wing clip helps for stun) and kite him till you have distance then aimed shot again..he probably will be dead by then if not sooner.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
DOT DOT ****ING DOT

YOU ****ING DIE*
Mages with Pyro/PoMPyro are horrible. Well, at 70 if their raiding they are.

All good mages know that going 40 into arcane just for the extra ~125spell dmg isn't worth it when you give up all the massive fire talents that will boost your fire dmg above that anyway.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That's gear/skill. Most mages suck.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yeah but the generalisation that PoM/Pyro mages are nub is pretty bullshit. It might be a cookie cutter build but it's the player behind the toon that matters.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
There is no skill needed to do PoM/Pyro, there is skill needed to know when to do it.

And I don't like the build merely because it gives us mage a bad name.