I need the original StarEdit.exe

Navimaster

Reaction score
I am having a problem installing the new Patch due to a bad checksum of StarEdit.exe ... I have a staredit.exe application of 988kb size ... I saw in another thread about a person called Moikk that had the same problem, I need exactly what he needed, an original unpatched StarEdit.exe ... it would be appreciated, I really want to play this game, :usad

Thank you.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Do you have the file 'StarDat.mpq'? Other than that, the best suggestion I can give is to reinstall StarCraft.

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
I could give you staredit.exe, but try downloading the patch installer first.Link. I had problems installing the 1.12 patch and the 1.13 patch from battle.net, but by using programs like this from Blizzard, it seems to work better. If that doesn't work, I'd be surprised, but I could send you StarEdit.exe. I assume you have WinMPQ?

Sickafant

Reaction score
Don't know if you're using Vista, but I had the same problem and solved it this way.

Try scanning for viruses. I specifically had one imposter at C:\ Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Adobe\Manager.exe.

After I got rid of that, I tried to patch directly from B.net, and got an error that said something along the lines of being unable to verify the version and to reinstall, with the possibility of a virus if the error keeps occuring. So I reinstalled, and the problem was still there.

Got past this by launching the StarCraft.exe in the game directory as an administrator. It all patched up after this just fine.

I was using the digital download as well. Hope this helps.