I recorded a replay...

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by xXLordSlippyXx
Because money maps are pretty cheap, you get to much shit to fast.
And yea, you can get lurks in 7 minutes, but what if someone gets air units in 7 minutes......your screwed :p
Well anyone smart enough would mix Lurkers with Hydralisks.

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I got another thing to say. If you have played in a money map before, I know you like it and you like to play on them often. So don't lie to yourself because major people like Akule and Tronga are saying they don't like money maps. Don't lie to yourself dudes. I believe Akule and Tronga cause I've seen reps of them. I even believe Renzo. But some people just agree with what people say. Who gives a damn if its nonmoney or money. Money maps are for when you want a fast and quick game. Nonmoney are for when you want a slow and steady game. THERE IS nothing wrong with money maps...geez...And money maps still do take skills because you need to think of strategies before someone else kills you. Try playing a money map with no rules. You'll see its harder then it looks.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
I'd have to go with you on that one, about being harder than you think. Although I've never bothered changing the settings from UMS to FFA or the like when searching for games, I can tell when someone here actually has some skill.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hydralisk591
I got another thing to say. If you have played in a money map before, I know you like it and you like to play on them often. So don't lie to yourself because major people like Akule and Tronga are saying they don't like money maps. Don't lie to yourself dudes. I believe Akule and Tronga cause I've seen reps of them. I even believe Renzo. But some people just agree with what people say. Who gives a damn if its nonmoney or money. Money maps are for when you want a fast and quick game. Nonmoney are for when you want a slow and steady game. THERE IS nothing wrong with money maps...geez...And money maps still do take skills because you need to think of strategies before someone else kills you. Try playing a money map with no rules. You'll see its harder then it looks.
Major people like Akule and Tronga? Are you kidding? That was a stupid thing to say.

But seriously man... money-maps are sad and need absolutely no skill. Whoever can get the advantage as in lurk enemy has no detector, air enemy has no AA. The game is over. Just mass your ass and it's gg.

Play me anytime in regular and I'll show you that money maps ruin your skill. Not being rude or arrogant or anything, but it's true.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Sakuhta, I told you several times not to flame.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Why don't we all settle this over a nice game of cat and mouse?

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by BlackSapphire
Why don't we all settle this over a nice game of cat and mouse?
I WIN!!! FIGHT ME!!!

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No Sak, YOU have no skills! Dude, you just say you don't like money maps cause mostly everyone in this forum does. But guess what. I saw a poll that said Which is better, money maps or nonmoney maps, and money maps was beating nonmoney maps by a long shot. So dude, please, tell the truth.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
The polls usually mean which one are more popular, not which one is the best.

And, Hydra, do not assume you know what people you do not know think of the money maps, and why do they do that. God, this last sentence seems somewhat confused.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hydralisk591
No Sak, YOU have no skills! Dude, you just say you don't like money maps cause mostly everyone in this forum does. But guess what. I saw a poll that said Which is better, money maps or nonmoney maps, and money maps was beating nonmoney maps by a long shot. So dude, please, tell the truth.
Because a poll says that money maps are better I'm lieng about not liking them and I have no skills? Please kid. We'll settle it in a 1v1.

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
THATS NOT the damn point! WHO CARES if its a money map or a non money map? THATS THE point!

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Money maps require less skill because: One whole section of strategy is taken away. You just get money and don't worry about how it will effect you further in the game. The only thing it does is slightly boost your speed. So it does take leass skill. I've proven it. :p anyways if you ever want to be in a tourney you best not play money maps all the time... they dont have any tourney with moneymaps that I know of.

so meh

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
God, can't you all just stop quoting and agreeing? That's useless for the topic. At least add why do you agree...

Anyway, I agree with Ryan. The whole section of worrying about money goes away. It is true that it does requires some skill to save yourself from a 2 players rush (I guess 3 players will be just impossible, maybe not ;)). It does require some knowledge to know how to easily defeat mass BCs. But it does not require the huge amount of skill it requires on normal maps, at all.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by RyanXWing
Money maps require less skill because: One whole section of strategy is taken away. You just get money and don't worry about how it will effect you further in the game. The only thing it does is slightly boost your speed. So it does take leass skill. I've proven it. :p anyways if you ever want to be in a tourney you best not play money maps all the time... they dont have any tourney with moneymaps that I know of.

so meh
Not only that it takes away the section of strategy on what to build, and micro. All you have to do is mass the ultimate (BC, Carrier) and hit A and click.

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't play money maps often anymore, but still, you guys shouldn't say money map suck because they don't. THEY ARE good for fast and quick games.

Contract

Member!
Reaction score
I play both types of maps....
Money when I don't have time.
"Legit" when I do.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Hey Hydra, you mind explaining to me, and everyone else, why the hell you got raped so easily, within 10 minutes of the game? You were yellow, and got totally owned...you didnt even get a hydra den...Please, enlighten us.

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Hydra, the reps of me here are old an outdated, I'd be glad to 1v1 you any time, any place, any (nonmoney) map. Money maps are just build massive ammounts of units, wait 20 mins, then attack. most money map games are all NR20 mins. Thats not skill. Thats who builds the most units.